Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spearo11

The most worrying part of the whole children on social media thing is the adults that follow and encourage these accounts. Anyone that follows children's accounts seriously should have a word with themselves on if they think that's appropriate or not. Can understand if you have kids that like their content but anyone who follows or even interacts with these child accounts need to give their head a wobble. The people that are interacting with these accounts are enabling it all and making these things seem "normal". It's not normal. Not even slightly.

Reactions: 10

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Wilma isn’t a baby, but people often use the term to describe their younger horses. My 7 year old is known as ‘the baby’ at home.

I have no problem with Meg doing the 70 class. Why shouldn’t she? She is trying to build up hers and the mares confidence, the worse thing to do would be to overface Wilma at this stage. The girl has got to Badminton grassroots several times with home produced horses, she has a process that works for her and she’s following it.

Reactions: 10

Alfie1234

VIP Member
So better than to take duty of care out of the parent’s hands?

I’m not sure how everyone thinks vloggers are going to support themselves or make any money? They can’t be sponsored by non-horsey brands (wine, Yfood, Hello Fresh) and now they can’t be sponsered/gifted by horse brands either. Sounds like a no win.
---

Let’s be clear I in no way support featuring naked children in any manner. Hard stop.

That is not the case with Ivy and many others.
They’re exploiting their children’s privacy, Harlow has filmed inside her bedroom, no one should see the inside of a child’s bedroom except the child, their family and friends. Frankie has been filmed at her most vulnerable, family bloggers film their children asleep, awake, upset, happy, you know the layout of their homes, where they go to school, how they were potty trained, you name it they film it. they interact with their children through a camera. The children have no say in this whatsoever and it is exploitation.
---
So is everyone also drawing the line at watching any movies, tv shows, etc with children in them?
How is that remotely comparable to what Frankie’s “mother” does? Look up Ruby Franke, Daddy o Five, Dougherty Dozen, Not Enough Nelsons. Even the nations supposed sweetheart Stacey Solomon is shocking for exploiting her children’s lives, the last two were filmed exiting her vag and shown to the world. Awful.

Reactions: 9
Good old Charlotte. She's had a skin breakout, but she's just 'happy that she has a face'.
Why does she keep going on about "as a single woman" she loves wasting money? So it's OK to waste the man's money then? Sorry have I forgotten what decade I'm in?
She's a spoilt brat who is completely out of touch with her privilege anyway. She's completely arrogant and thinks too highly of herself. If I went on a date with her I'd be trying to escape through the toilet window.

• Haha
I went and had a nosey on Miri’s page as I stopped following her ages ago, and oh my goodness those are fat horses, and she’s advertising healthy weight advice 😂 There’s something very weird about Miri’s mentality and is the reason why I stopped following her as she was constantly trying to find something wrong with her horses, and missed how fat they looked.
I stopped followikg her when she started spoutimg all the vegan propaganda shit. Like have a fucking day off love you make money from horses, ride in leather boots and have leather tack. You cannot preach about being a vegan for the animals while earning money from animals and buying brand new leather products.

• Haha
  • Heart

Elliania

I understand the What Ifs as well. It's human nature; especially if it's something that would have been in your control like the time or making a rider error in the dressage. It's really really common to look back at something and think "If I'd done X instead of Y, would it have been different?" I don't think it's fair to criticise Tina too much for that especially being SO close, it wasn't like she had a pole or 20 penalties, it was 1 second. I can see that leaving a bit of a bitter taste mixed in with all the other emotions.
She has now put up a post praising Banks & saying she's not been posting much due to being overwhelmed, which I can completely understand. It must be a lot, especially with the recent breavement, the stress of knowing they'll be moving etc.

• Heart

hippolife

The hiring of children in the film and tv industry is very highly regulated to be fair. Things such as strict hours to work and emphasis on education every day they’re on set.

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
It seems like every influencer is receiving Henry James tack at the moment. I’ve used their products for years, before they were popular, because they are good quality. In my opinion giving it to loads of influencers is cheapening the brand.

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
Best she can do is 5th, she will be thrilled with a top 10 finish. I mean, that’s a cracking record Jam has. Three times to Badminton and three times in the top 10, both in the 90 and the 100. I know she won’t sell Jam but she could get a lot of money for her.

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
I just watched ELS’s Badminton vlog and can honestly say it’s probably the most I’ve enjoyed an equestrian vlog in a very long time.

She is just so honest, authentic and genuine. I love how she went there with her mum only and a handful of friends on the second day. She did all the ‘grooming’ and post-xc care and the love she has for her horses is so clear. Two poles down in the SJ and she still emphasised how happy she was with him - no frustration at all. Just wonderful viewing.

At the end, she said she wasn’t sure if she’d make it to the party as she would prefer to spend time with Donut which I think speaks volumes!

A true insoiration
The difference in her content this last week compared to Meg and Tina. She’s just as chuffed with Donut, and she has sung his praises, but in a very understated and unaffected way. She is streets ahead with her maturity compared to the others. I am looking forward to watching her vlog later.

Reactions: 8

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
Just watched Tina's latest vlog - had to skip through her deoderant #AD and intial waffle, but the stuff with Cam in it is really interesting. Lovely to hear his take on competing his two at Novice and he comes across very genuine and relatable, even with arriving late, he rode it very well all things considered. Thought the test on the bay (Bamba?) was lovely and a shame about the hi-jinks spook. Such a quiet rider. Was good to see another side of him, I thought he came across really well as a rider, having only ever seen footage before as a coach.
Do wish Tina wouldn't waffle so much though :giggle:

daledancer

From what I’ve gathered on Tina’s stories, the listening of the podcast has sent her emotional. But why would you show your emotional state on SM, as in crying? This comes across as attention seeking to me, yes I get the eventing world is all close but it just seems that Tina is making this emotional crying scene on SM about herself and grabbing the attention from it whilst she can. Does she want the world to feel sorry for her?
Yep. Attention seeking to the extreme. The eventing family are close knit but Tina and Banksy are not in the same stratosphere as Georgie and her husband.

The crying story flipped straight to the next story of her about to ride (I think) not sure of the gap between them but she was absolutely beaming and giggling. I struck me how completely unhinged she must be , the manic rollercoaster moods. No wonder Rob is hardly ever seen, I would stay away too

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Evie was so matter of fact over the dog. She had to take the long route as a result, but she hasn’t dwelled on it or thought ‘what if’.
What a class rider.

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member
That was one long dressage test of excuses, I was laughing by the end of it, shouldn’t have worn spurs, the warm up was on a slope, the lorry park was next door, there was a trailer rattling down the road, a bird tweeted, someone sneezed in the next county 🤣🤣🤣🤣. It was a perfectly adequate test, although I did note Meg repeatedly saying that it “looked nice” and that’s how she’s been training her and I’m really shocked, it’s all about pulling her head down into a picture and not riding her forward, reins were way too long and she was constantly fiddling. Interesting that Winnie still thinks leg means forwards and not away from. Didn’t watch any after that because it was so irritating watching her try to do stuff with Winnie on the ground and not tie her up.
Her excuse for Winnie’s bargy behaviour is because she is a home bred 😂

Like WTF?! No, it’s because you haven’t done the ground work with them to teach them manners 🤦🏻‍♀️