Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought the same tbh.... She keeps saying she's unbalanced but I'm just not sure. She's a lovely, honest little horse though.
I’m glad I’m not the only one without thought this. Surely her fiends will see it too? I’m hoping she gives her some time off soon as she has been doing quite a lot recently

Reactions: 1
I think the issue is when your account is smaller your audience is obviously smaller and therefor more positive and I can imagine it would very enjoyable to make content and people enjoy it as it's a smaller community and I think that's where jess loved it. As soon as you get a bigger following it opens a can of worms and I feel poor Jess is one of these people who have loved making content and are good at it but can't withstand the heat that larger audiences give. I like her content as do a lot of people as she is very likeable and relatable and her audience has grown because of those things and it does seem unfair that she can't enjoy it anymore because of negative comments. I myself would not be able to not read things about me if it was posted somewhere so for people to say "just don't read it then" I think are being quite silly. I think she's got balls of steel for putting her journey out there with a new horse and pretty big condifence issues. Most people, myself included, wouldn't be able to post these things without fear of judgement and I think she needs to stop being so hard of herself and give herself more credit. She's showing real life juggling parenting/working/horses which is what the majority of people here do day in day out not like the "influencers" who have everything thrown at them.
She is very good at content but is all of this worth her mental health. Seems she’s risking a lot for what? Freebies and some recognition from the other horsey “influencers”. Now I’m not saying she’s a Tina (fake adds and promoting her freebies) but I’m pretty sure those boxes from country and stable come in handy and the free saddles.

I get she is trying to inspire people by showing her struggles with confidence but as the saying goes if you can’t take the heat then get out of the kitchen. I just think she needs to take a proper break and see does she really need this in her life at the moment when she has so much else going on.

Reactions: 6
I’m glad I’m not the only one without thought this. Surely her fiends will see it too? I’m hoping she gives her some time off soon as she has been doing quite a lot recently
I'm not sure. Take RTG for instance.... Would any of her friends do the kind thing and speak to her about her horses weight? Does it just go in one ear and out the other when you are trying to grow an account? I do agree she's done a lot of late too. She had a brief holiday before but I remember thinking it didn't last very long and was only brought back into work because a project horse over the winter sale fell through.

She is very good at content but is all of this worth her mental health. Seems she’s risking a lot for what? Freebies and some recognition from the other horsey “influencers”. Now I’m not saying she’s a Tina (fake adds and promoting her freebies) but I’m pretty sure those boxes from country and stable come in handy and the free saddles.

I get she is trying to inspire people by showing her struggles with confidence but as the saying goes if you can’t take the heat then get out of the kitchen. I just think she needs to take a proper break and see does she really need this in her life at the moment when she has so much else going on.
I guess its much harder for her now she has a kid. Any free time she had previously is now gone

I guess its much harder for her now she has a kid. Any free time she had previously is now gone
I don’t think it’s to do with free time. I think her confidence is at absolute rock bottom and it’s not going to improve while trying to be a horsey influencer. All those comments are taking their toll on her and I suppose you would have to think is it all worth it.

I think the issue is when your account is smaller your audience is obviously smaller and therefor more positive and I can imagine it would very enjoyable to make content and people enjoy it as it's a smaller community and I think that's where jess loved it. As soon as you get a bigger following it opens a can of worms and I feel poor Jess is one of these people who have loved making content and are good at it but can't withstand the heat that larger audiences give. I like her content as do a lot of people as she is very likeable and relatable and her audience has grown because of those things and it does seem unfair that she can't enjoy it anymore because of negative comments. I myself would not be able to not read things about me if it was posted somewhere so for people to say "just don't read it then" I think are being quite silly. I think she's got balls of steel for putting her journey out there with a new horse and pretty big condifence issues. Most people, myself included, wouldn't be able to post these things without fear of judgement and I think she needs to stop being so hard of herself and give herself more credit. She's showing real life juggling parenting/working/horses which is what the majority of people here do day in day out not like the "influencers" who have everything thrown at them.
This is so true! I think she creates content for positive reactions, to make her self feel better and when she gets negative comments, it hits her like a ton of bricks. I like Jess, and to get back on a horse having confidence issues is such a major positive. She just needs to get rid of her social media and concentrate on her family and horse. To me, she comes across really confident, as a timid person would definitely not be on IG stories and YT in front of a camera. Not everyone blabs about there mental state to the world, family ok, but not to the world, she could be doing this also for attention.
Tina carries on in front of the camera to get attention when she’s upset, like why do it in front of the world, it’s plain attention seeking, they have there close family for this.

Reactions: 6
This is so true! I think she creates content for positive reactions, to make her self feel better and when she gets negative comments, it hits her like a ton of bricks. I like Jess, and to get back on a horse having confidence issues is such a major positive. She just needs to get rid of her social media and concentrate on her family and horse. To me, she comes across really confident, as a timid person would definitely not be on IG stories and YT in front of a camera. Not everyone blabs about there mental state to the world, family ok, but not to the world, she could be doing this also for attention.
Tina carries on in front of the camera to get attention when she’s upset, like why do it in front of the world, it’s plain attention seeking, they have there close family for this.
Jess and the pity party as usual. She is a very confident person who plays on it for attention. You know my views. If you want to take a break do it, you don’t have to publicise it beforehand.

So that's Addie been doing a hunter trial as well according to Tina's vlog...the horse is getting alot thrown at her...

Sad about blue dog...
I think this is the one where she had to walk off the course. Horse is trying to say she needs a break. Mentally this is a lot for a baby

full respect for Tina and her most recent vlog. That must have been hard to do.

Reactions: 3
I don’t think it’s to do with free time. I think her confidence is at absolute rock bottom and it’s not going to improve while trying to be a horsey influencer. All those comments are taking their toll on her and I suppose you would have to think is it all worth it.
I meant in aspects of the work life balance. Before I expect her free time would have gone into making content. She cannot do everything and she needs to decide if she wants to do social media or stay away from it and watch her kid grow up.

LOTB doing her usual posts about how negatively is getting her down how she struggles with confidence & she has anxiety.
next thing she will be posting a reel of her swinging her hair in slow motion to some uplifting music & saying how she won’t let haters get her down & shes proud of how she is always not staying in her comfort zone. Yawn. But should get her to 15,000 followers.
wjen Jess just posts without trying to get sympathy s shes brilliant her riding is improving everytime she puts something up & I love she’sdoing So well with Jim.

Reactions: 5
Jess and the pity party as usual. She is a very confident person who plays on it for attention. You know my views. If you want to take a break do it, you don’t have to publicise it beforehand.

I think this is the one where she had to walk off the course. Horse is trying to say she needs a break. Mentally this is a lot for a baby

full respect for Tina and her most recent vlog. That must have been hard to do.
Is Tina’s recent vlog worth watching? Yes definitely with you on Addie, I’ve lost all respect for Emily and her channel for that reason, she’s being so unfair to her.

Reactions: 2
I hope Jess finds a balance that suits her

I think being a small influencer is tough you can see what might be in terms of gifted items and sponsors but you’re not large enough to have a paid SM manager so you can have some distance

I couldn’t do it my skin is too thin but I also think if you sup with the Devil that is SM you need a long spoon

Is Tina’s recent vlog worth watching? Yes definitely with you on Addie, I’ve lost all respect for Emily and her channel for that reason, she’s being so unfair to her.
It’s a hard one as a lot of horses Addies age are doing more but I think she needs to forget competing her until autumn at the earliest and just train her and hack her lots to build up her strength.

Reactions: 4
It’s a hard one as a lot of horses Addies age are doing more but I think she needs to forget competing her until autumn at the earliest and just train her and hack her lots to build up her strength.
Definitely. However Addie is having some teething issues like babies do and clearly needs a break, this horse is saying No and her rider isn’t listening. Some babies cope with work a lot better than others.

I thought it was alright, nice to see Cameron schooling, but lesson vlogs are my favourite as I learn from watching others.

she still seems very immature and babyish not a bad thing all horses are different but no point trying to push a horse past it’s comfort zone so young

Reactions: 4
I hope Jess finds a balance that suits her

I think being a small influencer is tough you can see what might be in terms of gifted items and sponsors but you’re not large enough to have a paid SM manager so you can have some distance

I couldn’t do it my skin is too thin but I also think if you sup with the Devil that is SM you need a long spoon
Me too. One week she’s boss witch next week down In the dumps.

Take RTG for instance.... Would any of her friends do the kind thing and speak to her about her horses weight?
She seems like the type who'd call them bullies for pointing it out. Claire is definitely more likely to take it onboard.

Yes definitely with you on Addie, I’ve lost all respect for Emily and her channel for that reason, she’s being so unfair to her.
If she wanted to be out competing every weekend she should have bought something more established. Even just a 5 year old (at the time of purchasing) would have had a year on Addie and would be more ready for everything Emily is trying to throw at her.

Definitely. However Addie is having some teething issues like babies do and clearly needs a break, this horse is saying No and her rider isn’t listening. Some babies cope with work a lot better than others.
I don’t think no facility's helps her as she’s probably using competitions for stuff she should be doing at home.

Anyone else following Jemma & Taya? She took a month off socials to assess the situation with her horse after a bad hunter trial & came to the conclusion she’s been trying to do too much. Admitted there was pressure from social media to be out doing things every weekend and was pushing taya when she should’ve just been having fun. Really rated her honest approach & the fact she’s willing to admit that she was doing too much - a few of the bigger influencers could learn a thing or two.

Reactions: 8
Anyone else following Jemma & Taya? She took a month off socials to assess the situation with her horse after a bad hunter trial & came to the conclusion she’s been trying to do too much. Admitted there was pressure from social media to be out doing things every weekend and was pushing taya when she should’ve just been having fun. Really rated her honest approach & the fact she’s willing to admit that she was doing too much - a few of the bigger influencers could learn a thing or two.
THIS is the sort of thing we need to see more often! I follow a few small accounts with young horses (4/5) and almost all of them are just hacking and doing a bit of schooling, no mention of competitions at all.

One of them has turned the mare away for a few months...can't remember the name off the top of my head but done the basics and the mare seems to be blooming with the break

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.