Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is Meg watching here? Is it just for content, the whole pity party, oh feel sorry for me I’m on Tattle? She was on it so quick. The topic only started yesterday. She gets a lot more than free saddle pads. Her equipment is used for her job so she’s claiming the VAT back on it. Completely unnecessary post.
It wasn’t even necessarily aimed at her. It was just a generalised comment. But that post comes across as a bit of a dick move. Oh look at me with all my expensive kit. Erm yes love all the kit you need for work, I don’t see people bragging about their vans to deliver our parcels or diggers to built menages for us lot or warehouses to store what they are selling. Not sure if volitaire pay her or not but their saddles are thousands to buy so she probably has 15/20k of equipment for them if she has jump saddles for Jam, Dee Dee and Dora. And I’m sure she has at least one dressage saddle and I expect girths and bridles from them. So I should hope she has good equipment to make good quality videos to advertise their products because poor video shot on a old iPhone 7 just won’t be giving Voltaire back what they are offering Meg.

Reactions: 6
I can’t even believe her response, as people actually didn’t say anything bad about her. They were praising Meg as she comes across as professional with her ads. But, she’s now confirmed what everyone was thinking, she’s obviously doing alright out of the influencing life, as she can afford 10k in equipment… she doesn’t just get gifted saddle pads does she.

Reactions: 13
I can’t even believe her response, as people actually didn’t say anything bad about her. They were praising Meg as she comes across as professional with her ads. But, she’s now confirmed what everyone was thinking, she’s obviously doing alright out of the influencing life, as she can afford 10k in equipment… she doesn’t just get gifted saddle pads does she.
She gets them gifted alongside the saddles 😂

• Haha
Well she can’t be doing too bad, she bought a house ffs!
i can’t afford the deposit for a house alongside running 2 horses and a car.
I’d consider myself ti have a pretty reasonable job/secure income too!
Little bit of a pitty party going on there I think.

There is also no way in the world I’d want to be a instagrammer of any sort, my little account of just over 1k followers is plenty for me, absolutely no jealousy here!
Never been given so much a single horse treat!

Reactions: 5
Meg 🙄

She’s one of the worst in my option, was stroppy about ever vlogging with anything other than her iPhone for ages, and now wants to show off her expensive kit.

Also she wouldn’t answer able to do this job or have ever got there without her parents completely supporting her, which is wonderful for her, but somewhat grating to watch when she’s then so childish about things. Her mum literally looked after all horses while she was at uni so she could come back in the holidays and ride, which is when she went to badminton and actually starting vlogging. Her parents own the yard and as far as I’m aware all of her *her* horses (with perhaps an exception being the recent auction horses where they went thirds with another lady).

Tina would be better just to ignore comments of here or maybe just take it as realising how some people do feel. If some people are writing it, more are thinking it…

Reactions: 9
Meg 🙄

She’s one of the worst in my option, was stroppy about ever vlogging with anything other than her iPhone for ages, and now wants to show off her expensive kit.

Also she wouldn’t answer able to do this job or have ever got there without her parents completely supporting her, which is wonderful for her, but somewhat grating to watch when she’s then so childish about things. Her mum literally looked after all horses while she was at uni so she could come back in the holidays and ride, which is when she went to badminton and actually starting vlogging. Her parents own the yard and as far as I’m aware all of her *her* horses (with perhaps an exception being the recent auction horses where they went thirds with another lady).

Tina would be better just to ignore comments of here or maybe just take it as realising how some people do feel. If some people are writing it, more are thinking it…
She’s the bloody reason I’m here, she mentioned it so I a nosey and joined 😂😂. Should have kept her big mouth shut about it as I can’t be the only person that came her because of her.

• Haha
She’s the bloody reason I’m here, she mentioned it so I a nosey and joined 😂😂. Should have kept her big mouth shut about it as I can’t be the only person that came her because of her.
😂😂😂

It was Tina who bought me here, then fell down other rabbit holes 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m glad everyone else thought her story was off the mark, I really like Meg but that story just seemed very out of touch 😫 we have people picking between eating or heating at the moment and she doesn’t like that people are saying her job is privileged 🤣 why do influencers not like saying they are lucky???

Reactions: 13
I’m glad everyone else thought her story was off the mark, I really like Meg but that story just seemed very out of touch 😫 we have people picking between eating or heating at the moment and she doesn’t like that people are saying her job is privileged 🤣 why do influencers not like saying they are lucky???
I think they still want to be "one of us" they're always trying to claim they're just a normal everyday equestrian like the rest of us as we're the market.

Reactions: 5
Because they work REALLLLLLLY hard you know (like the rest of us) 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This is it, as far as I saw everyone was defending Meg because she has made this her full time job and has worked hard for her sponsors. So it feels like not only a jab at the people who defended her but anyone else who supports her. Eeeek as Tina would say.. but not how she would say it. lol

Reactions: 4
This seems a bit unnecessary and I don’t understand the correlation? I have 10k worth of equipment in my bag and people are jealous of influencers getting free saddle pads. Should we also be jealous that you have the disposable income to spend 10k on equipment? 🤣
Agree this is the most privileged and boastful thing ever from Megan
well done you have purchased 10k equipment that you will write off against your tax anyway and be thankful you have 10k spare to spend on these things.
i like Meg but this job has gone to her head. The people that make you can also break you. Look at the other you tubers that have shown this to be true

be careful or you will loose your fan base that is paying for this indulgent lifestyle

Being influencer is hard work are also words that should never be in the same sentence. Get a grip.

Reactions: 10
I see Harlow is having a nice time in Dubai. To be fair to the girl she has earned it shilling stuff on behalf of her mother.

Reactions: 3
I see fairfax and favour are gifting yet more items. Not sure I’ll be running out to buy any of their overpriced stuff. The amount of stuff they gift the obviously don’t need my money.

Reactions: 8
I see fairfax and favour are gifting yet more items. Not sure I’ll be running out to buy any of their overpriced stuff. The amount of stuff they gift the obviously don’t need my money.
To be honest it puts me off buying

I appreciate it us advertising but similarly to where a brand chooses to place print advertisements the same with influencers

I think brands need to look hard at the influencers they choose to gift items to

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.