Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
without the time meg would’ve won
But if you erase all the other competitors errors out, Meg wouldn’t have won, because she was never in the lead.
All these riders have worked hard for these last few days, hats off to all of them! 🌸

Reactions: 15

Elliania

I don't think Wilma was established at eventing though. She'd been nicely schooled, jumped the arena cross country fences & had done some hunting. That doesn't mean she can go straight out at BE100 with a brand new rider after moving from Ireland to England, settling into a new home with new people and new horses.

Reactions: 14

Clariecakes

VIP Member
WOW! Hosting a meet and greet with an 8 year old is so very wrong. How the fuck can people think it’s a good idea. She should never have been on a public social media in the first place to gain the attention of enough people to host a meet and greet. The quicker that kids are banned from public social media the better.
I couldn’t agree more with everyday eventers, I didn’t see her original stories about it but I saw what she posted this morning and then the come back from horseware.
I don’t follow any of the children influencers, I really strongly disagree with it.
I strongly disagree with showing Children online full stop.
I also won’t follow the ‘run by mum’ accounts either.
Anywhere that children are plastered on social media, or the internet in general.
There are some seriously sick individuals in this world and the lurk online, I know, I’ve dealt with them.

daledancer

I found Tina's most recent stories gave Natalie Narc Vet Vibes - Please don't all come at me!! It was a bit me me me sobbing into the camera etc.

Yes - I understand losing Georgie is beyond devastating and has shaken a lot of people - but all these nothing influencers jumping on the grief bandwagon is somewhat sickening

littlelessbloom

It’s Han’s horse so she can do what she wants. It’s broken bones or worse waiting to happen. If she wants to take her life in her own hands that’s her choice.

But as I’ve said before. Speaks volumes that hobbit has told Meg not to get on Affie and Meg has listened. And I don’t think Meg has listened to her mum as such, I think they’ve both seen what she’s like and gone ‘no’. And she has ridden her before.

I think Han knows the mare isn’t right, she has to right? But she’s now featured her so publicly and anyone with half a brain can see the mare isn’t right.

She can’t sell her, that’s for sure. It’s a money pit with that horse and it’s one she’s dug herself.
I think I’ve said this before but I’m in a similar situation with my horse. She has been diagnosed with kissing spine, PSD and SI pain. All have been treated within the last 6 months - won’t know for certain if they’re actually any better until I’m back on. But I have outright said that if anything else breaks or if the treatment hasn’t worked, then I’m pts. Not because I’m heartless or a pony patter (as I have been called when saying that) but because a) I don’t have a bottomless pit of money b) I am not very mentally or emotionally strong and c) it’s not fair on my horse. I obviously love her dearly and I’ve probably spent less on her than Han’s spent on Affie but I also know when to say enough is enough. I am fully anticipating that the likelihood of her being here this time next year is slim, but I can’t keep her going if she isn’t happy. It’s a hard decision to make and I completely understand the thought process behind “just try this one thing” or the elation you get when they go well for one, two, however many days. But horses with bodies that are riddled with so much, especially at such a young age, really do deserve that kindness.

• Heart

spike987

I think Jam is very capable of going novice, the badminton track won’t be far off an easier novice like Aston. I think she should definitely consider it for next year, would be so lovely to see them achieve that together

Reactions: 13

whatsgoingonworld

Chatty Member
Did they buy this house or rent? It looks lovely! If they bought it, does anyone know the purchase price?
---

she should be bloody grateful she completed the day double clear and got home safe! Especially after a week of pure sadness in the Eventing world, it’s not all about you Tina!
I honestly can’t believe how much she’s gone on about it. I think it’s really arrogant. You’re up against a lot of worthy, strong combinations, so I’d be bloody delighted to finish anywhere near top ten in such a huge class. But then again, Tina isn’t a classy person, so I don’t know why I’m surprised by her reaction. She’s heaping a lot of pressure on herself for next year. And in a way I feel sad for her as clearly not getting the house photo has taken some joy away from what she actually achieved. But she had so many opportunities- not everyone has so much help from a 5* eventer and all the opportunities Tina gets. It feels like she’s forgotten where she started from!

Last edited:

tallgirl17

Surely as long as the judge marked consistently across the section, it doesn’t matter if they score low or high? Everyone could have been marked in the 40s, but as long as the marks were consistent then it wouldn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things?

Finding Lucy’s vlog so refreshing after the hours of badminton ones recently 😂

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
It’s like any hero worshipping I suppose. You get adults going to comi cons to meet an actor from their favourite TV show, people hanging around at stage doors for a chance to interact with the band/comedian.

Meg and the like have tapped into an audience (mostly, but not limited to, younger riders) who aspire to be like them. Most of us grew up with TV celebrities, this is just the new era.

I’m a bit (understatement) old for all that, but it’s easy to see why it happens. Of course they are no more talented than the person who won the 90 or 100, but people aren’t going to get excited watching people they don’t feel like they ‘know’. Meg has shared her journey and it makes people feel part of it.
If I rode my competition horses in a warm up ring with Meg, I can guarantee your eyes would mostly go to Meg, even if you don’t consider yourself a fan. Its an odd thing, psychology.

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
That horse of WW has been shouting for ages that she’s not right and not up to the job, but she’s been smacked and booted in the ribs for it.
No, people weren’t bullying you WW, they were genuinely worried for your lovely little horse.

Elliania

Bitch. She posted this

"I have removed my post following the recent update on the fall as it felt inappropriate. No words."

Then added "EDIT: this obviously isn’t/wasn’t me, and it’s not my place to spread the news, but there was the most completely devastating fatality in the Eventing world today. Just so people don’t keep asking if I’m ok…." You self-centered egotisitcal COW.

• Angry
  • Wow

whatsgoingonworld

Chatty Member
Apparently we are just shitty people who feel shitty about ourselves. No, whizzy Welsh, we don’t feel shitty. We could see your little mare was telling you in every which way she could that she was in some form of pain and discomfort and we spoke about it on here. You continued to laugh about pony club kicking the sides out of her and are now horrified that there was something wrong. We are not shitty!! You just don’t like what we are saying as usual!

Reactions: 12
I notice all of the established senior level riders commenting on the Jesse's statement keep it really simple and genuine, yet all of the performative grievers are leaving paragraphs of writing to get attention. It's the weirdest thing to witness.

On a seperate note Jesse's statement had me in pieces, what a lovely piece.

• Heart

unicorn fairy

VIP Member
Han's put out a ew vlog about why she's not taking Affie to a dressage test. She says it's because Affie is "physically comfortable" but for the last 2 months-6 weeks she's been very overwhelmed and overstimulated and has had trouble keeping all her feet on the ground. So Han's just hacking her out because she thinks taking her to a new place in a "spooky arena" is going to push Affie out of her comfort zone.
I’m sorry but that girl has absolutely no idea about her horses behaviour and why it’s doing what it is.

Bridisi

Horrible news about Georgie, what a sad day.

Re: Meg’s hands discussion (sorry to bring it up again :LOL:). There are totally arguments to say her riding is practical in the moment to get through the obstacle - just at all, and safely. I get that. But why does it matter so much that that pony goes through that puddle right that second? As seen in her training vlog from today when Winnie took a little moment to get into the water, she says something like ‘that was alright but would be 20 penalties though’. And then we see the result of that mentality in the clip at the competition where she ‘firmly’ insists that Winnie go through the water in a way that I agree with others looks uncomfortable. For the sake of 20 points - Meg obviously has an enormous pressure on her eventing career as it is so intrinsically tied to her actually career - but when that pressure comes down on an innocent animal who is resisting something out of fear, I don’t think it can be justified.

I think I’m too soft for the competition world, I plan to stop watching it too as it’s just not something I feel I can condone with viewership amongst all other influencer dodginess.
Definitely too soft. The way Meg did the water was fine.

The video of megs fall....looked horrifying. No wonder she has had confidence issues.
Unless you have had a bad fall I think it’s hard to understand a loss of confidence. I hate the feeling of riding to fast into a fence after a fall and believe Meg does to, hence pulling for a stride and wanting to get more strides in a distance.

Reactions: 11

mik05

Well, it was the 70cm class 🤦🏻‍♀️
Personally don’t see anything wrong with taking her in a 70. It’s obvious they’ve had some confidence set backs. Give her horse a confident run and hopefully small enough Meg doesn’t pull. It’s not always about height but the getting the partnership going well together.

Reactions: 11