Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cocoapops

I am grisly shocked at the 5 days of nursery! We had term time contracts at our children’s which was great, but other teachers i work with can put their child in for half the usual amount of days or pay half for the week and not send them in…
I live my half terms and holidays with my children, we rely on after school club a lot during term time and that makes our evening quite short after food, reading and homework so holidays are fun times! I use my evenings to sort out Vinted posts etc!

Reactions: 3

WhatABore

VIP Member
Why does she always get up? Where is John? Why are they waking at 1:30am still regularly? So many questions!
It seems to be that John gets up with James most of the time and she does Hattie.
But from what she's said before, she goes back to bed around 5 and John then gets up with both of them and gets them ready for nursery/takes them to nursery and she sleeps until she has to get up herself for work.

JH31

There's literally only 2 teachers out of my kids school that are in it.
I can't see her losing out on money though
I think it varies quite a lot. I work in a large school and it is estimated that 90% of the teachers are with the NEU.

WhatABore

VIP Member
Lazy parenting is the worst- if a child has difficulties due to medical needs absolutely send them school not toilet trained but if it’s a case of you couldn’t be bothered (as in Emma’s case) then school would rightly be annoyed too.

It’s his birthday today and she has done nothing but moan. If H isn’t sleeping and is waking for over 6 hours a night then I would most definitely be getting her seen, that isn’t normal behaviour for how frequently it happens. Maybe she is hungry? Maybe it’s the fact she gets taken downstairs and tv on along with lights?

Wait until tomorrow when it’s ‘full day at work on no sleep’ and whinge whinge whinge.
She was complaining about James waking up at 6am too. That's pretty normal for a 4 year old imo 🤷🏻‍♀️

We have this issue with my one and a half year old at the minute. Where she wakes up for hours. And we know there's a reason for it, which is why we're trying to figure it out at the minute.
But she does usually take them downstairs and put the TV and lights on so it's what they'll be expecting.

Offish

VIP Member
To be fair, we call him Father Christmas and he only brings the stocking in our house and family provide other gifts. I’m not sure that makes us boring or tight, and it certainly doesn’t take away from the magic. Her being a dull sod who is more interested in treating herself than her children is the issue, not what a mythical person provides or doesn’t!
Same.. she’s a twat, but I like to this this isn’t why!

Reactions: 2

Instagram Sham

I could literally have written this myself!

honestly Emma reminds me of my own upbringing - they love and care for me and I had a happy, safe childhood but sometimes they have a strange way of showing it (aka very much ‘tough love’)

We’ve never been cuddly/affectionate as a family. small inconveniences are a big deal. very overprotective. unrealistic expectations of my behaviour as a child. diet culture and calorie counting - we never had snacks in the house. would get personally offended when they would make a nice tea and I, a mere 2 year old, didn’t want it. I remember being given the silent treatment for several days after an argument and I still am reminded of the one time I behaved badly on holiday in public in 1993. Everything was catastrophised (eg if you go out drinking you’ll get arrested, end up in hospital and then we’ll have to clean up your mess and you’ll never get a decent job) and everything was seen as personal attack on them and their parenting, to the point where I know I can never, ever talk about this and how it affected me with them. They’d be in total denial. I’m even scared to post this because what if they somehow read it?? I’m a grown ass adult in my 30s for goodness sake and I’m still so scared of what my parents think, it feels pathetic 😅

I can confirm that whilst I love them and have a much better relationship with them now, it breeds resentment, deep rooted anxiety, an obsession with people pleasing and unhealthy boundaries in adulthood. But when I realised that other people’s families weren’t like that, I went off the rails as a teenager/in my 20s and became very good at lying 🙃

I think it’s why Emma’s stories annoy me so much, she needs to engage in just the slightest bit of reflection and realise that in the long term, this is going to really damage her relationship with her children. But then she will just blame J&H for being ungrateful and act like she’s a saint.

WhatABore

VIP Member
I’ve got to say the autumn clock change always does me dirty as well! Mine is up at 5/5:15 normally and as of tomorrow it’ll be 4/4:15.
No matter how late bedtime is, putting them back down, refusing to engage blah blah blah, it doesnt change until the clocks go forward again 🥴

This is the one and only issue I sympathise with her on 🤣
Maybe we're just lucky then. I've never understood it.
If the clocks are going back, we just pop them to bed half an hour later and than normal and they make wake up a little early the next day and then just normal bed time and we're back to normal.

Their rooms are pitch black though and always have been so I don't know if that's why

SnooperTrooper

Chatty Member
I sent her a message to say Asda baby clothes go up to 18-24months because she said
Hattie is "Definitely a little girl now"
Said the baby clothes are too small.
She said she doesn't want Hattie in baby clothes, she's not a baby.