Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure he will do all the shows and radio interviews and really try his best to play victim.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
The shots story is sooooo cringe. The two of them look like they'd rather be anywhere else than there

Reactions: 1
It was all completely false hence why he’s going after Twitter in the high court. Just a fame hungry little clout chaser looking 10 seconds of fame. It’s a joke.
STOP RIGHT NOW , BLAST FROM THE PAST! I remember you on Eoghans thread, you’re either his sister or him, I must find the screenshots in my group chat 😂 Just because she admitted she wasn’t underage doesn’t mean he didn’t assault her, he’s still a pig and the other stories from other girls on that thread must be all clout chasing looking for fame from a degenerate tv presenter too 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I went looking as well, it's gone completely. Seems like there could have been a legal threat against tattle to get it taken down.
Solicitor’s letter mentions Twitter and Reddit, as the accuser posted related content on that platform.
His own solicitors must have got the Tattle Life thread taken down.
it’ll be interesting to see how long the recent posts him will stay up for…..

Reactions: 4
Did we see this?? It seems the accuser has admitted the allegations were false... f*cking hell
Interesting letter from the solicitor. Lots of allegations made about him related to sexual misconduct, drugs etc. The letter doesn’t say ALL the allegations are false. You can be sure they would have stressed that point if everything in her account was untrue.

Reactions: 15
The solicitors letter is very carefully worded. She admits to making a series of false allegations like how she was under the age of consent at the time, (maybe she thought her being 17 was under the age of consent, who knows). I would advise those who believe she has admitted to making the whole thing up to read the letter again. There seems to be an acknowledgement between both of them that a relationship took place, but Eoghan denies her version of events.

She admits to making false allegations about his family members being guards and that he fled the country (possibly influenced information by third parties as addressed by her solicitor in the letter) and she apologises for retweeting claims of alleged abuse from third parties - but I don’t see where she takes back any claim about an assault taking place? Just that she accepts that Eoghan fundamentally disputes her version of events - she does not say it never happened or takes back the claim. Him saying in his tweet that a “series of false allegations were made about me” is very clever as people would ultimately think the whole thing was lies. And for clarity I am not for one second saying I believe he did anything to this girl. I just find the wording of the letter interesting and noticed that she never took back or apologised for her initial claim like some people assume she did.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
The solicitors letter is very carefully worded. She admits to making a series of false allegations like how she was under the age of consent at the time, (maybe she thought her being 17 was under the age of consent, who knows). I would advise those who believe she has admitted to making the whole thing up to read the letter again. There seems to be an acknowledgement between both of them that a relationship took place, but Eoghan denies her version of events.

She admits to making false allegations about his family members being guards and that he fled the country (possibly influenced information by third parties as addressed by her solicitor in the letter) and she apologises for retweeting claims of alleged abuse from third parties - but I don’t see where she takes back any claim about an assault taking place? Just that she accepts that Eoghan fundamentally disputes her version of events - she does not say it never happened or takes back the claim. Him saying in his tweet that a “series of false allegations were made about me” is very clever as people would ultimately think the whole thing was lies. And for clarity I am not for one second saying I believe he did anything to this girl. I just find the wording of the letter interesting and noticed that she never took back or apologised for her initial claim like some people assume she did.
Isn't the timing convenient also.....the second the Two Johnnies were socially exonerated he releases this very cryptic letter. The whole thing seems like a settlement.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
The girl was 17 and he was 27. Getting the girl to admit she was the age of consent (17) isn’t really the win he thinks it is. I dunno, if someone accused me of something like that I wouldn’t have just ran off and hid for over year. I’d at least put out a statement refuting the allegations and say I’m going to fight it. I’d also be looking to sue the person for false allegations, but he’s not. The statement is very carefully worded and seems like a settlement between the two parties. No one is going to know what happened between them, but it doesn’t seem cut and dry at all. And sorry, a 27 year old pursing and having a relationship with a 17 year old is bleeping creepy.
I've seen a lot on Twitter about her being 17 and him 27 at the time, but I just re-read the solicitors letter and she admits to being 'above' the age of consent. So there's nothing definite to say that she was only 17 at the time? I do agree a 17 yr old with a 27yr old doesn't sit right but I just wonder if people are taking her age as 17 and running with it....

Reactions: 3
I've seen a lot on Twitter about her being 17 and him 27 at the time, but I just re-read the solicitors letter and she admits to being 'above' the age of consent. So there's nothing definite to say that she was only 17 at the time? I do agree a 17 yr old with a 27yr old doesn't sit right but I just wonder if people are taking her age as 17 and running with it....
To me the letter is playing very fast and loose to try make things look more favourable for him. I think if they could have categorically said "she lied about being 17, she was actually x age when they were in a relationship" they would have, but they didn't. Instead they leaned into "she was over the age of consent", which is 17.

Reactions: 13
To me the letter is playing very fast and loose to try make things look more favourable for him. I think if they could have categorically said "she lied about being 17, she was actually x age when they were in a relationship" they would have, but they didn't. Instead they leaned into "she was over the age of consent", which is 17.
Yes I just read it again! It says over the age of consent but doesn’t say what age

Reactions: 2
Is it completely unethical and weird that he was 27 and she was 17? Absolutely, a massive creep…. But the original Reddit post was heavily leaning into the “he loved underage girls” in particular in order to incriminate him, which it did….. He lost both of his high profile jobs, his girlfriend, Twitter and the general public crucified him and a lot of his family and mates turned on him (for the obvious reasons) because of the very reasonable and important stance of ‘believing her’.. public shaming was literally forbidden in Roman times because they considered it too cruel of a punishment … Eoghan endured nearly two years of it, spent in in absolute exile while everyone hated him .. I’d say that equals 20 years of prison at least. The age gap thing happens and while it’s not right, his punishment wasn’t in proportion to his crime... All the girl achieved was discredit her own word and didn’t help any girls of SA that come after her after this high profile false accusation case

He seems to have gotten her on a lot of technicalities. But the crux of her claim, which is to do with the alleged assault, does not appear to have been redacted. A lot of people seem to want the girl hung drawn and quartered. Personally, I hope she is doing okay.

Is it completely unethical and weird that he was 27 and she was 17? Absolutely, a massive creep…. But the original Reddit post was heavily leaning into the “he loved underage girls” in particular in order to incriminate him, which it did….. He lost both of his high profile jobs, his girlfriend, Twitter and the general public crucified him and a lot of his family and mates turned on him (for the obvious reasons) because of the very reasonable and important stance of ‘believing her’.. public shaming was literally forbidden in Roman times because they considered it too cruel of a punishment … Eoghan endured nearly two years of it, spent in in absolute exile while everyone hated him .. I’d say that equals 20 years of prison at least. The age gap thing happens and while it’s not right, his punishment wasn’t in proportion to his crime... All the girl achieved was discredit her own word and didn’t help any girls of SA that come after her after this high profile false accusation case
He didn’t help himself imo but not coming out and rubbishing the claims immediately. He handled the whole thing very bizarrely.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
It's clear he's had a hell of a year weathering this and making a plan to counteract the claims. I think he'll suffer as much for his silence for the guts of a year while these allegations were flying around and he suddenly disappeared without a trace from RTE. Going from one of the most vocal RTE presenters who was omnipresent on social media to that complete silence, even if there was a strong legal reason for it, a lot of people will have just made up their mind about him now.

Reactions: 4
But if he addressed then the papers can write about it… i imagine he needed the legal papers and official retraction before he said anything either way and his lawyer must have advised him to keep out of the public eye and say nothing

Reactions: 1
It is all very fishy. Other people who have been accused of allegations come out immediately to state that they are innocent, there's no truth to the claims and that they are going to do everything they can to prove they are innocent etc. One statement! Why didn't he do that? Also, looking closely into the letter shared it seems that there is a lot left unsaid. I don't think it's all as clearcut as that.

Reactions: 15
Not sure how true it is but apparently she was over the age of consent when they had sex…..
So is that the day after her 17 birthday or what 😐

screams technicality.

Reactions: 16
Above the age of consent just means you’re at least 17. Using legal gymnastics she could literally have just turned 17 the day before and legally he’s in the clear and the letter is correct. He might not have done anything illegal but morally I have an issue with a 27 year old being intimate with a 17 year old. And waiting for her to be legal isn’t commendable if he’s been grooming her prior to that.

Reactions: 18
It is all very fishy. Other people who have been accused of allegations come out immediately to state that they are innocent, there's no truth to the claims and that they are going to do everything they can to prove they are innocent etc. One statement! Why didn't he do that? Also, looking closely into the letter shared it seems that there is a lot left unsaid. I don't think it's all as clearcut as that.
Also, the date of the letter has been redacted. A very weird thing to do. So, is the letter a few months old? I’d be looking to publish that asap to clear my name!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.