Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve seen it now, definitely think they are talking about Tina. As a previous instructor of BHS riding and road safety, they definitely need to be more aware of how they are behaving on the roads!
Hasn’t she fallen off Banksy while using her phone? She should know bloody better, even without off she’s old enough to know its’s dangerous, and just gives the rest of us a bad name. Definitely think they should call them out on it and if they don’t answer call them out on their vlogs on youtube.

Reactions: 2
I'm trying to cut down on the 'influencers' I follow and follow more smaller accounts that are just normal people like us. It just pisses me off too much watching their stories and every day they've got new stuff arriving from different companies. While most of us have to scrimp and save if we want new stuff for our horses.
Talking about F&F does anyone follow lifeintheyorkshirehills? I used to really like her account but now every post seems to be showing a f&f coat or a pair of boots! She has less than 2k followers so wouldn't really class her as an influencer either
I just hate when these smaller accounts, get bigger and then do exactly the same thing. It’s like they get to 5k followers and then it’s gifted stuff and weekly parcels.

Reactions: 3
I’ve seen it now, definitely think they are talking about Tina. As a previous instructor of BHS riding and road safety, they definitely need to be more aware of how they are behaving on the roads!
Yes agreed.

They will be making money out of the videos they make from this fun ride. They’re looked up to as “influencers” and with that comes a responsibility to act in a manner that their followers (often children) may be “influenced” by.

Hasn’t she fallen off Banksy while using her phone? She should know bloody better, even without off she’s old enough to know its’s dangerous, and just gives the rest of us a bad name. Definitely think they should call them out on it and if they don’t answer call them out on their vlogs on youtube.
They’ll just delete the comments and than spout off about being kind. You can’t call them out on anything.

Reactions: 6
Manic at work, can’t reply to comments but has got time to check every comment on here 😂 funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The Charlotte saga with the saddle continues! Why would you try on Prestige when they aren’t adjustable with bars when Vossi is constantly changing shape?? Am I just being stupid?
and she only tried 4 saddles? I thought this person she was going to have lots of brands to try?

They’ll just delete the comments and than spout off about being kind. You can’t call them out on anything.
You can’t possibly tell a “celebrity” at the end of the day saying something about someone doing somthing dangerous is not bullying. What if it wasn’t a horsey person that saw them? Who knows what they would have done to get them to move out of the way.

I struggle to keep track of the saddle situation but it does seem remarkably complicated. It sounds as though she has fully discounted monoflaps because of one time she put a saddle with a long girth on and he seemed happier? Could that have been that the saddle fitted better rather than the short vs long girth per se?

I do wish influencers recognised the position they are in with regards to being role models for people. Sure, they may not have chosen to be role models but they are, in the same way professional football players are for example. Responding to valid concerns with snarky messages and just repeatedly saying ‘but they aren’t diet drinks’ just shows a lack of insight. They may not be diet drinks, but the way they are perceived by the target audience may be different. It would be nice to see some appreciation of that rather than just saying ‘but they aren’t, so I’ll just carry on’

Bit off topic, but what are everyone’s opinions on @lily.equestrian? She’s been pretty controversial in the last 18 months or so.

I'm trying to cut down on the 'influencers' I follow and follow more smaller accounts that are just normal people like us. It just pisses me off too much watching their stories and every day they've got new stuff arriving from different companies. While most of us have to scrimp and save if we want new stuff for our horses.
Talking about F&F does anyone follow lifeintheyorkshirehills? I used to really like her account but now every post seems to be showing a f&f coat or a pair of boots! She has less than 2k followers so wouldn't really class her as an influencer either
Yes I follow her. Another small account I really like. I follow for the dogs and the Cobs. FairFax is her thing though, she’s about country style and that aesthetic suits her. She’s been wearing FairFax long before they started gifting her items. She has spent an absolute fortune on them so I’m happy she caught their attention. I really don’t have a problem with that, I reckon her followers are more their target audience unlike a lot of influencers. I don’t think she’s going the influencer route though, she’s just happy doing the Instagram thing. She has a giveaway for a bag running atm.

Manic at work, can’t reply to comments but has got time to check every comment on here 😂 funny.
We’ve been told 😂😂😂. It’s not the phone in hand that bothered me it’s the complete disregard for what is happening around them. If your so engrossed in your phone you don’t know a car is behind you (I think that’s what the chit chat post meant) then you really shouldn’t be riding on the road wheter it’s a quiet stewarded crossing or not.

Reactions: 5
Bit off topic, but what are everyone’s opinions on @lily.equestrian? She’s been pretty controversial in the last 18 months or so.
Is she ? She just came up as a suggested video for her yard move

Loving Miri Hackett she’s just posted a new YouTube

I go through phases with her. Sometimes I think she’s okay and other times her attitude absolutely stinks. She seems to adopt a holier than thou attitude when she does q&as

That is sad. I’ve been removed from those circles for a while but I was based at Roberts for a while when he was in Holland and Chloe was there, she was a really sweet girl, albeit being very young.
Yeah it’s a real shame . She’s a good kid ,it’s very sad to see her dad choose a partner over his daughter too .

Is she ? She just came up as a suggested video for her yard move

Loving Miri Hackett she’s just posted a new YouTube
Yeah, her choices regarding horse care, and how she’s managed vet issues in the past have shown her true colours in my opinion. She also has been pretty controversial socially, making some pretty dark jokes regarding American gun laws. She also couldn’t follow covid restrictions for the life of her!

• Sad
She is so full of it. Another know it all, talking utter nonsense most of the time. I really do not understand how she has such a large following. It’s one thing to be proud of your achievements but she really goes on and on about her business and how wonderful she is. She’s 20 years old, she has a lot to learn. Ruth is always sucking up to her 🙄

I thought that vlog was disgraceful. Unsafe on so many levels. Obstructing roads when car/horses on the roads is already unsafe and a tenuous relationship at best, for photos/videos

And if your horse can't behave properly when out stick to smaller training rides until they are. I felt for Emily having to lead on a youngster while banksy was messing and running up her ass. She's lucky the mare didn't split him a kick. I really felt for em, I've been there and I'd have told her to either kick on and lead or go away if I wanted to lead.

Horse swapping on a public ride for views which is unsafe when one horse is misbehaving and you don't know the other well enough. To top it off, predictably, falling off and putting people in danger from loose horses when the situation was totally unavoidable.

All in all, I'm sorry but a really horrible, entitled mess of a ride for the views while putting others in potential danger. Put the camera away and ride the bloody horse and behave appropriately as an "influencer" ltd not just the views that count but your image off camera and she didn't put equestrians in a good light at all.

Ok rant over but I'm really ticked off.

Reactions: 18
Yeah, her choices regarding horse care, and how she’s managed vet issues in the past have shown her true colours in my opinion. She also has been pretty controversial socially, making some pretty dark jokes regarding American gun laws. She also couldn’t follow covid restrictions for the life of her!
What has she done re horse care? As far as I’ve seen she has spent out quite a bit of money on the coloured getting him healthy who came to her with a few issues. I was interested in that particularly as I also have a horse with navicular and she seems to be very careful with him.

I thought that vlog was disgraceful. Unsafe on so many levels. Obstructing roads when car/horses on the roads is already unsafe and a tenuous relationship at best, for photos/videos

And if your horse can't behave properly when out stick to smaller training rides until they are. I felt for Emily having to lead on a youngster while banksy was messing and running up her ass. She's lucky the mare didn't split him a kick. I really felt for em, I've been there and I'd have told her to either kick on and lead or go away if I wanted to lead.

Horse swapping on a public ride for views which is unsafe when one horse is misbehaving and you don't know the other well enough. To top it off, predictably, falling off and putting people in danger from loose horses when the situation was totally unavoidable.

All in all, I'm sorry but a really horrible, entitled mess of a ride for the views while putting others in potential danger. Put the camera away and ride the bloody horse and behave appropriately as an "influencer" ltd not just the views that count but your image off camera and she didn't put equestrians in a good light at all.

Ok rant over but I'm really ticked off.
Not even watched but it wouldn’t surprise me if she was letting Banksy piss about by winding him up for views. Mine is a twit in a situation like that especially if I wind her up by not letting her go.

She is so full of it. Another know it all, talking utter nonsense most of the time. I really do not understand how she has such a large following. It’s one thing to be proud of your achievements but she really goes on and on about her business and how wonderful she is. She’s 20 years old, she has a lot to learn. Ruth is always sucking up to her 🙄
I just looked and I can only see her talk about her business on her page once when she announced she moved. I’ve followed her for a few years now, not paying overly close attention but I have always enjoyed her content and watching her produce young horses, I became more interested when she spoke about navicular due to my horse also getting diagnosed with it recently. She seems to know what she’s doing enough yet also fully acknowledge she’s still an amateur. I’d be proud too if I were her, I don’t come from a horsey family either and it’s refreshing to see an ‘influencer’ that’s actually had to work for what they have and not rely on parents money.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.