Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God just had time to watch a bit of that Emily vlog…I hope she watches that back at some point and cringes. Really hard hands, looked like she was just pinning her into the contact whilst also booting her in the side, I would tell my riders off for doing that not egging on. I also don’t know what the ragging around the arena achieved… also the work on the circle pulling the inside hand over the neck to achieve a “flexion” but that blocks the shoulder so it’s not true bend…a bit of a baffling lesson tbh!

I really hope Addie gets a decent break after this camp.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
God just had time to watch a bit of that Emily vlog…I hope she watches that back at some point and cringes. Really hard hands, looked like she was just pinning her into the contact whilst also booting her in the side, I would tell my riders off for doing that not egging on. I also don’t know what the ragging around the arena achieved… also the work on the circle pulling the inside hand over the neck to achieve a “flexion” but that blocks the shoulder so it’s not true bend…a bit of a baffling lesson tbh!

Yes the hands and the booting 👎

I think she should just delete the video and promise herself she will never ride like that again and apologise to her very sweet horse! Imagine editing that vlog and thinking it’s acceptable! I guess she probably does a lot worst when not filming. When Tina laughs about getting something out her system???!?! Errrr what?

Reminds me of this saying- there is only two emotions that belong in the saddle one is a sense of humour and the other is patience.

Reactions: 9
I’ve always been a big fan of Emily and her approach but I was disappointed by her last vlog. I expect, on reflection, she’d be a bit disappointed in herself too. It’s always easy to pass comment when you don’t know the horse/situation and only see snapshots but it feels it would benefit them both to take a step back, slow down and go back to basics. I know changing the bit isn’t always the answer and there is clearly a training issue there, but she really doesn’t look that comfy in her mouth. That said, Lola always had a ‘busy’ mouth too…

Reactions: 3

The flying around the arena was the response she was asking in her to go forward, I know she was running but she went forwards and I also think Cameron gets her to do it when she fights the contact, to make her go forwards to stop that ( I believe, was in her previous lesson to this one).

Reactions: 2
Yes the hands and the booting 👎

I think she should just delete the video and promise herself she will never ride like that again and apologise to her very sweet horse! Imagine editing that vlog and thinking it’s acceptable! I guess she probably does a lot worst when not filming. When Tina laughs about getting something out her system???!?! Errrr what?

Reminds me of this saying- there is only two emotions that belong in the saddle one is a sense of humour and the other is patience.
In one of Tina’s stories today she was talking about how all the horses were tired but made a point to say Addie was super tired. Poor thing needs a break. I used to really like Emily. But as others have said, she’s pushing a young and green horse too hard. She’s risking ruining her. All because she wants to get out competing too soon. What’s she gonna do when she ruins that horse? Sell her and get another youngster?

Reactions: 10
In one of Tina’s stories today she was talking about how all the horses were tired but made a point to say Addie was super tired. Poor thing needs a break. I used to really like Emily. But as others have said, she’s pushing a young and green horse too hard. She’s risking ruining her. All because she wants to get out competing too soon. What’s she gonna do when she ruins that horse? Sell her and get another youngster?
It’s absolutely appalling what she is doing. I feel so sorry for that little horse! I know we’ve all said the same thing, but surely can they not see why she is tired for god sake?!!

Rhi definitely plagued the H&C team to just roam around the SUKO set today. She always has to put her nose in everything, doesn’t she? Like what output is from her appearance there?

haven’t heard anything about Lucy’s Laragh recently, I wonder is she gone home?

Can anyone recommend any dressage, or just non jumping/eventing vloggers? I've found them on social media but no-one who does YouTube and I'm fed up of the same sort of videos

Reactions: 1
It’s absolutely appalling what she is doing. I feel so sorry for that little horse! I know we’ve all said the same thing, but surely can they not see why she is tired for god sake?!!
That horse has so much potential but she’s running her into the ground. She’s gonna turn that horse sour

Rhi definitely plagued the H&C team to just roam around the SUKO set today. She always has to put her nose in everything, doesn’t she? Like what output is from her appearance there?

haven’t heard anything about Lucy’s Laragh recently, I wonder is she gone home?
Was she even supposed to announce where it was? Non of the others have that I’ve noticed.

Was she even supposed to announce where it was? Non of the others have that I’ve noticed.
i think for privacy reasons they didn’t until today so no one would turn up unexpectedly I guess? Today they’ve been tagging the people who own it at Nodwood House Equine. Still just baffled why she was there. What does she even do. She just tags along to everything

I notice Ruth Irish Fake Equine has fallen off the face of Instagram and shared the odd boring competition. Share it on your personal page Ruth

• Haha
Can anyone recommend any dressage, or just non jumping/eventing vloggers? I've found them on social media but no-one who does YouTube and I'm fed up of the same sort of videos
I like watching Jesse drent, not so much his partner, Jesse relationship with his horses and life in general is brilliant, he was out filming the sound of frogs recently which just makes me happy, I love the little things in life and when I find someone else that appreciates those things too it just makes me happy 😊 his Shetland is a hilarious character, it’s just a nice channel imo

Reactions: 5
i think for privacy reasons they didn’t until today so no one would turn up unexpectedly I guess? Today they’ve been tagging the people who own it at Nodwood House Equine. Still just baffled why she was there. What does she even do. She just tags along to everything

I notice Ruth Irish Fake Equine has fallen off the face of Instagram and shared the odd boring competition. Share it on your personal page Ruth
I wonder if anyone turned up last year as they where very open about where they where and did a lot more stories at nightime. Or at least they seemed to, my stories have been going back to the beginning so I haven’t been watching them. I bet Rhi was strutting round like the queen of sheeba, but I’ve noticed not one of those that took part like her instagram post. Not quite to amazing famous instagrammer she likes to think she is then 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
I wonder if anyone turned up last year as they where very open about where they where and did a lot more stories at nightime. Or at least they seemed to, my stories have been going back to the beginning so I haven’t been watching them. I bet Rhi was strutting round like the queen of sheeba, but I’ve noticed not one of those that took part like her instagram post. Not quite to amazing famous instagrammer she likes to think she is then 😂😂😂😂
update your Instagram app and it will stop the stories going back to the beginning 😊

I thought she was sponsored by that yard or something Is it not that rehab yard that she did a video on?

Zara Griffiss does dressage vlogs?
Matt Harnake is a dressage rider but he doesn't really compete or anything, just buys and sells spanish horses.
Amelia Newcomb teaches, along with Your Riding Success
Joseph Newcomb who is Amelia's brother who does more artsy videos about his dressage horse importing business.
HeartHorse Dressage who is Bert Sheffield the Canadian para dressage rider
Talicia Beardsmore who is an aussie dressage rider
Jessie Smith Dressage who is an aussie para dressage rider
Jessica Gale who I think does decomplicating dressage podcast
Then there's olivia towers when she does post.
And some smaller accounts (under 1k) on youtube are
EquiiKath
Ellieandralph1

I have said it before, but I really like Catherine DuFour (spelling!?) And Rasmine Laudrups Instas. Both are really well done, and the horses look fab

Also - EMD has been very quiet, I would like to think she's realised that her behaviour with that lovely little mare is/was normal acceptable.
Be nice to hear Addie getting a decent amount of time off now for rnr.

I thought she was sponsored by that yard or something Is it not that rehab yard that she did a video on?
Don’t think she sponsored by them she just made a video and now thinks shes royalty. Not sure what she brings to SUKO other than that weird horsey girl fan girling over very minor celebrities. Simon is gay and Cameron gives of gay vibes so no point drooling over them. As for the girls I think she’s jealous that they are well known enough to be on horse and country. I think I’d rather meet to horses than the people, I absolutely love Jam and I’m not normally a gelding person but Banksy is growing on me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Also - EMD has been very quiet, I would like to think she's realised that her behaviour with that lovely little mare is/was normal acceptable.
Be nice to hear Addie getting a decent amount of time off now for rnr.
I'm surprised she hasn't said anything about her booting tantrum. It was really bad form and it seems from the comments here, she's lost a lot of respect from people for it.
I wouldn't be as bothered as I know we've all lost our rag here and there over the years.. But she could have made comment in the vlog either through putting some text on at that moment or commenting on it at the end of the vlog to say she was embarrased by her behaviour or she feels bad and knows it was wrong bla bla bla but left it in to show the reality or whatever. I wouldn't have been so put off had she done that. But the fact she left it in and left in Tina joking about it just leaves a sour taste.
edit/p.s. I don't think she needs 'cancelling' for this but it's a perfect opportunity to keep that relatability and also speak about the pressures of socials and keeping up with her peers!

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.