Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bridisi

Does anyone know what's happened at Bicton? No movement on the xc course on eventing scores for almost an hour now and the last horse on was eliminated at fence 5. Hoping its a tech issue rather than a nasty accident :-(

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
If my calculations are right, the best placing she will get is 3rd, but there’s still heaps obviously to go which may move her a little higher than this. 🤞🏼

GBNI

VIP Member
I’ve commented on the the thread saying she is being discussed here too so they might come over…
---
Someone is asking me for an invite code to here from there… do you know how I do that?!
Be careful as if they wreak havoc here I think you can get booted off for giving them a code to join!

Elliania

I've only ever interacted with Meg & Tina online (I sent Meg a small gift way way way back in the day) and she was so polite & nice in her response. Tina was as well but maybe came off as a bit more abrupt.

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Perhaps I am jumping to conclusions then! I just saw the ‘Symonds & Sampson’ sign and was like wtf… so that’s on me for sure!
Sorry I just edited my post before I saw you replied and think you are right. Unless they sponsored any other jumps? But it probably is the one.

Elliania

I just skipped to the end of Meg's Badminton video with Jam and it looked like there were only 6 her class and I assume 6 from the 100 as well; there definitely wasn't 20 horses in the prizegiving.

Alfie1234

VIP Member
While I don't quite understand wanting to meet them either, I wouldn't say they're not talented. Some clearly are.

Has anyone watched Alanna's arena eventing video? It was really well done and fun. Jensen is such a cool boy.
I mean not exactly 5*, Olympic level, I expect the majority of people on here ride at the same or probably above. Not including my old arthritic self of course, the best I could advise people on is how to cry to consultants secretaries to try and get your knee replacement sorted and the best walking stick to choose with a side line in menopause symptoms 🤣🤣🤣🤣
---
Also influencers are celebrities now for a lot of young people. You could just as equally say a lot of "traditional" celebs have never done anything special, but that doesn't stop people wanting to meet them. Fortunately it isn't mandatory so you don't need to if you don't see the appeal
I suppose so, I’ve just never been into celebrity culture anyway, people are just people. Influencer culture and the harm it does to people is a whole other level and I’m honestly really quite anti it, especially when it involves children.

greysandbays

It was Tina who said it wasn’t it? Or has Meg also posted something?

I do think what they are feeling is shock and upset, I wouldn’t call it grieving. I definitely feel shock and upset and seeing Jesse’s post was heartbreaking, but I can’t call it grieving as I didn’t know her personally. She was from my area and we have many mutual friends who are genuinely grieving.
Meg posted something with a link to riders mind, this was a couple of days ago now.

houdini

VIP Member
No she isn’t
Thanks for clarifying. I was reading some comments on megs latest video and some of them made it seem like she was a good friend of megs. I didn’t realise she was married to Jesse Campbell. I vaguely knew him in my teens as we were competing in the same classes

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
wow that's kind of crazy! I guess if she's interested in qualifying for the cotswold cup she maybe wants a better score but if it's unaff it wouldn't (I assume) get her qualifying places for BE regional finals which I assume would be her ultimate goal for the season
She has ended up 9th with 35 point something.

As much as I am happy for Lucy, she must of had a very very fair scoring judge to get a 23 dressage score! Especially for a horse that’s highly tense when ridden, but do these judges know these influencers or is it the real deal? But good on her for winning, she’d have to be so proud of herself.
I’m sure she said her dressage wasn’t great but she rode what she had. But if the judge marked everyone high then it’s fair. Or maybe the judge likes TBs