Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope Lucy tops SUKO as she so deserves it. Harry is beautiful and she is doing a super job with Ember, I don’t really care about the other on SUKO LOL, but I have time for Lucy. In her posts she looks like she’s having a great time, she didn’t have the best last year with poor Laragh, but fingers crossed she smashes it this time and tops off the others.
I hope Lucy does well too. She really does look out for those horses and makes sure she doesn’t push them too far. I think she doesn’t realise what a smart rider she is and I hope this camp improves her confidence. I love her vlogs and her dry sense of humour, especially when Justine is in them too. Those two work well together.

Reactions: 10
Meg has the right attitude towards young horses, Emily does not.
Lucy i would imagine doesn’t have so much of the time to put in, but is being coached by Justine and doing an amazing job with her horses, I am excited to see Lucy compete Harry, Lucy is in no rush.
Emily is determined but has no sense of understanding for her young horse, and it frustrates me so much, which is why I am not watching her anymore, if she puts Addie for a break what will she ride Apart from Sprite out hacking. I don’t think Emily is capable enough for competition over 1m on Addie at this stage, even if it was next year in the 5/6 yr old classes, Emily will burn Addie out.
I think Tina does a great job with Banks, and enjoys what she does, she certainly loves the camera life.
I agree with you totally.

If she wanted a 'ready made' horse, why didn't she buy a 7/8 year old instead?

Reactions: 4
Lots of negative comments on H&C Facebook post. I really hope they rethink it. I would have entered if it wasn’t for the 90 requirement.
Looking at this I would think this is an insurance requirement more than the channel excluding people. Same with the over 18 stipulation

Reactions: 2
I liked Emily but this has put me right off.
get a grip and no! it’s not impressive that you put your baby horse over a large fence you just look pathetic.
Exactly what I thought just from the thumbnail/video title alone. We can all have an off day but the riding in that video was absolutely shocking!

Lots of negative comments on H&C Facebook post. I really hope they rethink it. I would have entered if it wasn’t for the 90 requirement.
Agree. A real shame as part of the appeal and why it is so popular is because lots of people are able relate to the people on there as there was always such a variety. With that criteria is just going to be filled with the same people, same horses. How dull.

Reactions: 4
Looking at this I would think this is an insurance requirement more than the channel excluding people. Same with the over 18 stipulation
Wouldn't it be more costworthy to have higher hights being jumped over competent people jumping say 60/70cm

Wouldn't it be more costworthy to have higher hights being jumped over competent people jumping say 60/70cm
Yeah capable of jumping a 70cm course would be fair I’d say.

I disagree with everyone saying “what about dressage riders” though. I’d say it’s aimed at allrounders, not anyone in any specific discipline.

Reactions: 5
More likely to have people who are less skilled riders at the lower level from an insurance point of view I would think They need you to be at a certain level and competence. Setting the bar will arise a more educated standard of rider. I would think anyways. I am sure people will lie for there five mins of fame x

Reactions: 1
It’s filmed at Talland, where they take complete novices. I’m sure the insurance is all there regardless of ability.

Absolute nonsense is it about insurance.
Riding schools - which essentially is what Talland is, have insurance for people who have absolutely never sat on a horse before.

I think it would be nice to see the bread and butter rider getting picked for something like that.
I’m sure that’s what they did before, I didn’t actually watch the series where LOTLR was on but as she only does 90 BE’s now I can’t believe she was competently completing them back then - I’m sure some one on here will come and correct me.

I kind of understand why they have done, maybe if they had lowered it to 80cm it would be open to more people.
I think adventures of mega and LOTB will 100% be on this series.

More likely to have people who are less skilled riders at the lower level from an insurance point of view I would think They need you to be at a certain level and competence. Setting the bar will arise a more educated standard of rider. I would think anyways. I am sure people will lie for there five mins of fame x
Surely they would have to check that anyone who is going on is capable of doing what they say they're capable of doing. Even 10cm lower at 80cm would open it up to many competent riders. And to be honest 80cm is also pretty open for most dressage riders providing their horse is capable of jumping/has jumped before.

I’ve lurked only here for a while but just had to make an account to say this..

catherine from Goat The Event Horse, how old is she? She’s just posted something about having a boyfriend and he is 18!!!

I thought she was mid to late 20’s 😳😳

• Wow
I do think the fact that equestrian “influencing” has really taken off over the last couple of years has probably affected their decision to restrict it to people confident at 90cm plus as it’ll reduce the number of applicants. If you think back to when the last all star academy took place influencing wasn’t as much of a thing (or only just starting to take off) and there were far fewer horsey influencers/content creators out there then compared to now. If they don’t limit the applications they would be absolutely inundated.

And whether they like it or not ASA is going to attract all the wannabe influencer types so they can get their 5 minutes of fame and boost their Instagram following…it’s the love island of the horse world 😂

Reactions: 3
Horse and country have changed it. Instagram bombarded with applications, lovely 😬

Watched the Vlog with Emily and I think it was uncomfortable to watch.
she comes across as a proper brat kicking the hell out of a five year old with a face like thunder.
look how privileged you are right now and also put your horse first. Too competitive and wants to be up with the rest of them. Well you should have bought a ready made horse then!
I liked Emily but this has put me right off.
get a grip and no! it’s not impressive that you put your baby horse over a large fence you just look pathetic.
Also Tina just shut up and video. It’s not your lesson and no one was asking for your opinion.
I do think she is trying to keep up with everyone around her... so I kind of got the vibe that the 'angry' kicking and facial expression was coming from anxiety about making sure the horse performs and impresses. It was all a bit odd to watch... what's with all the hooning around at the start? I don't think there was anything constructive to be had out of it and I think that was poor advice. I'm not sure what Cameron was trying to get her to achieve in a lot of what we were seeing.

And totally agree - the horse obviously can jump, but what's the point in clearing >1m if you and your instructor are literally discussing how the approaching canter isn't ok? Or how your contact isn't consistent? Take a step back... its your horse, go at your own pace.

Also really bugs me how much jewelery she has on and no gloves but that might just be me 😂

Reactions: 7
Horse and country have changed it. Instagram bombarded with applications, lovely 😬
I was Totally wrong with insurance then 😂😂. Maybe they realised they can’t get the ones they already have lined up in 😉. I really don’t want to watch tit riders just after their five mins of fame 😭

Reactions: 3
I’ve lurked only here for a while but just had to make an account to say this..

catherine from Goat The Event Horse, how old is she? She’s just posted something about having a boyfriend and he is 18!!!

I thought she was mid to late 20’s 😳😳
I don’t really see what the issue is regardless. Plenty of people with an age gap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.