Equestrian Influencers #4 I’ve got 99 numnahs but my saddle doesn’t fit my bum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon it’s Erin. She made some comments about that type of influencer as opposed to the ones creating engaging content. I’d say Meg fell into the engaging content bracket.

Why do people follow Erin Williams?? She’s just a woman posing in tight clothes. Yawn.
Well according to people on this thread Erin is a lifestyle influencer 🤣 it’s literally a channel run by a narcissist who wants men to leave her sleazy comments

I think that type of content is very popular!!
It’s not popular, it’s just everywhere, like midges in Scotland

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I reckon it’s Erin. She made some comments about that type of influencer as opposed to the ones creating engaging content. I’d say Meg fell into the engaging content bracket.

Why do people follow Erin Williams?? She’s just a woman posing in tight clothes. Yawn.
I just had a look - that’s not a horse account, that’s just a woman posting pictures using a horse as a prop whilst wearing tight clothing or a bikini.
I shall continue not to follow that one!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So if you’re a big influencer getting a lot of gifted stuff does the value of the gift count as income for tax purposes? I assume it should as you’re being gifted it in exchange for exposure on your platforms? Anyone know ?
Tax accountant here ✨glamorous✨.

It’s actually quite a grey area, mainly cause it’s such a new form of earning money. If the influencer receives a freebie and posts in return then it could be deemed as a “barter transaction”. So they would be taxed on the deemed value of the freebie. So could technically have a tax bill when they haven’t actually received any cash. I have a feeling this very rarely happens though (I’ve never had an influencer as a client so not got any real life experience of this).

I imagine most will only declare their actual received cash.

Reactions: 6
Well according to people on this thread Erin is a lifestyle influencer 🤣 it’s literally a channel run by a narcissist who wants men to leave her sleazy comments

It’s not popular, it’s just everywhere, like midges in Scotland
Erin is also a person that moans when she gets male attention. Good for her making her name but she is definitely not an inspirational equestrian account !

Erin is also a person that moans when she gets male attention. Good for her making her name but she is definitely not an inspirational equestrian account !
She’s a waste of time 😂 Loves herself….. I certainly don’t and won’t ever be following her. Major attention seeker right there, what’s her aim of the game anyway?

Reactions: 3
She’s a waste of time 😂 Loves herself….. I certainly don’t and won’t ever be following her. Major attention seeker right there, what’s her aim of the game anyway?
I think it’s all marketing and the name of the social media game. I think we’re often very traditional in what we see to be appropriate in the equestrian community. Her social media is one huge marketing tactic (which works and makes her money). She clearly isn’t trying to be the cookie cutter equestrian girl and she is being successful with her goals. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea (I don’t follow her either) but I think often people forget social media and personalities are often just huge marketing campaigns for business!

In response to pitterpatter who commented on Tuesday is actually correct horses are herd animals and what we perceive as horses bullying each other or nipping is their way to show whose boss, horses in herds decide amongst themselves whose top horse and have a ranking system. To keep them isolated in seperate fields is not good for a horse they need to be kept together, the only time they should be seperated is if they've just had foals or if there's a stallion in amongst the females

I think that type of content is very popular!!
Probably mostly teenage

I don't follow her, she comes up on youtube sometimes I just ignore her videos, I think I watched one and it was like watching a budgie preen itself in a mirror. I dont know whose she supposed to aim her content at, teenage girls, teenage boys or grown men who don't want to pay for only fans.

Last edited:
  • Haha
anyone seen @canterrings new reel of her showjumping rounds from earlier in the week? not at all stylish:LOL: and why the baselayer? im guessing it was a very low level local event but she could probably still have made the effort to wear a shirt and a jacket? a baselayer seems too casual and too cross country to me🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 1
anyone seen @canterrings new reel of her showjumping rounds from earlier in the week? not at all stylish:LOL: and why the baselayer? im guessing it was a very low level local event but she could probably still have made the effort to wear a shirt and a jacket? a baselayer seems too casual and too cross country to me🤷‍♀️
I was always told doesn’t matter what you look like as long as you leave the fences up 🤷🏼‍♀️😂
At least she is having a go you comment is exactly what gives me anxiety about going to SJ comps. Far too judgemental on looks and what you wear

I was always told doesn’t matter what you look like as long as you leave the fences up 🤷🏼‍♀️😂
At least she is having a go you comment is exactly what gives me anxiety about going to SJ comps. Far too judgemental on looks and what you wear
I agree. It’s low level, it’s meant to be fun. Whilst I agree people should always make some kind of effort for a show, she did still look smart enough for that level

Reactions: 4
Looks more like she’s doing the clear round day not a competition. She has the show attire which she should have worn if competing as I thought there where rules as to what you could wear and I didn’t think navy base layers like that where I thought they where supposed to have light collars hence the dark competition shirts having a white collar. Now she didn’t look scruffy just not like she was competing.

COME ON!! It’s blue for the #plattyjoobs 😂

It was a themed show for Queenie’s celebrations so people were encouraged to wear red white and blue!

Reactions: 2

It was a themed show for Queenie’s celebrations so people were encouraged to wear red white and blue!
That makes more sense 😂 and now you day that I bet she looked smarter than some people there. At least her hair wasn’t all over the place.

That makes more sense 😂 and now you day that I bet she looked smarter than some people there. At least her hair wasn’t all over the place.

So it was for the Jubilee, but even then it could have be a no-stress casual dress down type show. There are quite a few places that do these types now as it's more about enjoying the sport and getting out than it being a fashion show. And she is in a dark base layer and light/white jods which is only the same colours roughly as if she was wearing a jacket so I think she still looks smart enough. She had fun and went clear which is great for her! She's worked really hard with all the lessons recently.

so RTG posted a vid of her on a shire, she looked so much better suited to that size and shape of horse, didn’t make you wince to watch and the horse held it self so much better than pepper with her on it, I hope she felt and noticed the difference

so RTG posted a vid of her on a shire, she looked so much better suited to that size and shape of horse, didn’t make you wince to watch and the horse held it self so much better than pepper with her on it, I hope she felt and noticed the difference
I can't see her posts but I can imagine it's much better for her. Is she viewing to buy or just borrowing a ride from someone?
Her social media break lasted all of two seconds though didn't it

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.