Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I follow a few Scottish “eventers” and it’s jaw dropping how fast they are putting their youngsters through the game. I’d understand more if you were a professional and aiming for age classes etc, but these guys call themselves amateurs. So what’s the rush? They have some lovely horses, but it’s very results driven already. And what winds me up more is that they only show the good stuff and gloss over or just don’t acknowledge any negatives. Sends a very poor message to anyone blindly following them.

Reactions: 8
I follow a few Scottish “eventers” and it’s jaw dropping how fast they are putting their youngsters through the game. I’d understand more if you were a professional and aiming for age classes etc, but these guys call themselves amateurs. So what’s the rush? They have some lovely horses, but it’s very results driven already. And what winds me up more is that they only show the good stuff and gloss over or just don’t acknowledge any negatives. Sends a very poor message to anyone blindly following them.
This is the stuff that really grinds my gears tbh! I have a 5 year old and he is only now starting to do a bit more work and me to ask more of him. He's been mainly hacking and pottering around the school and a couple jumps here and there to give him some life experience and also because I intend to keep him for the rest of his life and I don't want him f*cked by the time he's 10 because he's done so much so young......

Reactions: 8
This is the stuff that really grinds my gears tbh! I have a 5 year old and he is only now starting to do a bit more work and me to ask more of him. He's been mainly hacking and pottering around the school and a couple jumps here and there to give him some life experience and also because I intend to keep him for the rest of his life and I don't want him f*cked by the time he's 10 because he's done so much so young......
As the age old saying goes… the less they do before 5 the more they will do after 15

Reactions: 10
I was thinking about applying for the All Star Academy too, I think we should all go for it

Reactions: 5
I was thinking about applying for the All Star Academy too, I think we should all go for it
Now there’s an idea!! 🤣🤣

Definitely. However Addie is having some teething issues like babies do and clearly needs a break, this horse is saying No and her rider isn’t listening. Some babies cope with work a lot better than others.
She should have definitely bought a more established horse. Let’s face it - she only sold Lola as she wasn’t going to get her to Badminton. I just couldn’t do it. I would have retired Sprite or found someone willing to hack her, done dressage on Lola and bought another now or later if I had all that land at home. I just couldn’t sell because the horse wasn’t “good enough”, not after having her all that time.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Does anyone else get the feeling Clare us trying to keep up with Johanna. Blondie is obviously older and has done a fair bit more than Jade. Clare seems a more nervous rider and I think being around Johanna pushes her a bit.
Agree Jade doesn't look right behind. And agree she is asking too much of a newly 5 year old.
Any idea how old Blondie is? She's a cracking little Welsh c. And Jade will be a lovely horse if she is given the time and rest 🤞

Reactions: 6
Anyone going to take one for the team and listen
I can’t stand Rhea Freeman either so it’s a definite no from me.
In the age of improved horse welfare, why are obese people who insist on riding horses being given a platform??

Reactions: 12
Now there’s an idea!! 🤣🤣

She should have definitely bought a more established horse. Let’s face it - she only sold Lola as she wasn’t going to get her to Badminton. I just couldn’t do it. I would have retired Sprite or found someone willing to hack her, done dressage on Lola and bought another now or later if I had all that land at home. I just couldn’t sell because the horse wasn’t “good enough”, not after having her all that time.
Its not always that easy though, horses cost a lot so you might need to sell one in order to buy another. I personally wouldn’t get into debt to buy a horse even if I had the land to have 3.

Reactions: 11
Listened to the RTG podcast. She basically said her favourite thing about doing social media is getting free tit from brands. She mentioned the comments about pepper being overweight and how she’s not too heavy for Pepper. Also said that she wants to do social media as her full time career. All in all I found filling my dishwasher more entertaining

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Listened to the RTG podcast. She basically said her favourite thing about doing social media is getting free tit from brands. She mentioned the comments about pepper being overweight and how she’s not too heavy for Pepper. Also said that she wants to do social media as her full time career. All in all I found filling my dishwasher more entertaining
Non of that is bullying though!! That horse is obese and it’s not healthy. And she is to heavy for Pepper all that is just basic bleeping welfare and if it’s classed as bullying god help any future horses.

Reactions: 10
It’s got to the stage with social media that people don’t understand that if you put yourself in the court of public opinion, you will get opinion, you cannot tarnish every opinion as bullying and wave the be nice flag, if your horse is overweight and you are over weight and your putting yourself on a public platform as a influencer then you will get called out on it as it isn’t something or someone that should be setting standard,
Influencers have a moral obligation to set a standard, their sponsors should also hold them to this, a lot of people watch their posts and their lives

Reactions: 17
F0F05474-DCA0-4AD4-B1AB-7076A94BCA4C.png

I wonder what the negative comments were?

In the age of improved horse welfare, why are obese people who insist on riding horses being given a platform??
She’s not IMO a very good host or at least I don’t think she’s doing a good job talking to RTG

WHW were called out to Peps as being overweight. WHW thought RTG was doing everything right

SM isn’t used to seeing plus sized riders and she’s asked professionals if she is too heavy and both vet and physio think it is ok

RTG now deletes and blocks

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Totally agree Rhea freeman is the worst. Massive superiority issues and think she knows it all.
waste of time also crappy podcast ,there are loads of better ones out there

Is Tina’s recent vlog worth watching? Yes definitely with you on Addie, I’ve lost all respect for Emily and her channel for that reason, she’s being so unfair to her.
I thought it was an OK watch. Cameron was on it riding and always very informative and brave of her for talking about the loss of her dog.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else get the feeling Clare us trying to keep up with Johanna. Blondie is obviously older and has done a fair bit more than Jade. Clare seems a more nervous rider and I think being around Johanna pushes her a bit.
Agree Jade doesn't look right behind. And agree she is asking too much of a newly 5 year old.
Any idea how old Blondie is? She's a cracking little Welsh c. And Jade will be a lovely horse if she is given the time and rest 🤞
I think so, I think the dynamic between the two of might change if they both start competing in the same classes against each other but I could be very wrong!
I seen Johanna has entered a BE90, I’m a little nervous for the speed she will need to go to get the optimum time. I worry incase that little pony puts in a stop one day and Johanna gets seriously hurt!

Reactions: 4
I really like Johanna and blondie and I do feel like Clare is chasing their success a wee bit. I know that they are best friends outwith horses but
I think so, I think the dynamic between the two of might change if they both start competing in the same classes against each other but I could be very wrong!
I seen Johanna has entered a BE90, I’m a little nervous for the speed she will need to go to get the optimum time. I worry incase that little pony puts in a stop one day and Johanna gets seriously hurt!
I *think* she done a BE90 before and had good success? I'd need to find the post. She does go very fast though, I know she's a pony and doesn't cover the same amount of ground at once like a bigger horse but she has to go SO fast to make the time which, if fit enough, its not an issue but it does look to be teeny bit uncontrollable and that could potentially be dangerous.
I find joanna comes across much more relatable and more likeable than what Clare does tbh and I feel that she comes across quite superficial. I actually cringed that she entered Blair last year on Jade and felt like it was only done so she can say she'd competed at Blair. Watching the vlog, it was a dreadful round and she just chucked the poor horse into the deep end. Blair is the goal for a lot of people but most people usually work up to that over time...... Not to start!!

Reactions: 2
I really like Johanna and blondie and I do feel like Clare is chasing their success a wee bit. I know that they are best friends outwith horses but

I *think* she done a BE90 before and had good success? I'd need to find the post. She does go very fast though, I know she's a pony and doesn't cover the same amount of ground at once like a bigger horse but she has to go SO fast to make the time which, if fit enough, its not an issue but it does look to be teeny bit uncontrollable and that could potentially be dangerous.
I find joanna comes across much more relatable and more likeable than what Clare does tbh and I feel that she comes across quite superficial. I actually cringed that she entered Blair last year on Jade and felt like it was only done so she can say she'd competed at Blair. Watching the vlog, it was a dreadful round and she just chucked the poor horse into the deep end. Blair is the goal for a lot of people but most people usually work up to that over time...... Not to start!!
I agree, I did not like that she took her to Blair and pushed her round the working hunter (taking nearly every pole with them) just to say they had competed there. Neither of them were ready for it

Reactions: 1
Totally agree Rhea freeman is the worst. Massive superiority issues and think she knows it all.
waste of time also crappy podcast ,there are loads of better ones out there
People kept raving about her podcast so I listened and it was dreadful. I was expecting some amazing and knowledgable PR stuff but it was just basic common sense things and she speaks like everyone else is stupid and that she’s got this fantastic talent for marketing. Bizarre. Her interview technique is awful aswell. No idea how she’s seen to be such a major force.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.