Equestrian Influencers #21 Can you all vlogmas off now please?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meg crying'n'wailing = more views = more money.
Completely agree I think there is a degree of genuine fear but she’s cottoned onto the fact it makes her seem much more relatable and popular as do many of us can relate to loosing confidence.

Reactions: 1
Trauma from a fall can last forever. It’s built into us to avoid things that put us in danger.

I don’t doubt Meg is a nervous jumper, you can see that in her head everything about the approach has to be perfect. She panics and circles if not.
She’s very lucky to have an honest horse like Jam and she helps Meg out by basically instilling the confidence that she’ll get to the other side of whatever she puts her to.
But if you put her on a stopper, or something more unpredictable, I genuinely think she’d fall apart. Thats why it’s so important that Wilma continues to be the type who jumps whatever she is put to.

Reactions: 4
Trauma from a fall can last forever. It’s built into us to avoid things that put us in danger.

I don’t doubt Meg is a nervous jumper, you can see that in her head everything about the approach has to be perfect. She panics and circles if not.
She’s very lucky to have an honest horse like Jam and she helps Meg out by basically instilling the confidence that she’ll get to the other side of whatever she puts her to.
But if you put her on a stopper, or something more unpredictable, I genuinely think she’d fall apart. Thats why it’s so important that Wilma continues to be the type who jumps whatever she is put to.
This is why I can’t understand why she’s still wanting to produce young horses, it’s not the fact that she doesn’t know what she’s doing because she clearly does know, but it’s the fear that’s taking over her mind. I get that having her fall has taken an impact to her, but it stands out so much more now than it ever did. Yes Jam is such an honest mare, but Meg has made Jam hard mouthed and a puller. I can’t see Wilma and Winnie being so honest, and like you mentioned if they become stoppers then this will potentially bring Meg to falling apart. I honestly think Meg would make a fantastic dressage rider, instead of her fighting her fears going over a small jump.

Reactions: 7
This is why I can’t understand why she’s still wanting to produce young horses, it’s not the fact that she doesn’t know what she’s doing because she clearly does know, but it’s the fear that’s taking over her mind. I get that having her fall has taken an impact to her, but it stands out so much more now than it ever did. Yes Jam is such an honest mare, but Meg has made Jam hard mouthed and a puller. I can’t see Wilma and Winnie being so honest, and like you mentioned if they become stoppers then this will potentially bring Meg to falling apart. I honestly think Meg would make a fantastic dressage rider, instead of her fighting her fears going over a small jump.
I think being an influencer is making it worse for her, it’s all filmed and put online and any tiny mistake she makes will be scrutinised by many. And some comments will be vile. She needs more physiological help than riding lessons as she’s getting them and still pulling rather than pushing for a stride.

Reactions: 5
I think she's made massive progress this year! Just look at the reel she put on the other day of the start of 2023 vs the end. It takes time, but she's going in the right direction and making progress.

Couldn’t agree more, she has so many options that the average Joe wouldn’t have, send Winnie away to be
schooled over jumps, do dressage with Wilma for a year. Give her mind time to heal without the stress.

Couldn’t agree more, she has so many options that the average Joe wouldn’t have, send Winnie away to be
schooled over jumps, do dressage with Wilma for a year. Give her mind time to heal without the stress.
Agreed. I wonder if she won't do things like this because it's a less interesting or less inspirational story to follow for her followers, if she "gives up" and uses the resources she has (when regular watchers like I was are in fact just sick of seeing her yank her horses in the mouth constantly)

I have some pretty serious PTSD from a few falls that almost k!lled me and it took the longest time to even stand at the mounting block and not have a panic attack. I ended up buying a mare and retiring my gelding as I wasn't improving with him with all the trauma associated with riding him.
My mare is a stoppy mare and if she doesn't feel you committed 100% then she baulks and stops, even mid canter. It was scary at first, especially as my trauma response was to fold over. But she's actually helped improve my seat so much that it's affected my confidence and I have a laugh now. I'm very grateful to have a somewhat challenging horse but one who doesn't buck/bolt or rear.
Meg may be the same and may need time away from horses she has history with and focus on Wilma. The biggest thing for her will be having to let go and trust Wilma, which is what I had to do with my mare and it's terrifying, but she wont improve while she's still so tight, and Wilma will only decline if she's not a forgiving horse.

Reactions: 2
I have some pretty serious PTSD from a few falls that almost k!lled me and it took the longest time to even stand at the mounting block and not have a panic attack. I ended up buying a mare and retiring my gelding as I wasn't improving with him with all the trauma associated with riding him.
My mare is a stoppy mare and if she doesn't feel you committed 100% then she baulks and stops, even mid canter. It was scary at first, especially as my trauma response was to fold over. But she's actually helped improve my seat so much that it's affected my confidence and I have a laugh now. I'm very grateful to have a somewhat challenging horse but one who doesn't buck/bolt or rear.
Meg may be the same and may need time away from horses she has history with and focus on Wilma. The biggest thing for her will be having to let go and trust Wilma, which is what I had to do with my mare and it's terrifying, but she wont improve while she's still so tight, and Wilma will only decline if she's not a forgiving horse.
That’s very interesting and it would make some sense as to why she’s the way she is with Wilma compared to the others. I honestly don’t ever see her doing much with Winnie, she’s Jams foal and I think she’s scared of her. She isn’t scared of Jam but she’s lost her way with her big time, I’m going to hazard a guess that she’ll push through with her until Badminton and then put her in foal like she did DeeDee.

Just seen that ELS eventing has used the same song in her video that Tina uses a lot as her intro and outro song?! I know it’s not exclusively Tina’s song to use but just thought it a bit odd as it is associated a lot with her channel. 🤷🏻‍♀️ even weirder she has used it as her outro too! 😮

Last edited:
  • Haha
Just seen that ELS eventing has used the same song in her video that Tina uses a lot as her intro and outro song?! I know it’s not exclusively Tina’s song to use but just thought it a bit odd as it is associated a lot with her channel. 🤷🏻‍♀️ even weirder she has used it as her outro too! 😮
Maybe ELS doesn’t watch Tina’s channel and has no clue what music she uses.
Tina’s content doesn’t strike me as the type of stuff ELS would be interested in.

Reactions: 9
I wouldn’t have thought she would have had a massive amount of life savings as she’s not long brought a house
Just curious, as Meg mentioned in the vlog when Tine rode Wilma, that she spent her life savings on her, whether it was a sarcastic comment or she was being real. Would love to know what she did actually pay for her, if she was worth the money she paid.

Just curious, as Meg mentioned in the vlog when Tine rode Wilma, that she spent her life savings on her, whether it was a sarcastic comment or she was being real. Would love to know what she did actually pay for her, if she was worth the money she paid.
Ardeo didn’t laugh at my £12k budget when I contacted them for a grassroots eventer. They didn’t have anything big enough in for me, but took all my details to put on file to contact me when they do get something big in.

I’d love to say £10/12k but no idea how much Meg actually earns per year if the whole I spent my life savings on her is true. As it would be a few years of her saving money rather than since the day she started working which I assume is why she could buy a house. Loads of people would be able to afford a deposit if they are lucky enough to put a good amount of their earnings into savings rather than rent.

I'd be thinking eur10k-eur12k as a back load for wilma. Yes - I watch clifden and I know Connies with green books, broken and riding are 10k+ (up to 15k for duns, overheight etc etc) from sales ring. But wilma is none of that - and has very little done.
From what I'm seeing on irish horse (ie not pony) sales groups: trade for horses seems to have been slower since the autumn.

I would guess somewhere in the region of €15-20k as you will be paying for the Ardeo name....

Maybe ELS doesn’t watch Tina’s channel and has no clue what music she uses.
Tina’s content doesn’t strike me as the type of stuff ELS would be interested in.
I’ve watched Tina’s vlogs multiple times and have no clue what music she uses, it’s not like she’s a famous YouTuber. The one I do remember is Ashley’s, I love it because it’s so energetic and her clips suit it perfectly. I think she’s one of the best at putting together and editing, there’s never loads of waffle like the others have. Probably one of the few I look forward to watching, got to say I’ve got vlogs of all the others that I haven’t bothered to watch, although if Tina has vlogged her lesson with Olivia Towers yesterday I’ll watch that. Mind you she was irritating just in the clip, not listening and just talking talking talking. Olivia repeatedly told her to move him away and she just kept sitting there patting him, again, why have these lessons and not listen?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.