Enjoying being Emma #5 Face like a slapped arse, can’t wait to get back to her claas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The nursery fee on top of funded hours is pretty normal I thought? My son has been to two settings and both had a 'daily fee' of about £5. Maybe I've just been ripped off though 😂
It isnt allowed to charge per hour for funded hours but it depends how they word it.
If everything else is given like snacks, nappies, suncream, drinks etc but pay an extra fee for these, then it's legal.
They are also allowed to charge for lunch even if you bring your own as that hour is not funded

Reactions: 2
This is Emma, the woman who sent her kids to nursery during the school holidays…. She will moan about spending the money…. But she definitely will spend it cos she won’t wanna look after them 😂

Doesn’t she realise that settings are under threat due to finding cuts? How dare she be asked to spend more on her children

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I will say though, whether legal or not, is she really expecting a nursery that was put into special measures to abide by the rules? 😂

• Haha
I will say though, whether legal or not, is she really expecting a nursery that was put into special measures to abide by the rules? 😂
This is probably why it’s struggling. Any decent parent has already pulled their child from the setting!

Reactions: 7
Nurseries are allowed to charge for extras (eg ours charged £4 extra per day for early drop off, and £6 extra per day for food 👀) but they’re not allowed to charge an extra amount to top up their funded hours. I don’t know why her immediate reaction is to write to her MP though rather than going directly to the nursery to challenge it?

Reactions: 6
I would very willingly pay my nursery more if they asked for it, but I know my nursery is a bit of an anomaly for fees in that it costs me £630 a month (using tax free childcare) for my one year old to go 5 full days a week and the fees include nappies, milk/formula, 2 course lunch and 2 snacks! £133 a month for my 4 year old after funding. The owner hasn’t increased the prices ever since they opened in 2011, I honestly have no idea how they do it. All the staff are paid the real living wage at a minimum.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I would very willingly pay my nursery more if they asked for it, but I know my nursery is a bit of an anomaly for fees in that it costs me £630 a month (using tax free childcare) for my one year old to go 5 full days a week and the fees include nappies, milk/formula, 2 course lunch and 2 snacks! £133 a month for my 4 year old after funding. The owner hasn’t increased the prices ever since they opened in 2011, I honestly have no idea how they do it. All the staff are paid the real living wage at a minimum.
Wow that really is an anomaly! Ours would’ve been £1105 for that (£880 after the tax free top up). The owners must take minimal profits to be able to pay their staff, which is really good of them!

The nursery fee on top of funded hours is pretty normal I thought? My son has been to two settings and both had a 'daily fee' of about £5. Maybe I've just been ripped off though 😂
No, we pay extra on top of my Sons funded hours. We get the 30 hours spread across the year and we pay for the extra wrap round care. We luckily get to drop off at 7am as our nursery is very close to the local hospital so a lot of children there are workers children and the latest we can collect is 18:30 (again extended for NHS staff). We pay over £500 a month and once added to the Gov scheme we pay £700+ for 7am to 5pm a day Monday to Friday everything included. I am dreading when we have another child because of nursery costs.
She really shouldn’t whine! If it weren’t for the nursery, her son wouldn’t be getting potty trained and she couldn’t go to work in her oh so precious job. Next she will start posting about the Teaching Strike about better pay, every sector deserves a pay rise or more importantly, the cost of living needs to be decreased.

No way, it's definitely illegal. They can't just start charging for funded hours, they can put on add ons like food or clubs etc.

I was at Lincoln Christmas market just yesterday, I’d have loved to see her racing up Steep Hill to prove to herself that she can still do it, if she’s not lying obviously. I used to have to walk up it regularly and I doubt I ever did it in 4 minutes, I despise that hill 😂

I was at Lincoln Christmas market just yesterday, I’d have loved to see her racing up Steep Hill to prove to herself that she can still do it, if she’s not lying obviously. I used to have to walk up it regularly and I doubt I ever did it in 4 minutes, I despise that hill 😂
Why was she even timing herself? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
"and for some strange reason I just fancied fish and chips as my main"

Why is that strange? 🤔😂

So she either gorged on too much food and made herself sick. Or she’s guilted herself about the food and stuck her fingers down her throat. I’m going with the latter.

if you’ve had the dreaded d and v you would not eat cheese as your first meal… surely! More time off work then is it?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.