Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The first part of Emily’s lesson was awful! What on earth was she doing?? I’ve never seen her ride like that before. The horse is super smart but she’s a youngster and the big kicks from Emily and harsh hands were unnecessary. Emily lost her rag there, not nice to see.
It’s awful isn’t it! The horse is so overbent, so clearly an evasion of bit pressure at this stage which is preventing her from going forward and Emily doesn’t seem to get it, and then the head in the air, another evasion of the bit, Emily needs to stop worrying about where her head is and concentrate on getting her forwards. It’s like she wants to get her to BE yesterday…. The poor thing has been in work for months. I’ve lost all respect for her. Emily’s hands are terrible.

Reactions: 8
No idea! So they can do a “big reveal” on TV? or maybe because they’re “celebrities” on TV it’s a security issue 🤣🤣

but I thought the premise was that they get filmed doing Instagram? I’ve never watched it though! Think they should of changed the name as you can’t swipe up anymore!

It’s awful isn’t it! The horse is so overbent, so clearly an evasion of bit pressure at this stage which is preventing her from going forward and Emily doesn’t seem to get it, and then the head in the air, another evasion of the bit, Emily needs to stop worrying about where her head is and concentrate on getting her forwards. It’s like she wants to get her to BE yesterday…. The poor thing has been in work for months. I’ve lost all respect for her. Emily’s hands are terrible.
I agree! It’s like she has no idea how to ride a young horse! And I used to think she was a good rider, what has happened!? Think she should watch her friend Meg abit closer!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Whilst I get why people are curious I find it so odd how nosy people can be about equestrian people’s jobs. I see it asked all over people’s YouTube’s and IGs and I think it’s so rude 😂 especially when people then speculate, I think let them have some privacy about their personal life
Exactly this! It’s irrelevant what she does for work. I’ve seen this a lot on YouTube or persistent questions about what their partner or boyfriend do for work. Just because they share a lot of their life on live doesn’t mean we need to know every detail.

but I thought the premise was that they get filmed doing Instagram? I’ve never watched it though! Think they should of changed the name as you can’t swipe up anymore!

I agree! It’s like she has no idea how to ride a young horse! And I used to think she was a good rider, what has happened!? Think she should watch her friend Meg abit closer!
What’s with all the high pitched cuties voices in their videos, are they that fake as people that they can’t just talk normally, they can’t even call horses horses, they call them ponies in a stupidly high voice, this is my problem with this culture, nothing is real, nothing, they cannot even use their authentic voices, so like hell are we going to see their authentic selves or opinions, they are so hell bent wrapped up in presenting an image that they really are just living a lie, they won’t look back on these years with fondness imo, just regrets, if anyone of them ever read this, please just be yourselves, use your real tone of voice, voice your opinion and stick by the people you like and respect rather than stay around others just because they are fellow bloggers or whatever the f*** I am meant to call them, the Fb fakery has had its day, bring back muddy horses, non matchy outfits, whichever brand is on sale and some authenticity

Reactions: 12
What’s with all the high pitched cuties voices in their videos, are they that fake as people that they can’t just talk normally, they can’t even call horses horses, they call them ponies in a stupidly high voice, this is my problem with this culture, nothing is real, nothing, they cannot even use their authentic voices, so like hell are we going to see their authentic selves or opinions, they are so hell bent wrapped up in presenting an image that they really are just living a lie, they won’t look back on these years with fondness imo, just regrets, if anyone of them ever read this, please just be yourselves, use your real tone of voice, voice your opinion and stick by the people you like and respect rather than stay around others just because they are fellow bloggers or whatever the f*** I am meant to call them, the Fb fakery has had its day, bring back muddy horses, non matchy outfits, whichever brand is on sale and some authenticity
Tina's voice really grates on me. It's so screechy

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Tina's voice really grates on me. It's so screechy
I had to fast forward through the Instagram stories I just cba with it, be authentic or go away, I won’t be watching her stories again or page, life’s to short and that space in my day will be left open for something real :)

Is anyone actually getting bored of watching these vloggers? I used to really enjoy them, but now it seems I don’t, and I think it’s because they are having it all handed to them by being gifted items of everything possible, like Hello Fresh being vlog sponsors, I mean what the hell??!!! Or Y Food etc, it’s out of control. It really isn’t real life vlogging is it? A real life equestrian will work for there horses and have good and bad days, they will go out and buy a saddle if they can afford it and not be sponsored with and handed a brand new trailer, that’s not reality is it?

Reactions: 12
Is anyone actually getting bored of watching these vloggers? I used to really enjoy them, but now it seems I don’t, and I think it’s because they are having it all handed to them by being gifted items of everything possible, like Hello Fresh being vlog sponsors, I mean what the hell??!!! Or Y Food etc, it’s out of control. It really isn’t real life vlogging is it? A real life equestrian will work for there horses and have good and bad days, they will go out and buy a saddle if they can afford it and not be sponsored with and handed a brand new trailer, that’s not reality is it?
Wouldn't be so bad if it was just one of them but they all get given the same things at the same time. Bamm stories all filled with undeclared ads of the same thing

Reactions: 5
I’ve never been big into watching vlogs, I pick the occasional one to watch if it’s about 20/25 mins.
Yesterday I watched Emily’s blog lesson with Cameron, I had to keep skipping bits, Tina continually talks over Emily, tells her what she is feeling on the mare, what she wants to do, what Cameron is doing, shut up!
That will be the last time I watch one.

Reactions: 8
Pitterpatterflipflops has said exactly how ive been feeling about all these vloggers & Instagrammers im done with them all. Im unfollowing all of them & just following smaller accounts that keep it real.

• Heart
Wouldn't be so bad if it was just one of them but they all get given the same things at the same time. Bamm stories all filled with undeclared ads of the same thing
Yea this is the problem they are carbon copies of each other. The same ads, the same content. Even with SUKO this week it’s all going to be the same stuff across their platforms. Surely SUKO itself is just going to be a repetition of the same stuff as last year with the same people and same sponsors.

I liked Lucy’s content with Justine and the Bloodhounds it was something a bit different, lots of head cam footage which was short and snappy and normally straight into the content. I still also enjoy the event vlogs but they are few and far between apart from on Megan’s channel now.

There’s only so many times you can watch yet another lesson, where 80% of the footage is random chatting to the camera and not actually riding.

Does anybody else notice the sad eye on Beag since Keep It Country sold him to Mo Chappall Beag. Anytime she videos him I feel so sad as the eye can tell everything

really enjoying Miri Havketts transparency about the struggles with Blondie and sharing how she broke down in the video. I can imagine how frustrating it is

Does anyone else feel a vibe that Lucy and Tina had a little fall out?

Reactions: 4
Well I must say I was expecting people to be talking about the kicking that Cameron was telling Emily to do. And I was like yeah it's not pretty and it's disrupting the flow but it's not the worst and he was telling her to do it. And then he told her not to take it personally.
Imagine my shock as she brings her back to trot and does her biggest pony club kicks she can muster just to lay into the horse!
Absolutely not on and I'm shocked she left it in. Plus the fact Tina laughed and joked Em was "getting something out of her system"
No matter whether the horse is a baby or not she shouldn't be taking her anger out on Addie. Very VERY disappointed in her as til now I thought Em was one of the better ones of the group.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Yea this is the problem they are carbon copies of each other. The same ads, the same content. Even with SUKO this week it’s all going to be the same stuff across their platforms. Surely SUKO itself is just going to be a repetition of the same stuff as last year with the same people and same sponsors.

I liked Lucy’s content with Justine and the Bloodhounds it was something a bit different, lots of head cam footage which was short and snappy and normally straight into the content. I still also enjoy the event vlogs but they are few and far between apart from on Megan’s channel now.

There’s only so many times you can watch yet another lesson, where 80% of the footage is random chatting to the camera and not actually riding.
They will all vlog, and it will all be the same like you said, just different horses. The same as last year, and it’s pretty boring for some viewers. Probably the only vlogs I watch now are Holly, and Lucy. I think with SUKO it’ll only be different instructors I’d say. But I’m bored of them LOL.
Hopefully Jumping Bryan will start vlogging again soon.

Well I must say I was expecting people to be talking about the kicking that Cameron was telling Emily to do. And I was like yeah it's not pretty and it's disrupting the flow but it's not the worst and he was telling her to do it. And then he told her not to take it personally.
Imagine my shock as she brings her back to trot and does her biggest pony club kicks she can muster just to lay into the horse!
Absolutely not on and I'm shocked she left it in. Plus the fact Tina laughed and joked Em was "getting something out of her system"
No matter whether the horse is a baby or not she shouldn't be taking her anger out on Addie. Very VERY disappointed in her as til now I thought Em was one of the better ones of the group.
Completely with you on this one

They should have organised for Riding with Charlotte to go on SUKO 🤣

Reactions: 1
While I agree Addie was way too overbent in Emily's recent vlog, and that she's been doing way too much with her and she needs a break... I think SUKO might be the making of them. I don't know if anyone saw her recent reel, but Addie in the first dressage lesson looked much much better!

How are you watching SUKO?
Is it on H&CTV?
I just saw a photo and thought they all look like mid to late twenties white privileged women with fancy sports horses... Where's the diversity?
Are there the new fresh ideas for a fresh season, things like getting them to be really challenged with doing some horsemanship stuff/TRT method, focusing on skills that everyone would like to improve like long reining, get Lucinda green on a find the flags xc lesson ... So so much could be done with it.

Reactions: 3
Is it on H&CTV?
I just saw a photo and thought they all look like mid to late twenties white privileged women with fancy sports horses... Where's the diversity?
Are there the new fresh ideas for a fresh season, things like getting them to be really challenged with doing some horsemanship stuff/TRT method, focusing on skills that everyone would like to improve like long reining, get Lucinda green on a find the flags xc lesson ... So so much could be done with it.
Equestrianism is by and large a white woman sport. You can’t create diversity where there isn’t diversity. H&c did have a series which featured Lydia Heywood.

Reactions: 4
Is it on H&CTV?
You find the diversity and send them onto horse and country. Then send them your ideas. If they don’t know it’s somthing people want to watch they aren’t going to put it on. They will only be putting on what they think people want to watch. On anther note is Lucy sponsored by champion? The other 3 are which would explain why the 4 of them are doing it as it looks like champion is one of the main sponsors.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.