Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the subject of ASA I was defo gonna apply for the absolute joke of seeing me on a 14hh mongrel cob 😂 but also we absolutely need a mole from here to be on the show!! But defo would LOVE to see RTG on ASA!!!

on a serious note, I always thought holly was a good rider but her last few videos and been a bit… messy?Maybe pushing the horses a little bit too fast and too far?
I don’t think Holly is. She is taking it easy with Dahli getting his confidence going and Kahl clearly is scopey enough to handle those big tracks, I think she’s doing well TBH.

Reactions: 2
What makes me laugh, rightly or wrongly, is that 3 out of the 4 VE Squad girls have young/green horses (I know Ember is 8 but he’s probably got the riding age of about 5? I know he has raced but this is all new to him). But it only seems to be Emily who is focusing on getting her horse’s head down and is the only one who has jumped big fences. I think Meg’s approach is spot on and that’s why she has produced a Badminton top 3 horse, another Badminton qualified pony and another who is definitely Badminton quality. I would say Meg is as competitive as Emily but she knows that slowly slowly catchy monkey. Honestly baffles me the difference between Ari and Addie. I was on Emily’s side until the recent vlog.

I don’t think Lucy is as competitive as the other two but I would also say her approach to Ember is slower than Emily’s approach to Addie. It would be tempting to go quickly with him because he is 8 and technically has been under saddle for many years. But that’s not how it works. I definitely like Lucy’s approach, but I also think that’s because Justine has her head screwed on.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Cameron and if he was my way again I’d be tempted for a lesson with him. But, he was feeding into her competitive nature. Telling her that they could enter the 6 year old classes next year??? (Don’t get me started on age classes!)
Meg has the right attitude towards young horses, Emily does not.
Lucy i would imagine doesn’t have so much of the time to put in, but is being coached by Justine and doing an amazing job with her horses, I am excited to see Lucy compete Harry, Lucy is in no rush.
Emily is determined but has no sense of understanding for her young horse, and it frustrates me so much, which is why I am not watching her anymore, if she puts Addie for a break what will she ride Apart from Sprite out hacking. I don’t think Emily is capable enough for competition over 1m on Addie at this stage, even if it was next year in the 5/6 yr old classes, Emily will burn Addie out.
I think Tina does a great job with Banks, and enjoys what she does, she certainly loves the camera life.

Reactions: 3
To be fair, it says advise to be jumping 90cm, not that you should be 😂 let’s all apply anyway.

on Tina’s story she said she is no longer sponsored by NAF but ‘that’s a different story’, anyone know what she means? Didn’t realise she wasn’t sponsored by them anymore.

Reactions: 7
on Tina’s story she said she is no longer sponsored by NAF but ‘that’s a different story’, anyone know what she means? Didn’t realise she wasn’t sponsored by them anymore.
With her voice they prob mistakenly thought she was a bug and sprayed her with NAF off repellent…..
No must not be nasty, sponsor’s to be fair do chop and change all the time so may not be something dramatic, when I had sponsorship (not horses before it’s asked) years ago they over the years got that many new ones (like in the 100s of them) that we just sort of drifted apart

• Haha
As well as getting free product Tina charges brands to advertise them. when she was at about 15,000 followers it was £200 to appear on a post & £100 in her story its probably a lot more now.NAF didn’t want to pay when they can get LOTB doing it just for free product.

I know this because Ive got a friend who approached her tohelp get a clothing brand off the ground. Tina alsosaid she would come to her stand at a big show she was at but my friend had to pay her travel expenses & a £50 appearance fee.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
As well as getting free product Tina charges brands to advertise them. when she was at about 15,000 followers it was £200 to appear on a post & £100 in her story its probably a lot more now.NAF didn’t want to pay when they can get LOTB doing it just for free product.

I know this because Ive got a friend who approached her tohelp get a clothing brand off the ground. Tina alsosaid she would come to her stand at a big show she was at but my friend had to pay her travel expenses & a £50 appearance fee.
Surely thats how sponsorship should work though. To appear at a big show Tina would have to take time off work and travel to get there which is cheap. I expect Esme gets payed to advertise all the stuff she does as getting a free saddle does not pay the bills and no one is complaining at her. If she cam prove she is bringing the company extra income by posting then she has every right to charge people. More fool the people with a large following doing it for free just because they want to be famous and show off to everyone.

Reactions: 11
No wonder she can afford to go PT and buy a Louis Vuitton bag 😳
Don’t think I’d want a louis vuitton bag even if I could afford one 😂😂 I wonder if she is still sponsored by bluechip I’m sure they where one of her sponsors, but her charging to advertise would explain some of the non horsey ads like those headphones and phone chargers she was advertising. I think horsey companies know they will always find someone desperate enough to advertise for free.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

tbf, this is absolutely how it should be. Wonder how much ThisEsme charges? She’s surely got the biggest (pure equestrian) following on social media?

To be fair this is far less than what non-horsey influencers who are advertising clothes charge!! 😂

Wow.
Poor Addie :-(
Watched the Vlog with Emily and I think it was uncomfortable to watch.
she comes across as a proper brat kicking the hell out of a five year old with a face like thunder.
look how privileged you are right now and also put your horse first. Too competitive and wants to be up with the rest of them. Well you should have bought a ready made horse then!
I liked Emily but this has put me right off.
get a grip and no! it’s not impressive that you put your baby horse over a large fence you just look pathetic.
Also Tina just shut up and video. It’s not your lesson and no one was asking for your opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I really hope Lucy tops SUKO as she so deserves it. Harry is beautiful and she is doing a super job with Ember, I don’t really care about the other on SUKO LOL, but I have time for Lucy. In her posts she looks like she’s having a great time, she didn’t have the best last year with poor Laragh, but fingers crossed she smashes it this time and tops off the others.

Reactions: 10
I didn’t say what Tina was doing was right or wrong just explaining why NAF no longer work with her why would they pay when wannabes will do it for a free bottle of hoof oil.

Reactions: 5
I didn’t say what Tina was doing was right or wrong just explaining why NAF no longer work with her why would they pay when wannabes will do it for a free bottle of hoof oil.
I’d do it for a free bottle of hoof oil 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Lots of negative comments on H&C Facebook post. I really hope they rethink it. I would have entered if it wasn’t for the 90 requirement.

I can’t even remember any of the contestants jumping a course of 90cm XC and SJ in the last two series? Even the smart cob who won was only doing 70 or so I think? I actually really liked the variety of novice riders and owners up to experienced. I suppose it makes it harder to compare them when they’re ranking them for the show but I liked the fact that the progression of the novice riders was rewarded, the way they listened to advice and took it on board was an important part of it

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.