Eoghan McDermott - Irish radio stars face social media allegations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bib but in sex crimes all you need to do if you're a perpatrator is prove reasonable doubt. The burden of proof is always on the alleged victom to prove they were assaulted and their behaviour and previous sex life is always used in these instances. Courts do not favour any victim
I feel this post is implying I said something I didn’t. I am sadly very aware of how many sexual assaults go unpunished. I work in a hospital and have first hand experience with victims.

But that doesn’t change my post above. Many times throughout this thread I have pointed to the George Gibney case as an example of something that could happen again. The system is not supportive enough of sexual assault victims, but it’s the only justice system we have. Wannabe vigilantes online will only harm any potential case.

I am also very cautious about talking about someone in a situation like this as if we KNOW they are guilty. Statistically it’s unlikely there is a false allegation, but we don’t know very much actual information here.

So many smart and eloquent posters on this thread fighting for victims. Its wonderful to see so many intelligent rebuttals to those blaming victims.
I genuinely don’t remember any post which was victim blaming. If you think my post falls into that category, I’d ask you to reconsider.

Reactions: 3
@IrishMeeja I wasn't having a go at you. I was talking about the justice system which is stacked against victims from the off in rape cases.
I didn't even report my attempted rape because I knew what would happen.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I feel this post is implying I said something I didn’t. I am sadly very aware of how many sexual assaults go unpunished. I work in a hospital and have first hand experience with victims.

But that doesn’t change my post above. Many times throughout this thread I have pointed to the George Gibney case as an example of something that could happen again. The system is not supportive enough of sexual assault victims, but it’s the only justice system we have. Wannabe vigilantes online will only harm any potential case.

I am also very cautious about talking about someone in a situation like this as if we KNOW they are guilty. Statistically it’s unlikely there is a false allegation, but we don’t know very much actual information here.

I genuinely don’t remember any post which was victim blaming. If you think my post falls into that category, I’d ask you to reconsider.
I feel like that was also maybe directed at me? I've said several times and say again that if there is a case to answer then it should be answered 100%. I'm also pretty sure, having looked at the Balcony Freedom twitter account that it's a troll account that has tweeted what look to be false sexual assault allegations against loads of random Irish celebs. If you're bored you can scroll yourselves and have a look, around September 2017. This girl's account reposted the allegation it made against Eoghan and it looks to be false. Having a legitimate complaint yourself doesn't nor shouldn't give you carte blanche to post anything you like, especially something so serious. That she has complaint that should be investigated and the facts established and that she posted something damaging and false can be true at the same time.

Reactions: 1
I feel like that was also maybe directed at me? I've said several times and say again that if there is a case to answer then it should be answered 100%. I'm also pretty sure, having looked at the Balcony Freedom twitter account that it's a troll account that has tweeted what look to be false sexual assault allegations against loads of random Irish celebs. If you're bored you can scroll yourselves and have a look, around September 2017. This girl's account reposted the allegation it made against Eoghan and it looks to be false. Having a legitimate complaint yourself doesn't nor shouldn't give you carte blanche to post anything you like, especially something so serious. That she has complaint that should be investigated and the facts established and that she posted something damaging and false can be true at the same time.
Just gave that twitter account a good stalk and what the actual duck, racist anti immigration vibes too! Honest to god sounds very much like this lunatic world order anti masker woman i have on facebook, she isn't actually well god love her but then again i only realised just how many crazies there are in this country since lockdown lol

Reactions: 3
Saw an article on her.ie. Can’t paste for some reason but was posted today. Saying he was dropped from love island Austrailia as he use to be the voice over

Reactions: 1

ill just leave this here... also speaks of a 2011 **** rape tweet and we thought 2017 was going back

From the original accusation i do remember that the alleged victim maintained his wokeness all the while having groomed her really frustrated her. If it comes out as fake and someone has a serious vandetta against the man thats terrible but jesus thinking back that reddit post was very convincing AF

Reactions: 4
I am telling the truth and it is horrible. It happens way more often than people think. I have no reason to lie?

You automatically doubt if I am telling the truth (which is healthy and normal) but a stranger who made her accusation on social media against a wealthy man you fully believe? 🤔
And what about the article written by Ronan Farrow had that not come about then that scum Harvey Weinstein would still be getting away with his tit.Yes you know of one isolated case which is terrible that a man's life was ruined by being blamed in the wrong but saying because the girl went on social media & E MC D is wealthy is irrelevant she probably felt it was the only place she'd be heard. If he's nothing to hide the justice will be served either way. But as we speak I'm sure there are people at the same tit & worse that he is accused of & will get away with it because of power or that the victim is scared someone like you will question why she turned to social media, it's an outlet for communication if she wasn't been heard anywhere else & watching as he went on living his life hiding behind causes if she has managed to stop him from doing it again I applaud her. I do believe her & I'm sure where there's one victim there's more.I am also speaking from experience

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I noticed Paddy Jackson was trending again yesterday, his current rugby club tweeted something featuring him and two other players,my goodness and the knives were out in force! #ibelieveher was also trending.McD would've been one of that brigade. FYI I felt
heartbroken for the lady in question and believe her. It stirred up memories of nights out when I was in late teens/early 20s in college many years ago, doing things I certainly didn't consent to with entitled assholes but it's only dawning on me now how completely wrong it was. One must wonder how does he feel now the boot is on the other foot? Hypocrite. As far as I'm aware and correct me if I'm wrong but under Irish law in order to protect victims, defendants/accused in rape/sexual assault cases cannot be named whether its ongoing or finalised hence the complete silence? If the incident involving Jackson et al happened in say,Dublin then the resulting court case wouldn't have named them at all? Unless of course the victim waved her anonymity if they were found guilty.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I noticed Paddy Jackson was trending again yesterday, his current rugby club tweeted something featuring him and two other players,my goodness and the knives were out in force! #ibelieveher was also trending.McD would've been one of that brigade. FYI I felt
heartbroken for the lady in question and believe her. It stirred up memories of nights out when I was in late teens/early 20s in college many years ago, doing things I certainly didn't consent to with entitled assholes but it's only dawning on me now how completely wrong it was. One must wonder how does he feel now the boot is on the other foot? Hypocrite. As far as I'm aware and correct me if I'm wrong but under Irish law in order to protect victims, defendants/accused in rape/sexual assault cases cannot be named whether its ongoing or finalised hence the complete silence? If the incident involving Jackson et al happened in say,Dublin then the resulting court case wouldn't have named them at all? Unless of course the victim waved her anonymity if they were found guilty.
Jackson was not tried under Irish law
Northern Ireland is under British jurisdiction
The Irish justice system would have had a closed court and no one be would have been named unless found guilty and she would have been anonymous.
Sadly for the poor victim who I totally believe, she was at the mercy of the crown prosecution system not the Irish one.

People were able to sit in the courtroom and abuse her. What a joke.
He is a revolting pig.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Love island Australia not saying much
Feel sorry for the (ex?) girlfriend, permanently joined to his hip online in so many news articles. Met her once fleetingly, someone mentioned who her boyf was so naturally I googled her and found it odd that a sweet girl,certainly no match on the big personality front like McD got with him.Her whole Instagram was red carpet and VIP bash this and that, luxury holidays and fancy city breaks,all because of him. She didn't shy of showing off online anyway. Maybe she got caught up in it all and it went to her head. Don't follow her anymore but now she's on private in IG.If she's interested in a great career as a GP she should move to NZ or Oz where there are better health systems,and away from him. She deserves better.

Jackson was not tried under Irish law
Northern Ireland is under British jurisdiction
The Irish justice system would have had a closed court and no one be would have been named unless found guilty and she would have been anonymous.
Sadly for the poor victim who I totally believe, she was at the mercy of the crown prosecution system not the Irish one.

People were able to sit in the courtroom and abuse her. What a joke.
He is a revolting pig.
I know it was under British law,hence why they were named and shamed (even though acquitted) but would have gotten off scott-free if the incident happened in the Republic,nobody would be any the wiser.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I know it was under British law,hence why they were named and shamed (even though acquitted) but would have gotten off scott-free if the incident happened in the Republic,nobody would be any the wiser.
There is an argument that they got off in part due to the profile of the trial. Tom Humphries is an example I have used many times in this thread. He was found guilty in Ireland.

I don’t believe in naming and shaming as it does nothing for the actual victims. Our system has many flaws but it’s the only system we have for any form of justice.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.