Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Joanna is going to have a rotational on that little mare if she keeps going at the speed she's going! What a super pony but needs a bit more direction from it's rider. Inside the time at BE90, on a 13.2/14h(?) WITH a circle... oh and can someone tell her plaits are PLATTS not PLATES ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️
I've just skipped through the vlog this morning. I am actually on edge watching her SJ/XC rounds. She simply does not know how to control that little horse and is just letting her run and it looks dangerous. She seems to see it as forward and yes it is forward, but it's actually just not having control. There's not even a little bit of collection coming into a fence! Even in the warm ups she is flying at the fences. I also think her dressage was marked way better than it should have been. There's going to be an accident one day and if she comes off at that speed over that height, she is going to really hurt either herself, her horse or both.

Reactions: 3
RTG has had Peps condition scored at a six which is assuming same scale 1-9 as Spillers slightly over so she is clearly listening
Did she do it herself using the tool on their site or did a rep come out

Reactions: 1
The rep came out by the sounds of things.
Rep clearly needs retraining that horse isn't a 6. We have newforest ponies and our vet checks their condition when ever they come out. The farrier does the same, duty of care. I don't understand why her vet hasn't said anything.

I've just skipped through the vlog this morning. I am actually on edge watching her SJ/XC rounds. She simply does not know how to control that little horse and is just letting her run and it looks dangerous. She seems to see it as forward and yes it is forward, but it's actually just not having control. There's not even a little bit of collection coming into a fence! Even in the warm ups she is flying at the fences. I also think her dressage was marked way better than it should have been. There's going to be an accident one day and if she comes off at that speed over that height, she is going to really hurt either herself, her horse or both.
I'd not want to warm up with her, it looks dangerous for everyone in the ring with her.

I guess it’s that I can’t afford a Ferrari but I can a land rover
To another persons I can’t afford a Land Rover so here is my Renault cleo 😅 I don’t follow the page so don’t know how much she claims poverty, but they have horses and go hunting so sorry your not poor, if you’ve enough money spare to own I think 4 now please don’t patronise me with your money issues keep that to yourself, quickest way to lose respect
We all have to watch spending at times but for some it’s whether to turn on the heating compared to another’s do I really need this new horse
Some people just dont know the meaning of the word skint.

I remember a (now ex) friend of mine complaining they were broke because they had just bought a new trailer whilst sat in their detached 4 bedroom house with 2 cars on the drive..

That week I had given my 4 to jelly for breakfast because that was all I had in and had to ask my mum for money to put electric on the meter and get some basic food in.

I work hard but sometimes life hits you hard....you don't know the meaning of broke until you are literally penniless with no way to tighten up anymore!

Grates my goat!

They seem pretty comfortable to me and if they aren't then they have plenty of ways to rein it in a bit!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Rep clearly needs retraining that horse isn't a 6. We have newforest ponies and our vet checks their condition when ever they come out. The farrier does the same, duty of care. I don't understand why her vet hasn't said anything.
Maybe it was actually a 9 but Ray read it upside down and thought it was a 6. Or she’s lying when she said in her stories she had such a smug grin on her face. She’ll soon have it wiped of her face when Pepper gets Laminitis. Someone did comment in her latest instagram post about Pepper not looking right. But she’s so upside down and not even remotly engaged I’m not surprised she doesn’t look right, plus having Ray using her back as a trampoline is going to have yet another detrimental effect on Pepper, she has a lot of work to do before even considering trying sitting trot again.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Interesting that she noted in her Keratex review that Pepper's hooves are susceptible to chipping and splitting and breaking off.. That couldn't be anything to do with the fact her farrier sands half the wall thickness off leaving the hooves structurally compromised? But don't worry Keratex's carcinogenic products will save the day.

Reactions: 16
Interesting that she noted in her Keratex review that Pepper's hooves are susceptible to chipping and splitting and breaking off.. That couldn't be anything to do with the fact her farrier sands half the wall thickness off leaving the hooves structurally compromised? But don't worry Keratex's carcinogenic products will save the day.
It’s the old story of creating a problem to create a market for your cure

Stop it!!!!! Please don’t tell me this is true, I’m gonna have to go watch 😂😂 hooves splitting and breaking off is down to incorrect movement, diet & trim. She’s not getting any of those things right so no topical product in the world is gonna save her there.

Reactions: 2
I don't follow RTG but I just had a look trying to find the keratex review and only got as far as the latest post on her lesson. I can't believe any instructor is encouraging her to do sitting trot 😳

Reactions: 4
hahaha! She never really addressed that either, just deleted most of the comments and got defensive at the rest
It’s so irresponsible to not address things that are actually causing harm to the horse like sanding it’s hooves for aesthetics and it’s obesity.
just sets a terrible example, I am always so shocked that brands work with her

Maybe it was actually a 9 but Ray read it upside down and thought it was a 6. Or she’s lying when she said in her stories she had such a smug grin on her face. She’ll soon have it wiped of her face when Pepper gets Laminitis. Someone did comment in her latest instagram post about Pepper not looking right. But she’s so upside down and not even remotly engaged I’m not surprised she doesn’t look right, plus having Ray using her back as a trampoline is going to have yet another detrimental effect on Pepper, she has a lot of work to do before even considering trying sitting trot again.
I think she looks a little lame behind (left hind?) in her most recent post...

I do think Ray genuinely adores Pepper, but I imagine that her feelings about Peps weight are closely bound up with her own relationship with food, and that extra psychological layer is the reason she can't (/won't?) be objective about Pepper's weight. I think that's also why she pushes back so much at the words "abuse" or "neglect" because she thinks those things aren't compatible with her loving her horse, so therefore anything attached to that sentiment (i.e. Pepper's weight) must also be wrong. I think she is a nice lady who is surrounded by people irl who don't want to upset her and then everyone else gets written off as haters... I hope she finds someone whether that be a friend or professional who can support her and Peps in an open and honest way.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I do think Ray genuinely adores Pepper, but I imagine that her feelings about Peps weight are closely bound up with her own relationship with food, and that extra psychological layer is the reason she can't (/won't?) be objective about Pepper's weight. I think that's also why she pushes back so much at the words "abuse" or "neglect" because she thinks those things aren't compatible with her loving her horse, so therefore anything attached to that sentiment (i.e. Pepper's weight) must also be wrong. I think she is a nice lady who is surrounded by people irl who don't want to upset her and then everyone else gets written off as haters... I hope she finds someone whether that be a friend or professional who can support her and Peps in an open and honest way.
Brilliantly put ☺

Erin Williams needs to watch Esme’s latest video …. Liberty perfectly explained and demonstrated

Joanna is going to have a rotational on that little mare if she keeps going at the speed she's going! What a super pony but needs a bit more direction from it's rider. Inside the time at BE90, on a 13.2/14h(?) WITH a circle... oh and can someone tell her plaits are PLATTS not PLATES ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️
Which account is this?

More likely that RTG is lying so that company needs to be made aware she’s painting them in a bad light. A few people calling a horse overweight could be considered as ‘haters’ but when an overwhelming amount of people are saying to then it needs looking into.

I think you’ve nailed it. If Pep loses the weight she should then can RTG realistically keep riding her? An overweight horse balances out and overweight rider as wrong as it is. But this is putting strain on Pep and it’s not right. RTG’s weight would need a stocky ID to be ridden comfortably and be in good condition. And even then I think she’s too heavy to be riding.

Not at all a crack at her weight. But when the welfare of an animal is in question then some home truths are needed.

That comment about Meg was out of order and her horses’ welfare isn’t in question. But Pep’s is and I think that’s the crux here. I do not condone body shaming at all. But when you’re involved with animals their welfare needs to come first no matter what. And I feel like Pep’s welfare needs aren’t being met.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes annabella that’s what happens when you buy **sorry get bought ** ready made gp horses and have gp riders ride them you get selected over people who have actually worked to get their way to the top.
As much as she has worked extremely hard because it's not just being plopped on a ready made horse and not having to know how to ride it.. It does prove you can buy your way to the top. Happy for her, because it's clear she wants it and she still had to work at it even if she was given a large step up to where she is. We have to remember the difference between her and us is the same as the difference between us horse owners and the people who would give anything to have their own horse at all.

Reactions: 7
As much as she has worked extremely hard because it's not just being plopped on a ready made horse and not having to know how to ride it.. It does prove you can buy your way to the top. Happy for her, because it's clear she wants it and she still had to work at it even if she was given a large step up to where she is. We have to remember the difference between her and us is the same as the difference between us horse owners and the people who would give anything to have their own horse at all.
yeah, you can’t just buy a top horse or a ‘push button’ one and expect results. You still need to know how to ride at the level the horse is capable of. But a good horse certainly helps you progress.

New Thread Name:

I tried some feed and I like it, don’t recommend it daily

(Katy Perry)

Which account is this?

More likely that RTG is lying so that company needs to be made aware she’s painting them in a bad light. A few people calling a horse overweight could be considered as ‘haters’ but when an overwhelming amount of people are saying to then it needs looking into.

I think you’ve nailed it. If Pep loses the weight she should then can RTG realistically keep riding her? An overweight horse balances out and overweight rider as wrong as it is. But this is putting strain on Pep and it’s not right. RTG’s weight would need a stocky ID to be ridden comfortably and be in good condition. And even then I think she’s too heavy to be riding.

Not at all a crack at her weight. But when the welfare of an animal is in question then some home truths are needed.

That comment about Meg was out of order and her horses’ welfare isn’t in question. But Pep’s is and I think that’s the crux here. I do not condone body shaming at all. But when you’re involved with animals their welfare needs to come first no matter what. And I feel like Pep’s welfare needs aren’t being met.
I’ve got an ID and I wouldn’t allow someone that weight to ride him

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.