Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People kept raving about her podcast so I listened and it was dreadful. I was expecting some amazing and knowledgable PR stuff but it was just basic common sense things and she speaks like everyone else is stupid and that she’s got this fantastic talent for marketing. Bizarre. Her interview technique is awful aswell. No idea how she’s seen to be such a major force.
She definitely has no talent more than the next person. I think people rave about her to try and get a slot speaking. Her interviewing technique is awful and she is no guru

basically common sense 🤷🏼‍♀️
Better marketing people out there by far!

Reactions: 2
WHW were called out to Peps as being overweight. WHW thought RTG was doing everything right
I actually do remember seeing that. WHW told her she needed to soak the horse's hay because she was overweight but they obviously didn't think the horse needed removing from her care.

she has to go SO fast to make the time which, if fit enough, its not an issue but it does look to be teeny bit uncontrollable and that could potentially be dangerous.
I like Johanna but I don't like watching her jump sometimes because it looks dangerously fast. Maybe I'm too used to steady away but Blondie seems to rocket everywhere at full whack

People kept raving about her podcast so I listened and it was dreadful. I was expecting some amazing and knowledgable PR stuff but it was just basic common sense things and she speaks like everyone else is stupid and that she’s got this fantastic talent for marketing. Bizarre. Her interview technique is awful aswell. No idea how she’s seen to be such a major force.
I find she's really good at being repetitive and talking her way around absolutely nothing whilst then pointing out the obvious as if it's something nobody has ever done or thought of before.

Reactions: 3
I follow a few Scottish “eventers” and it’s jaw dropping how fast they are putting their youngsters through the game. I’d understand more if you were a professional and aiming for age classes etc, but these guys call themselves amateurs. So what’s the rush? They have some lovely horses, but it’s very results driven already. And what winds me up more is that they only show the good stuff and gloss over or just don’t acknowledge any negatives. Sends a very poor message to anyone blindly following them.
I didn’t realise Clare’s horse was so young. I thought she was between 7-10! Huge workload for a baby 😢

Reactions: 3
I like Johanna but I don't like watching her jump sometimes because it looks dangerously fast. Maybe I'm too used to steady away but Blondie seems to rocket everywhere at full whack
[/QUOTE]

It doesn’t look like she even tries to slow down, just kicks and gets faster

I like the Scottish eventers, they look like a good fun lot. Is there anyone else which is Scottish and events which you follow? I’m always looking for new accounts

I like the Scottish eventers, they look like a good fun lot. Is there anyone else which is Scottish and events which you follow? I’m always looking for new accounts
[/QUOTE]

I really love Equiellis account

[/QUOTE]

Emma eventing Fendi I really like!

Emma eventing Fendi I really like!
[/QUOTE]
I’ll go and check out her page! Thank you

It’s a hard one as a lot of horses Addies age are doing more but I think she needs to forget competing her until autumn at the earliest and just train her and hack her lots to build up her strength.
Being honest I don't think Addie's the issue or the outings, it's Em. She's nervous on the mare and won't let her travel forward. At this stage that's all she needs to do. Forget outline or style. Put one hand on the neckstrap, leg on and stay out of the mares way!

Her constant pulling, holding her in and catching her in the mouth is knocking the mares confidence and causing the stops and rushes. She needs to ride the horse she has instead of riding it like it's older.

Reactions: 8
Now there’s an idea!! 🤣🤣

She should have definitely bought a more established horse. Let’s face it - she only sold Lola as she wasn’t going to get her to Badminton. I just couldn’t do it. I would have retired Sprite or found someone willing to hack her, done dressage on Lola and bought another now or later if I had all that land at home. I just couldn’t sell because the horse wasn’t “good enough”, not after having her all that time.
She probably sold her because she needed the money to buy something else.
Sprite should be retired, again I can’t watch the vlogs when she still competes Sprite and gallops her across the beaches. I think she is rushing Addie like someone said previously to get her to BE 90 and stay there for years.

Reactions: 4
I'm going to say something potentially controversial with regards to Emily and Addie, I feel like alot of her confidence issues have stemmed from her Fred Scala lessons, she seems to ride very differently post Cameron lesson than post Fred . That XC lesson with Fred you could see her getting more upset the more Fred shouted.
Also side note, Lucy's latest with the hunt relay has some of the worst riding I've seen in a while!

In all fairness to Emily, I think one of the reasons Sprite looks so good for her age is that she’s keeping her in work. She doesn’t actually do that much with her in reality and she does give her time off if she feels something isn’t quite right.
I genuinely think she’s done a good job so far with Addie, but she’s now at that crucial point where it can be tempting to ask a bit more and push a bit more because things are going well, when really backing off now and giving her a break might be the best thing. Shes a very genuine mare who really is answering every question asked and I hope Emily has the foresight to know when to stop and let her digest. I don’t think I would be wanting to take her to that H&C camp thing they are doing in a few weeks. I hope that’s not the thing that pushes Addie into saying no, because when a mare says no, it’s very difficult to get them to reconsider!

Reactions: 10
I'm going to say something potentially controversial with regards to Emily and Addie, I feel like alot of her confidence issues have stemmed from her Fred Scala lessons, she seems to ride very differently post Cameron lesson than post Fred . That XC lesson with Fred you could see her getting more upset the more Fred shouted.
Also side note, Lucy's latest with the hunt relay has some of the worst riding I've seen in a while!

Same with Tina! Her riding and banks way of going have changed a lot since focusing on Cameron’s way of training. And Cameron’s not making them cry!

Reactions: 7
In all fairness to Emily, I think one of the reasons Sprite looks so good for her age is that she’s keeping her in work. She doesn’t actually do that much with her in reality and she does give her time off if she feels something isn’t quite right.
I genuinely think she’s done a good job so far with Addie, but she’s now at that crucial point where it can be tempting to ask a bit more and push a bit more because things are going well, when really backing off now and giving her a break might be the best thing. Shes a very genuine mare who really is answering every question asked and I hope Emily has the foresight to know when to stop and let her digest. I don’t think I would be wanting to take her to that H&C camp thing they are doing in a few weeks. I hope that’s not the thing that pushes Addie into saying no, because when a mare says no, it’s very difficult to get them to reconsider!
Yes Sprite does look super for her age, but Emily needs to stop being selfish and let Sprite retire at the age she is and let her enjoy her retirement whilst she is still sound and well, she owes Emily nothing, Emily would just be riding her for her own enjoyment.
The same with Addie, give her a break now before she heads to H and C because that little horse will give her a run for her money of she doesn’t.

Reactions: 1
I’ve had a few lessons with Fred and I don’t rate him at all. I know a few people that have worked for him also won’t have a good thing to say about him.

Reactions: 1
She probably sold her because she needed the money to buy something else.
Sprite should be retired, again I can’t watch the vlogs when she still competes Sprite and gallops her across the beaches. I think she is rushing Addie like someone said previously to get her to BE 90 and stay there for years.
Not sure why Sprite needs retiring if she is fit and healthy. It’s not like she’s blasting round BE novice on rock solid ground.
Same with Tina! Her riding and banks way of going have changed a lot since focusing on Cameron’s way of training. And Cameron’s not making them cry!
I don’t think that fun ride did Addie and Em any favours tbh. I can’t really blame them if they are having confidence issues. Em will be feeding her nerves down to Addie. And it seems cross country is where they are having most issues. I think she needs to just chill out and do a bit of hacking with her and start cross country again when Cameron can give her a lesson. Does anyone know where swipe up kick on is being filmed this year? I know field farm have some nice little cross country jumps ideal for building their confidence back up.

Reactions: 6
Yes Sprite does look super for her age, but Emily needs to stop being selfish and let Sprite retire at the age she is and let her enjoy her retirement whilst she is still sound and well, she owes Emily nothing, Emily would just be riding her for her own enjoyment.
The same with Addie, give her a break now before she heads to H and C because that little horse will give her a run for her money of she doesn’t.
Sprite isn’t that old! Also, she is a pony, they go on and on!!
She looks good, she is sound and up for it, she is more likely to go down hill if she is plonked in a field and forced to retire.
Sometimes the weird opinions on here are, well, weird!!

Reactions: 18
Sprite isn’t that old! Also, she is a pony, they go on and on!!
She looks good, she is sound and up for it, she is more likely to go down hill if she is plonked in a field and forced to retire.
Sometimes the weird opinions on here are, well, weird!!
I agree. Often its the retiring completely that breaks horses. She’s keeping Sprite ticking over - she’s still sound and fit and it’s not as if Emily is really doing much with her at all. Mainly hacking and the odd jumping class/school/beach trip here and there. Maybe if she didn’t have Addie she would be doing more with her like she did between Lola and Addie. But I think Emily is experienced enough to know when to retire her. Sprite is looking amazing for her age and is a credit to Emily

Reactions: 10
You know how Emily is overdoing it with Addie...

I was wondering..what if this is why Lola never enjoyed jumping?? Emily trained her herself..and it's just curious with how she is handling youngsters. Might be completely off..but just made me think..

I’m afraid I disagree with you about Sprite. You often find with these athletic types who have always been in work that if you retire them suddenly, the wheels fall off. Far better in my opinion to do what Emily is doing and continue with light work. The horse is enjoying it, looks fit and well. I genuinely don’t see why she needs to retire her.
If she was blasting her around ODE week in and week out then fair enough, but she’s not.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.