Equestrian influencers #24 RWC doesn’t have a clue, she’s been riding since she shot out of the womb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching the presentation for the grassroots on badminton TV, it did make me sad that Meg had the biggest cheer, an even bigger cheer than the winners.

Reactions: 3
Watching the presentation for the grassroots on badminton TV, it did make me sad that Meg had the biggest cheer, an even bigger cheer than the winners.
Me too. We were at the trot up and my friend and I were literally saying the same thing. It also makes me really sad that in the other phases, especially show jumping, the crowd around the ring when Meg competed was huge and the cheer for her after was insane but as soon as she finished it dispersed and basically no one watched the person after her. Don’t get me wrong, I’d hate loads of people watching me if I was competing, but the person after Meg is just as worthy and talented.

I would also hate finishing cross country and have the cool my horse down fighting the huuuuuuge crowd that waits for Meg at the end.

Reactions: 4
Has anyone watched Alanna's arena eventing video? It was really well done and fun. Jensen is such a cool boy.
I enjoyed that too! Warts and all! And her first ever one day event vlog is well worth watching! Her mum better watch it or she'll quietly take Jensen over 😂

Reactions: 3
It’s like any hero worshipping I suppose. You get adults going to comi cons to meet an actor from their favourite TV show, people hanging around at stage doors for a chance to interact with the band/comedian.

Meg and the like have tapped into an audience (mostly, but not limited to, younger riders) who aspire to be like them. Most of us grew up with TV celebrities, this is just the new era.

I’m a bit (understatement) old for all that, but it’s easy to see why it happens. Of course they are no more talented than the person who won the 90 or 100, but people aren’t going to get excited watching people they don’t feel like they ‘know’. Meg has shared her journey and it makes people feel part of it.
If I rode my competition horses in a warm up ring with Meg, I can guarantee your eyes would mostly go to Meg, even if you don’t consider yourself a fan. Its an odd thing, psychology.

Reactions: 13
Tina's husband was there, he's in one of her pictures on her post/ story I think he's just a typical older man and probably doesn't like having the camera in his face all the time 😂

I'd love Tom Rowland to have a brilliant result too, I went to school with him and have trained eithh him since and he's lovely, works incredibly hard and is self made. Ros as always I'd love to win, bubby too! Can't wait to watch the xc in the cool after 2 days in the sun

What was on her comments? 😆
I can’t remember word for word now but someone had commented saying something along the lines of “I hate when people just do riding clips with music over” and Charlotte put a passive aggressive reply along the lines of “I’ve respected Jezz’s wishes to not have his voice recorded, if you want a lesson with him then book one” 😂 to be fair the first comment maybe wasn’t worded in the most constructive way but still…🙄😂
The video was so low effort and boring though, I’m not sure why she even bothered posting it

I can’t remember word for word now but someone had commented saying something along the lines of “I hate when people just do riding clips with music over” and Charlotte put a passive aggressive reply along the lines of “I’ve respected Jezz’s wishes to not have his voice recorded, if you want a lesson with him then book one” 😂 to be fair the first comment maybe wasn’t worded in the most constructive way but still…🙄😂
The video was so low effort and boring though, I’m not sure why she even bothered posting it
Because she need the attention of others 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
And they’re off! First on the course at Badminton, treated myself to the app this year as I can’t go. So many happy memories there over the years, remember walking round pregnant with my daughter who’s now 30! I’ve been sunburned, soaking wet, driven there, camped for the weekend, hid in the PR tent once, met Ian Stark and got a photo which I still have. Honestly one of the best days out ever, hopefully next year I’ll be fit enough to go and walk it. Fingers crossed for all the horses and competitors today, the weather is great and I imagine the going is really good.

Reactions: 4
Very tricky course, faults all over the place.
---
The frangible pins really coming into it today.

And they’re off! First on the course at Badminton, treated myself to the app this year as I can’t go. So many happy memories there over the years, remember walking round pregnant with my daughter who’s now 30! I’ve been sunburned, soaking wet, driven there, camped for the weekend, hid in the PR tent once, met Ian Stark and got a photo which I still have. Honestly one of the best days out ever, hopefully next year I’ll be fit enough to go and walk it. Fingers crossed for all the horses and competitors today, the weather is great and I imagine the going is really good.
I’ve been so many times in all sorts of weathers. Of course this year, when I can’t go, it’s beautiful weather.

Yep, it’s a tough course! There will be plenty of time penalties, time and runouts all day I think.
Bubby Upton not having an easy ride, I think the ground is really sucking the energy out of the horses..must be awful jumping this size of fence with nothing left in the tank.

Bubby Upton not having an easy ride, I think the ground is really sucking the energy out of the horses..must be awful jumping this size of fence with nothing left in the tank.
definitely sticky ground that’s not helping them out this year. So thrilled for Bubby that she has actually finished the cross country. Hopefully they will interview her in a bit. Also would love to hear from Zara who actually completed cross country! Each time I’ve seen class affair he has run out!
---
Tom Crisp with the best recovery so far! He was determined not to go swimming again 😂

Last edited:
Because for some reason I can't even begin to fathom, so many people watch her stuff which makes her money.

---
Tom Crisp with the best recovery so far! He was determined not to go swimming again 😂
That was EPIC!
I am loving Badminton TV - compared to both Clipmyhorse and H&C TV I think the quality and the reliability are super. I'm streaming from Ipad to big TV

Last edited:
Because for some reason I can't even begin to fathom, so many people watch her stuff which makes her money.

That was EPIC!
I am loving Badminton TV - compared to both Clipmyhorse and H&C TV I think the quality and the reliability are super. I'm streaming from Ipad to big TV
Don’t think my internet os good enough to stream badminton tv 😭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.