Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Putting aside the schedule Em has had with Addie, that is one very talented little mare. Cameron is right, she's got a real future if Emily decides to go for it. They're definitely doing better without Fred

Reactions: 5
How did she manage to have a surprise foal? It had to be planned surely. I absolutely hate when people breed from mares who have physical issues and Crystal surely has something not right with how many tendon injuries she's had.
she tried twice last year to get her in foal and both times she scanned empty, but they must have just missed it as she gave birth 11 months late.

Reactions: 2
Derailing a little but best place to ask, where do you all prefer to look when horse hunting? As in what websites do you search on and rate? Thanks

Reactions: 1
Putting aside the schedule Em has had with Addie, that is one very talented little mare. Cameron is right, she's got a real future if Emily decides to go for it. They're definitely doing better without Fred
I agree, neither Em or Tina seem happy when they’re having a Fred lesson.

Considering he made her cry anything above that is better. I don’t tend to watch her vlogs just instagram but she defintly rides far more positive without him there, even with just Tina there on the ground she ride better and Addie went better. Which is why I said I think she would have been better just going with Tina on the fun ride, the peer pressure would have been far less and more educational for Addie. I feel so sorry for Em she clearly had a confidence crisis which is quite understandable after a fall on a young horse you haven’t had for long and she wasn’t helped in that cross country lesson with Fred. Swipe up kick on is going to do them both the world of good so she will be leaving stuff on a good note before Addie’s break.

Reactions: 4
Cameron seems like a great instructor, very kind but slightly firm when he needs to be and also trying to educate the rider into why he’s saying what he’s saying. Fred just seemed too firm and I personally would have had a confidence crisis if I had the lesson like Emily did with him at that ditch jump. Everyone is different with teaching and what motivates them but Fred’s style certainly wouldn’t do me any favours 🤣

Also I must be really soft but if I had a baby I would have called it a day after the first half of the lesson and not gone onto the jumping

Reactions: 3
Cameron seems like a great instructor, very kind but slightly firm when he needs to be and also trying to educate the rider into why he’s saying what he’s saying. Fred just seemed too firm and I personally would have had a confidence crisis if I had the lesson like Emily did with him at that ditch jump. Everyone is different with teaching and what motivates them but Fred’s style certainly wouldn’t do me any favours 🤣

Also I must be really soft but if I had a baby I would have called it a day after the first half of the lesson and not gone onto the jumping
I found the first part of the lesson quite painful to watch. But they both definitely improved throughout, particularly once she was holding a stick… and it’s refreshing that during her debrief Emily acknowledges that she was probably trying too hard when she first got on.

It bothers me so much though that she never wears gloves. How are her hands not covered in blisters?!

Fred Scala is horrible he’s well known for it. I know someone who worked for him & if he was in a bad mood he wouldnt stop shouting at them until he made them cry it’s like he gets off on making people upset. Absolute piece of tit who shouldn’t be training a parrot to talk let alone grassroots eventers with one horse.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
She’s not really an influencer as such but do any of you follow Luisa Zissman? Her equestrian page specifically.
I know she’s super privileged but she works for the right, yeah her husband is loaded etc etc but I bloody love her and her horses! Warms my black heart to see and hergirls enjoying their horses/ponies and doing right by them

Weird how secretive she’s being! She did a q and a in Martha’s last blog, seemed like she had alot of questions asking this and didn’t want to talk about it! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Weird how secretive she’s being! She did a q and a in Martha’s last blog, seemed like she had alot of questions asking this and didn’t want to talk about it! 🤷🏼‍♀️
To be fair to her, she doesn’t have to tell people what she does especially not if it’s working for the police, whether she is an officer or a civilian member of staff.

Whilst I get why people are curious I find it so odd how nosy people can be about equestrian people’s jobs. I see it asked all over people’s YouTube’s and IGs and I think it’s so rude 😂 especially when people then speculate, I think let them have some privacy about their personal life

Reactions: 5
Just seen a video of Claire Colvins horse trotting through the finish it’s certainly not sound! Also the jump over the last fence was a bit scary

Also she’s wearing spurs?

Also why is her hands up so high 😭 so many questions. The poor horse doesn't look right nor did she look fit enough and she's just entered another BE too.

Whilst I get why people are curious I find it so odd how nosy people can be about equestrian people’s jobs. I see it asked all over people’s YouTube’s and IGs and I think it’s so rude 😂 especially when people then speculate, I think let them have some privacy about their personal life

To be fair to her, she doesn’t have to tell people what she does especially not if it’s working for the police, whether she is an officer or a civilian member of staff.
So then why does she keep posting about her sleep patterns etc, people are going to want to question it.
She doesn’t need to advertise that part of her working life to IG…..

I found the first part of the lesson quite painful to watch. But they both definitely improved throughout, particularly once she was holding a stick… and it’s refreshing that during her debrief Emily acknowledges that she was probably trying too hard when she first got on.

It bothers me so much though that she never wears gloves. How are her hands not covered in blisters?!
Why would she get blisters? LOL

Derailing a little but best place to ask, where do you all prefer to look when horse hunting? As in what websites do you search on and rate? Thanks
Facebook and Horsequest are my go-tos at the moment but it really depends what you’re after!

Just watched the first part of EMDs recent vlog and I feel so sorry for that poor pony of hers. She is so overbent that she can’t go forward, its clear that Emily has no give with her hands to let her just go forward, that’s probably half the reason why she throws her head in the air and hollows out because of the wrong connection. Give the poor Addie a holiday and start again when she has had a break. Emily is expecting way too much out of her, and Addie clearly isn’t focusing on her work.

Reactions: 7
I just think plenty of people work shifts like that so its interesting to see how they do it all themselves on traditional yards in comparison to your normal 9-5’ers.

What we don’t need to know is what she’s actually doing, because if she does work as a call handler or something like that, she would probably get loads of people messaging for advice and she might not want to publicise, especially with her only starting this year.

Just watched the first part of EMDs recent vlog and I feel so sorry for that poor pony of hers. She is so overbent that she can’t go forward, its clear that Emily has no give with her hands to let her just go forward, that’s probably half the reason why she throws her head in the air and hollows out because of the wrong connection. Give the poor Addie a holiday and start again when she has had a break. Emily is expecting way too much out of her, and Addie clearly isn’t focusing on her work.
I agree!! Trying to run before she can walk, it’s not all about getting their head down, especially if you are doing it with your hands!! That was my only disappointment with Cameron is that he didn’t mention about how much Emily was fighting Addie with the contact when she did throw her head up for a quite a while. Guess he could have just been assessing the situation but yeh.. hence why I would have stopped at that as it seemed very intense experience for a baby.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.