Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just sat at watched Emily’s lesson with Caneron
I wanted to cry
Emily was angry, they were harsh and cruel to that poor mare.
And as for Tina? Who was teaching her or Epic Cameron?? Her stupid screechy voice chiming in.
Pathetic fan Girling

Reactions: 12
While I agree Addie was way too overbent in Emily's recent vlog, and that she's been doing way too much with her and she needs a break... I think SUKO might be the making of them. I don't know if anyone saw her recent reel, but Addie in the first dressage lesson looked much much better!
I thought exactly the same thing.

How are you watching SUKO?
Is it on H&CTV?
I just saw a photo and thought they all look like mid to late twenties white privileged women with fancy sports horses... Where's the diversity?
Are there the new fresh ideas for a fresh season, things like getting them to be really challenged with doing some horsemanship stuff/TRT method, focusing on skills that everyone would like to improve like long reining, get Lucinda green on a find the flags xc lesson ... So so much could be done with it.
I think it started because the 4 of them did Virtually Eventing during lockdown and it was an extension of that plus a pre season training camp basically. It's H_C doing a sort of reality show for the most part. They have changed things up a little by the sounds of it but I think they save the real 'skills' for things like Back to Basics. I don't have a problem with H&C doing more entertainment based stuff alongside their other content.

Reactions: 3
What makes me laugh, rightly or wrongly, is that 3 out of the 4 VE Squad girls have young/green horses (I know Ember is 8 but he’s probably got the riding age of about 5? I know he has raced but this is all new to him). But it only seems to be Emily who is focusing on getting her horse’s head down and is the only one who has jumped big fences. I think Meg’s approach is spot on and that’s why she has produced a Badminton top 3 horse, another Badminton qualified pony and another who is definitely Badminton quality. I would say Meg is as competitive as Emily but she knows that slowly slowly catchy monkey. Honestly baffles me the difference between Ari and Addie. I was on Emily’s side until the recent vlog.

I don’t think Lucy is as competitive as the other two but I would also say her approach to Ember is slower than Emily’s approach to Addie. It would be tempting to go quickly with him because he is 8 and technically has been under saddle for many years. But that’s not how it works. I definitely like Lucy’s approach, but I also think that’s because Justine has her head screwed on.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Cameron and if he was my way again I’d be tempted for a lesson with him. But, he was feeding into her competitive nature. Telling her that they could enter the 6 year old classes next year??? (Don’t get me started on age classes!)

Reactions: 7
What makes me laugh, rightly or wrongly, is that 3 out of the 4 VE Squad girls have young/green horses (I know Ember is 8 but he’s probably got the riding age of about 5? I know he has raced but this is all new to him). But it only seems to be Emily who is focusing on getting her horse’s head down and is the only one who has jumped big fences. I think Meg’s approach is spot on and that’s why she has produced a Badminton top 3 horse, another Badminton qualified pony and another who is definitely Badminton quality. I would say Meg is as competitive as Emily but she knows that slowly slowly catchy monkey. Honestly baffles me the difference between Ari and Addie. I was on Emily’s side until the recent vlog.

I don’t think Lucy is as competitive as the other two but I would also say her approach to Ember is slower than Emily’s approach to Addie. It would be tempting to go quickly with him because he is 8 and technically has been under saddle for many years. But that’s not how it works. I definitely like Lucy’s approach, but I also think that’s because Justine has her head screwed on.

Don’t get me wrong, I like Cameron and if he was my way again I’d be tempted for a lesson with him. But, he was feeding into her competitive nature. Telling her that they could enter the 6 year old classes next year??? (Don’t get me started on age classes!)
I agree. I actually had to turn Emily’s latest vlog off. The kicking made me feel sick- alongside the commentary on it. I was gobsmacked she’d left it in. I’ve always enjoyed Emily’s vlogs but this was something I hadn’t seen before and has tainted things for me

Reactions: 6
It was a proper Pony Club brat tantrum kick! I'm uncomfortable to watch for sure but then again I think we've all done stuff we've regretted later and let our tempera get the better of us on n the heat of the moment. The suprise is that she left it in the vlog. I'd prefer if she went back without Tina tho, I don't think Tina helps much with all the commenting

Reactions: 8
I’m going to be quite controversial now, but I can’t make my mind up about Cameron. He’s full of little quips and analogies and says “as *insert-top-rider-here* once said” pretty much constantly but I do find some of his suggestions a little off the mark.
I also don’t think I could cope with his voice screeching across the arena at me
Fair play to him with his own horses, he obviously knows how to produce them, but I feel he might encourage Emily to push that mare too quickly because he believes it to be talented enough.

Reactions: 8
Equestrianism is by and large a white woman sport. You can’t create diversity where there isn’t diversity. H&c did have a series which featured Lydia Heywood.
If not ethnicity, What about just diverse backgrounds i.e. someone who scrimps and saves and is DIY at a livery yard? How about someone who is in the LGBTQ community, or god forbid someone who doesn't have a super sports horse, what about a turbo cob or a super shire?
A little imagination aside from four rich white women with identikit lifestyles.
I'd love to see someone who could really genuinely benefit from SUKO maybe like Canterring who is doing her best to improve on her loan horse at a friend's yard and has a got a a big following?

You find the diversity and send them onto horse and country. Then send them your ideas. If they don’t know it’s somthing people want to watch they aren’t going to put it on. They will only be putting on what they think people want to watch. On anther note is Lucy sponsored by champion? The other 3 are which would explain why the 4 of them are doing it as it looks like champion is one of the main sponsors.
Very good point - I will do!
Also, I've just seen someone say it's an extension of their Virtual Eventing so maybe understand a bit better why it's them now.....

If not ethnicity, What about just diverse backgrounds i.e. someone who scrimps and saves and is DIY at a livery yard? How about someone who is in the LGBTQ community, or god forbid someone who doesn't have a super sports horse, what about a turbo cob or a super shire?
A little imagination aside from four rich white women with identikit lifestyles.
I'd love to see someone who could really genuinely benefit from SUKO maybe like Canterring who is doing her best to improve on her loan horse at a friend's yard and has a got a a big following?

Very good point - I will do!
Also, I've just seen someone say it's an extension of their Virtual Eventing so maybe understand a bit better why it's them now.....
Simon Grieve is gay so that covers the LGBTQ community or is he not teaching this year. I know they where at his base last year.

I can’t believe Claire is now asking about Aske BE. Why doesn’t she just wait until August to do her next one. The horse is only 5 and not established

Reactions: 2
I can’t believe Claire is now asking about Aske BE. Why doesn’t she just wait until August to do her next one. The horse is only 5 and not established

Have you seen her oh my god we would have been 6th if we had gone faster. I absolutely hate it when people do this. Time penalties are time penalties. You weren’t going to be sixth as your XC is not up to scratch if you’re getting a lot of time penalties!

Reactions: 7
RTG (again, sorry)...

A calming cookie and an energy cookie at the same time. How bleeping thick do people have to be?!

The horse is obese and she's now put her on silvermoor haylage due to her breathing. Also fed in a bloody huge nosebagz thing. Why not give the mare soaked hay in a slow feed net? To provide adlib forage whilst being low cal and low sugar. And how about cut out the bloody treats and unnecessary cookies full of molasses 🤦🏻‍♀️ dick

RTG kicking off on the All staff academy post as they have said people need to be jumping 90cm.

• Haha
Does anyone follow Ellen and Cybarra on Instagram? I had never seen her ride much up to now but she pulled that poor mare's head off today 😬

Reactions: 2
To be fair, she’s got a point! It will exclude more nervous riders which would be very relatable to many….
Possibly the only time I’ve agreed with Ray but she does have a point…

H&C have SUKO which is focused on eventers who are competing around 90cm. Now all H&Cs “reality” style series will focus just on eventers and as someone who has a young horse with no interest in pursuing BE it’s very much put me off watching either series.

Maybe they were anticipating an insane amount of interest so have limited it so they don’t have thousands of application videos to watch…

RTG kicking off on the All staff academy post as they have said people need to be jumping 90cm.
She has a point but theres only so many people they take and there does need to be some way of sorting them. Maybe they can do an all star academy type thing for showing then they don’t need to jump or be competing at elemtary/medium dressage if it was a dresage related one.
Have you seen her oh my god we would have been 6th if we had gone faster. I absolutely hate it when people do this. Time penalties are time penalties. You weren’t going to be sixth as your XC is not up to scratch if you’re getting a lot of time penalties!
I would have won showjumping classes if it wasn’t for poles down 😂

• Haha
Based on the current criteria I don’t think Sophie and Rem would have made the cut. I enjoyed watching her on all stars and following her on instagram

On the subject of ASA I was defo gonna apply for the absolute joke of seeing me on a 14hh mongrel cob 😂 but also we absolutely need a mole from here to be on the show!! But defo would LOVE to see RTG on ASA!!!

on a serious note, I always thought holly was a good rider but her last few videos and been a bit… messy?Maybe pushing the horses a little bit too fast and too far?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.