Equestrian influencers #23 Lots of horses looking obese, (in)Expert Bits need to cease.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So what are people thinking for the Olympic teams?
I am assuming eventing will be the 3 from Kentucky plus Laura C.
Dressage- same as last time šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Lottie, Carl, Charlotte and Gareth?
Show jumping- I donā€™t follow enough to have a clue, a Whitaker?
No Iā€™d say Ros Canter, Laura Collett, then third place is up for grabs between Tom, Yas, Oliver. Youā€™re only allowed 3 on a team.

Reactions: 3
Dressage- same as last time šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø Lottie, Carl, Charlotte and Gareth
The team will likely be Carl with Fame, Charlotte with Imhotep or possibly the mare, and Lotty Fry with Glamourdale but strangely he hasn't been competed in ages... so maybe Everdale (who I don't like, just as his son Imhotep...)
Gareth has not competed this year and Briolinca hasn't been out for even longer, I don't think he has any intention (or chance) to be the traveling reserve.

Iā€™d like to see Lewis Carrier and Becky Moody on the dressage team
Lewis does not have the international results needed

The traveling reserve spot (which is realistically all that is still available) will likely go to Becky Moody with Jagerbomb or Annabella Pidgley with Gio, quite possibly depending on what happens this weekend at the Nations Cup in Compiegne. There is a reason why Annabella decided not to defend her European YR title with Espe this year...

In other news, who else absolutely loved Alanna's vlog about her first ever ODE as a dressage rider on her mum's Jensen? What a fun vlog!

Last edited:
The team will likely be Carl with Fame, Charlotte with Imhotep or possibly the mare, and Lotty Fry with Glamourdale but strangely he hasn't been competed in ages... so maybe Everdale (who I don't like, just as his son Imhotep...)
Gareth has not competed this year and Briolinca hasn't been out for even longer, I don't think he has any intention (or chance) to be the traveling reserve.

Lewis does not have the international results needed

The traveling reserve spot (which is realistically all that is still available) will likely go to Becky Moody with Jagerbomb or Annabella Pidgley with Gio, quite possibly depending on what happens this weekend at the Nations Cup in Compiegne. There is a reason why Annabella decided not to defend her European YR title with Espe this year...

In other news, who else absolutely loved Alanna's vlog about her first ever ODE as a dressage rider on her mum's Jensen? What a fun vlog!
I think annabella Has shown she can compete internationally at European level, what did she do juniors? Young riders? But I donā€™t think her and Gio are quite there yet as a partnership. Becky has been out and consistent for a while now with Jaegerbomb. Out of those Iā€™d go for Becky.

Alanaā€™s vlog was good, sheā€™s funny and was clearly quite nervous. What I like about her is that if something is wrong itā€™s something she has to work on and if something goes right the horse was always such a good boy or such a good girl. She came across as really delighted in the end, Iā€™d like to see more eventing stuff from her but as someone else mentioned I enjoy her dressage stuff and the run through of the marks and comments in her tests. I hope she keeps that up.

Reactions: 1
Lottie has been getting so much bad press recently I do wonder if they will pick her
She will get picked, statistically she is the best GB rider there is at the moment. She can be the Oli Townsend of the dressage team šŸ˜¬
---
I just looked at the FEI dressage rankings:
Lottie is 3rd, CDJ is 5th, Becky 19th. But I canā€™t find Carl in the top 200?!

Last edited:
Enjoyed Holly's first vlog of her France/Belgium trip, lots of laughs, but seriously....the first 5 mins of what was packed into that 3.5t van, together with 2 sizeable horses and 2 people. There is no way that is within payload. Insane.

Reactions: 2
Enjoyed Holly's first vlog of her France/Belgium trip, lots of laughs, but seriously....the first 5 mins of what was packed into that 3.5t van, together with 2 sizeable horses and 2 people. There is no way that is within payload. Insane.
Yep just like Meg has previouslyā€¦ they all do it

Yes, Harlows mum spends a lot of weekends away with Harlow at shows. They dont have a dad thatā€™s involved so it probably is hard on Harlen to be at the grandparents all the time.

What do people think of Pandas round with Katie Green?
Just came on here to comment on Katieā€™s round with Panda. I wasnā€™t over impressed with her riding at all? I actually feel Harlow rides him better. Hard to comment when I donā€™t no what heā€™s like to ride but coming into the fences I felt Katie was sitting so far forward.
I will say though Harlow is an amazing little show rider. She looks fabulous on the bay show pony.

Speaking of olympics, what about the Australian eventer - Shane Rose? Recently had a nasty rotational fall. Severe concussion so can't remember what happened but broken bones everywhere šŸ«£ but he still intends to compete at Paris.
What a go-getter! I really hope his body heals up fast and well and he can do his country proud.

Speaking of olympics, what about the Australian eventer - Shane Rose? Recently had a nasty rotational fall. Severe concussion so can't remember what happened but broken bones everywhere šŸ«£ but he still intends to compete at Paris.
What a go-getter! I really hope his body heals up fast and well and he can do his country proud.
Was he the same one that got in trouble for the mankini?

Take one for the team and pay her a visit. See what sheā€™s really like šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
---

It will be interesting to see what happens at badminton. The Kentucky 3 have cemented their places on the list.
I know the selectors love Laura and London 52, but he hasnā€™t competed at 5* this year and there donā€™t seem to be any plans for him to? I know the Olympics is not a 5* track but itā€™ll be interesting to see if they are still selected based on last yearā€™s results? Donā€™t get me wrong I think theyā€™re an amazing combination but will just be interesting to see how the selectors pick.

I wonder if there will be any Badminton success last minute call ups too! Such incredible eventing talent for Team GB!

I know the selectors love Laura and London 52, but he hasnā€™t competed at 5* this year and there donā€™t seem to be any plans for him to? I know the Olympics is not a 5* track but itā€™ll be interesting to see if they are still selected based on last yearā€™s results? Donā€™t get me wrong I think theyā€™re an amazing combination but will just be interesting to see how the selectors pick.

I wonder if there will be any Badminton success last minute call ups too! Such incredible eventing talent for Team GB!
he has been competing and winning at 4* so I think they will be going off those and his previous 5* results. I think Tom Mcewen is aiming his previous Olympic ride, Toledo, for the Olympics too, not Dublin who he took to Kentucky.

Someone said further up they where going down the 4* route to qualify. But the sectors could send enough teams to claim all medals.

Has anyone else seen this Manor Elite Horseboxes competition for 2 people to receive a years sponsorship? Is this even genuine? I had a look at their website and itā€™s all still in template format and contact information says ā€œsomewhere in the ukā€ with a phone number of 12345 678910 šŸ˜‚

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.