Equestrian Influencers #11 They don't sponsor you? @ them till they do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feel awful reading Rhis woody update but I think she’s made the right choice!
Yes, seems like the right choice, but poor Rhi. I retired a young horse 6 months ago and I still go through the what ifs sometimes and I'm still not over it. Feel for her

Feel awful reading Rhis woody update but I think she’s made the right choice!
Yeah I definitely feel sorry for her especially since she waited years for her own horse as she was riding since she was a child. she barely has him 2 years. she probably never get another horse as anyone would be scared of it happening again and financially I say she is out of pocket since insurance won’t cover because it’s a recurring problem.

Reactions: 5
I retired one of mine at 10 to the field. It’s so tough but once you come to terms with it and see them living their best life with their herd, you know you did the right thing!

——

RE Meg, I think that’s a horse seller in her phone, but I am patiently waiting for her to tell us which feed company is the best thing since sliced bread and she’ll never feed anything else no matter what (unless they go bust and drop her obvs as that doesn’t count 🤭)

Reactions: 3
Poor Rhi, that’s so sad. I hope Woody can have an enjoyable retirement. He looks the perfect type to live out to be fair - not skinny enough to struggle in the winter but not chunky enough to get obese in the summer.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I definitely feel sorry for her especially since she waited years for her own horse as she was riding since she was a child. she barely has him 2 years. she probably never get another horse as anyone would be scared of it happening again and financially I say she is out of pocket since insurance won’t cover because it’s a recurring problem.
I waited until my early 20s to buy my first horse, I hired a supposed experienced horse person who pushed me into buying a horse I wasn't too keen on (I love him dearly now) and after multiple falls, hospital trips and surgeries and a year of searching for a cause of his behaviours, we found severe kissing spines. Absolutely broke me, luckily he is able to live soundly in a paddock and I have him with me still. It took me two years but I finally have a beautiful mare who passed her vet check with flying colours. My gelding forced me to be a better horsewoman and learn so much, so I feel better prepared to deal with anything that my mare may throw my way.
So I really hope Rhi doesn't give up. It really, really sucks, but that's horses unfortunately! Let him live his best retired life and when she's able, I hope she finds herself a new horse

Reactions: 10
She's been like this for years - she acted exactly the same back in 2013/14 on Tumblr. It's funny to see her looping back to "R+ only!!!1!", I wonder how long it'll last this time.

She's also a massive hypocrite; writing loads of ranty Instagram posts about how no one should be riding horses under 4yo but (at the time) making most of her money from <checks notes> galloping 2yos at the racetrack.
I used to really rate Shelby too, but now I cant stand her! She's gotten so arrogant and up herself. I also agree she's a hypocrite. She once did an online video with Raleigh on horse racing and I was disappointed in Raleigh, as she didn't stick to her principles that racing babies is wrong. I don't know if she was intimidated by Shelby, or just didn't want an argument, but Raleigh totally backed down and agreed to all Shelby's points that the race horses are fine to be broken in at 1 yr old and then raced. I think the video might be on Raleigh's reels or something. It's out there somewhere.
---
Sophie Seymour is quiet not looking good for her horse
I thought this too. Keep checking back for an update. Poor horse. I wonder why he wasn't on IV fluids at least if the vets suspected colitis?

Reactions: 2
A lot of horses seem to be coming down with colitis at the moment, this is the fourth I’ve heard about in the last few months.

Reactions: 3
Just seen an update re Sophie’s horse saying the vets think he ingested something poisonous and he is making good progress (pictures of him in the field)
I’ve not seen a single mention of colitis except on here.

No, it’s 3 people I know, 2 lost their horses to colitis, 1 has pulled through. Just strange to me when you don’t really hear about it otherwise, the 3/4cases within weeks of each other.

Reactions: 1
Just seen an update re Sophie’s horse saying the vets think he ingested something poisonous and he is making good progress (pictures of him in the field)
I’ve not seen a single mention of colitis except on here.
It’s the first post she had up about him

Reactions: 1
So here’s a different one for you guys… how would you recommend people to start out on social media? How do you find new accounts to follow?

Do you mean start posting as an ‘influencer’? I really wouldn’t recommend people to start out on social media influencing… I did but for something other than equine and to be honest, it made me and, kept me, quite unwell. As soon as I was doing better again, my follower count dropped.

I’ve learnt that social media isn’t important in life and I’m glad, I know I’m not everyone’s cup of tea and i never got any ‘hate’ because of it. Someone did copy my posts once but that’s it…but yeah it would have ruined my mental health for that.

As for following people, follow who make you laugh, smile, inspire you and people you know but never feel obligated to follow their lifestyle because all you see a photo/short video…life is not all bright and dandy like is often portrayed.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.