Equestrian influencers #23 Lots of horses looking obese, (in)Expert Bits need to cease.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She said during the vlog the lorry was weighed at the ferry port would it have shown up then if it was overweight
They only weigh for distributing weight on the loading deck, they do not concern themselves with the legality of the weight. The lorry can't possibly have been under 3.5t.

Reactions: 3
They only weigh for distributing weight on the loading deck, they do not concern themselves with the legality of the weight. The lorry can't possibly have been under 3.5t.
How do you know they don’t concern themselves with legality of weight? The whole reason for a weigh bridge is to see if your in the correct weight load, you get fined if your not. I can’t see the loading decks ignoring the issue if lorries are overloaded, it doesn’t make any sense.

How do you know they don’t concern themselves with legality of weight? The whole reason for a weigh bridge is to see if your in the correct weight load, you get fined if your not. I can’t see the loading decks ignoring the issue if lorries are overloaded, it doesn’t make any sense.
But again, the ferry port can’t penalise holly for being overweight, they just don’t have the legality to. Yes they could refuse boarding but no fines/points/enforcement

But again, the ferry port can’t penalise holly for being overweight, they just don’t have the legality to. Yes they could refuse boarding but no fines/points/enforcement
Then it makes no sense to have a weigh bridge in a way…… I’m surprised they don’t enforce fines for being overweight.

I find Riding with Rhi too intense to click the follow button but I love her horse. Harley looks delightful. My cup of tea.

Reactions: 4
Sony A7 (would be one of the newer models)
Would be a 70-200 f2.8 G lens or however they brand their professional lens

Lens itself is £2k or thereabouts (I only know my Canon prices for the equivalent).
---

If it works for the horse....there's research done that shows a grackle can be better for a horses breathing specially on XC compared to a cavesson because of its design
I'm pretty sure there was some research floating around to say it's kinder as it doesn't pinch as many nerves?

Sort of off topic but equestrian related, Abi Lyle's ex partner/abuser Jonathon Creswell, how on earth did he have all these women sleeping with him and prepared to help him cover up a murder. One of the women is Rose De Montmorency a successful young event rider who's been based at Piggy's yard when out on bail. It's a small equestrian community there, people must of known about his abuse yet he was allowed to continue and supported after when out on bail.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Who is she?! I need to perv I mean research her lorry uses now :p:p
Holly Lenahan SJ - she lives at home with her parents and her lovely dad is very helpful with the horses as she spends part of the year out of the country. He's in a few vids on her channel. But her recent trip to Belgium one made me fancy her dad 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Then it makes no sense to have a weigh bridge in a way…… I’m surprised they don’t enforce fines for being overweight.
They would have had to book it on as the correct weight vehicle though surely, the ferry wouldn’t just let slide a vehicle being a tonne overweight from what they have booked and paid for. I assumed it was a 4.5t not 3.5t.

Sort of off topic but equestrian related, Abi Lyle's ex partner/abuser Jonathon Creswell, how on earth did he have all these women sleeping with him and prepared to help him cover up a murder. One of the women is Rose De Montmorency a successful young event rider who's been based at Piggy's yard when out on bail. It's a small equestrian community there, people must of known about his abuse yet he was allowed to continue and supported after when out on bail.

I just looked deeper into this case as I have never followed it before.

So he was married and had kids with Katie's sister but he was sleeping with Katie... anddd multiple other women who helped him cover up the murder?

What an awful awful man, it's very Epstein esqe!

I just looked deeper into this case as I have never followed it before.

So he was married and had kids with Katie's sister but he was sleeping with Katie... anddd multiple other women who helped him cover up the murder?

What an awful awful man, it's very Epstein esqe!
I ended up down a rabbit hole yesterday, the case seems very complex. Don't think married but living together and had 2 kids. The police say he was controlling Katie from around 9/10 year old, so I don't think it was a consensual relationship more like grooming and control. He had multiple women he was also sleeping with, including the 3 that either got rid of evidence or withheld information when questioned.

Katie was obviously scared of him, her last texts to her boyfriend were asking him not to tell Creswell they'd spent the night together.

He surely must of had a reputation, yet he was in the Grand National advert, was thrown a welcome home party after being released from prison from when he assaulted Abi. All the signs were there, yet he continually was able to carry on. Women who were meant to have been good friends, who carried her coffin then lied and helped him hide evidence. Rose, is still attending events as normal, whilst on bail for withholding information. It just all seems crazy, how did 1 men have this hold of so many people?!

How do you know they don’t concern themselves with legality of weight?
Not at the port. They just weigh everything that goes on the boat to then "pack" the ferry in a perfectly balanced way so it doesn't sink because all the weight is in one place. It's about loading the ferry, nothing else.

The whole reason for a weigh bridge is to see if your in the correct weight load
No, it's purely about the loading of the boat 100%. They don't check the paperwork at that step or anything

Then it makes no sense to have a weigh bridge in a way
Oh, I think preventing ferries from keeling over and reinacting the Titanic is a pretty convincing reason, no?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Meg is presenting horse & country's 'Mochara All-Star Academy' this year

Who sponsored the rubbish one last year? Does anyone remember?

I ended up down a rabbit hole yesterday, the case seems very complex. Don't think married but living together and had 2 kids. The police say he was controlling Katie from around 9/10 year old, so I don't think it was a consensual relationship more like grooming and control. He had multiple women he was also sleeping with, including the 3 that either got rid of evidence or withheld information when questioned.

Katie was obviously scared of him, her last texts to her boyfriend were asking him not to tell Creswell they'd spent the night together.

He surely must of had a reputation, yet he was in the Grand National advert, was thrown a welcome home party after being released from prison from when he assaulted Abi. All the signs were there, yet he continually was able to carry on. Women who were meant to have been good friends, who carried her coffin then lied and helped him hide evidence. Rose, is still attending events as normal, whilst on bail for withholding information. It just all seems crazy, how did 1 men have this hold of so many people?!

Gosh, poor poor girl! 😞

It sounds incredibly complex. Did the sister know what was going on?

Absolutely horrendous, and what a total coward for taking his own life before the family could get justice.

Reactions: 1
Gosh, poor poor girl! 😞

It sounds incredibly complex. Did the sister know what was going on?

Absolutely horrendous, and what a total coward for taking his own life before the family could get justice.
It sounds like the sister knew he was having relationships with other women, women she was friends with! In one of her statements she said to have seen Creswell in bed with her sister the morning she died. Who wakes up, sees their partner in bed with their sister and leaves to go to work as normal. Whilst having your own children in the house too. He was also sleeping with Rose. So that's 3 women in one house all having some form of relationship with the same man. A very odd set up! How Rose got a placement at Piggy's yard whilst on bail for helping a murderer is crazy too.

It must of also been local knowledge that he had some form of relationship with Katie, as the ex partner of Katie's new boyfriend tipped Creswell off they were together.

I can't get my head around how a whole community, family, friends knew what he was like but no one protected that poor young woman.

he has been competing and winning at 4* so I think they will be going off those and his previous 5* results. I think Tom Mcewen is aiming his previous Olympic ride, Toledo, for the Olympics too, not Dublin who he took to Kentucky.
Toledo was injured and likely won’t compete again. Kitty King has a good chance at a spot. Ollie is going for a grand slam which is why he’s at a 5* but the Olympic track is not 5* level, so good results at 4* will get spots. I imagine it’ll be Ros, Laura and Kitty.

It sounds like the sister knew he was having relationships with other women, women she was friends with! In one of her statements she said to have seen Creswell in bed with her sister the morning she died. Who wakes up, sees their partner in bed with their sister and leaves to go to work as normal. Whilst having your own children in the house too. He was also sleeping with Rose. So that's 3 women in one house all having some form of relationship with the same man. A very odd set up! How Rose got a placement at Piggy's yard whilst on bail for helping a murderer is crazy too.

It must of also been local knowledge that he had some form of relationship with Katie, as the ex partner of Katie's new boyfriend tipped Creswell off they were together.

I can't get my head around how a whole community, family, friends knew what he was like but no one protected that poor young woman.
Bloody awful ☹

I'm trying not to judge because I don't know the circumstances but why would the sister allow him to carry Katie's coffin and organise her funeral after she found him in bed with her little sister? Very dark...

Reactions: 1
Before Katie’s funeral he was the one posting all ove FB encouraging people to wear hunting gear to the funeral (people believed it had been suicide at this stage and didn’t realise his involvement)

• Sad
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.