Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I noticed Paddy Jackson was trending again yesterday, his current rugby club tweeted something featuring him and two other players,my goodness and the knives were out in force! #ibelieveher was also trending.McD would've been one of that brigade. FYI I felt
heartbroken for the lady in question and believe her. It stirred up memories of nights out when I was in late teens/early 20s in college many years ago, doing things I certainly didn't consent to with entitled assholes but it's only dawning on me now how completely wrong it was. One must wonder how does he feel now the boot is on the other foot? Hypocrite. As far as I'm aware and correct me if I'm wrong but under Irish law in order to protect victims, defendants/accused in rape/sexual assault cases cannot be named whether its ongoing or finalised hence the complete silence? If the incident involving Jackson et al happened in say,Dublin then the resulting court case wouldn't have named them at all? Unless of course the victim waved her anonymity if they were found guilty.
That is correct in some cases,
My abuser was named because it wouldn't have identified me,
If it was a relative or neighbour they wouldn't have been named.

Reactions: 4
That is correct in some cases,
My abuser was named because it wouldn't have identified me,
If it was a relative or neighbour they wouldn't have been named.
A high profile is a reason to not name the accused too.

Sorry to learn what happened you. I hope you’re getting the right support ❤

A high profile is a reason to not name the accused too.

Sorry to learn what happened you. I hope you’re getting the right support ❤
Thanks ❤
It was dealt with over 15 years ago.

I would still be in counselling on and off but overall (apart from a strong sense of need for justice and support for anyone affected by similar) I'm ok.

Have my moments and get "triggered" but overall I'm ok

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I really hope he pursues this further. Like I understand he might want to draw a line under it all but ffs, it's accusations like this that destroy peoples lives and have genuine victims facing doubt and disbelief.

Reactions: 12
I really hope he pursues this further. Like I understand he might want to draw a line under it all but ffs, it's accusations like this that destroy peoples lives and have genuine victims facing doubt and disbelief.
I made a point along these lines in the deleted thread at the time of the allegations. My posts weren’t always popular on that thread but there’s very valid reasons why newspapers can’t cover allegations like that and why people asking Doireann to comment were using poor logic.

False allegations have such an impact on those who are genuine victims.

Reactions: 17
Did we see this?? It seems the accuser has admitted the allegations were false... f*cking hell
From reading it I don’t think it says she’s saying all allegations were false just being under age, drugs use, family in the guards. Don’t think it says there was no sexual assault.

From reading it I don’t think it says she’s saying all allegations were false just being under age, drugs use, family in the guards. Don’t think it says there was no sexual assault.
Thats true, good point, but I guess, the fact that she admitted mostly all the other things she claimed were false and will therefore make it difficult for her to maintain any credibility. I guess we don't know all of the circumstances and probably never will, but this will of course be ammunition for the #notallmen crowd and will be used to rubbish #ibelieveher, if you get me.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Exactly this, there's nothing about the "alleged" sexual assault. Just that the age, drugs, guards and that she shouldn't have retweeted other people's claims.

Reactions: 9
It was all completely false hence why he’s going after Twitter in the high court. Just a fame hungry little clout chaser looking 10 seconds of fame. It’s a joke.

Reactions: 1
It was all completely false hence why he’s going after Twitter in the high court. Just a fame hungry little clout chaser looking 10 seconds of fame. It’s a joke.
Maybe you have inside info, don’t get that from what’s been posted.

Why does the solicitor letter not explicitly call out the sexual assault claim as being false if that is the case. It name checks the allegations which are false it seems.

The girl was 17 and he was 27. Getting the girl to admit she was the age of consent (17) isn’t really the win he thinks it is. I dunno, if someone accused me of something like that I wouldn’t have just ran off and hid for over year. I’d at least put out a statement refuting the allegations and say I’m going to fight it. I’d also be looking to sue the person for false allegations, but he’s not. The statement is very carefully worded and seems like a settlement between the two parties. No one is going to know what happened between them, but it doesn’t seem cut and dry at all. And sorry, a 27 year old pursing and having a relationship with a 17 year old is bleeping creepy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.