English channel migrant crossing crisis #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmm. Tell me again about how the government are going to ban not buying Israeli products. Shopping bag Police?

Perhaps take it to Part 12 of the Israel-Terrorist conflict thread?
You mean the thread whereby some who like to lecture about racism, xenophobia and discrimination are posting things that could be described as just that, with various pieces of antisemitic tripe being posted by them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
You mean the thread whereby some who like to lecture about racism, xenophobia and discrimination are posting things that could be described as just that, with various pieces of antisemitic tripe being posted.
LOL Exactly that one. With a touch of terrorist sympathy thrown in.....

Reactions: 5
LOL Exactly that one.
Yes. It is funny how racism, xenophobia and discrimination only applies to certain groups of people in their warped world view.

Anyone not part of those certain groups is 'fair game' for racism, xenophobia and abuse.

Reactions: 6
Some murmors that old Abdul has been found in the Thames

No doubt nicely nibbled by the fishies by now
Surely he would now be in heaven sitting with the righteous at God's right hand. Strumming a harp on a fluffy cloud with all the other committed Christians.

As a general observation doesn't heaven sound bleeping dull....
---
Yes. It is funny how racism, xenophobia and discrimination only applies to certain groups of people in their warped world view.

Anyone not part of those certain groups is 'fair game' for racism, xenophobia and abuse.
I would like to think there was a special reason for this. But who am I kidding, it's just good old fashioned blatant hypocrisy. Simple people enjoy simple stimuli after all.

Reactions: 7
Never knew there was conscription in Syria , so these men arriving on boats are military trained 🫤
IMG_4293.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 3
You mean the thread whereby some who like to lecture about racism, xenophobia and discrimination are posting things that could be described as just that, with various pieces of antisemitic tripe being posted by them.
Actually, this is true. It's a snake pit of radicalisation.

Reactions: 7
Not all are children!
At no point did I say all are children. I’m simply pointing out that many are fleeing because they’re at risk of being conscripted, the implication is therefore that they had not yet started their military service

At no point did I say all are children. I’m simply pointing out that many are fleeing because they’re at risk of being conscripted, the implication is therefore that they had not yet started their military service
Yeah but 18 is when conscription begins?…Can we assume a fit 30 yr old has military training?

Reactions: 4
Some murmors that old Abdul has been found in the Thames

No doubt nicely nibbled by the fishies by now
The BBC said his body spent 20 days floating down the Thames and the image that gave made me feel quite queasy. Doesn’t help that the Thames looks like a stream of actual diarrhoea 🤢

Reactions: 1
Yeah but 18 is when conscription begins?…Can we assume a fit 30 yr old has military training?
A) unclear whether you get conscripted at 18 automatically or whether it’s a risk you face from 18 to 50
B) many people travel for years before they reach the UK or even Europe, so they may have well left their country before they turned 18

I’m of course ignoring here that you also seem to be implying that having military training makes someone automatically dangerous

Reactions: 1
A) unclear whether you get conscripted at 18 automatically or whether it’s a risk you face from 18 to 50
B) many people travel for years before they reach the UK or even Europe, so they may have well left their country before they turned 18

I’m of course ignoring here that you also seem to be implying that having military training makes someone automatically dangerous
It does if they’re not on your side…Seems to be enforced if they can’t risk a holiday back.
---
That was quick !

Reactions: 2

It makes them more dangerous than the average person since they know how to successfully kill someone.

So if they arrive at say the age of 23, and they left before 17, before the training then by your logic it took them 6 years? That is patently ridiculous even if you assume they walked the entire distance to the UK (which incidentally would have required them to master the skill of walking on water).

And whereas I agree having military training doesn’t equate to automatically dangerous, it absolutely does mean that they would have had firearms training, explosive’s training, and been shown how to kill or incapacitate an enemy in the most efficient way, which even you must admit it a damn good skill set for a potential criminal or terrorist threat.

So if they arrive at say the age of 23, and they left before 17, before the training then by your logic it took them 6 years? That is patently ridiculous even if you assume they walked the entire distance to the UK (which incidentally would have required them to master the skill of walking on water).

And whereas I agree having military training doesn’t equate to automatically dangerous, it absolutely does mean that they would have had firearms training, explosive’s training, and been shown how to kill or incapacitate an enemy in the most efficient way, which even you must admit it a damn good skill set for a potential criminal or terrorist threat.
A lot of people get stuck in Libya or generally trying to cross into Europe. We discussed this a few times on this thread

The whole discussion about military training is also hitting a bit too close to some very common Islamophobic statements and wild assumptions

A lot of people get stuck in Libya or generally trying to cross into Europe. We discussed this a few times on this thread

The whole discussion about military training is also hitting a bit too close to some very common Islamophobic statements and wild assumptions
Nothing wild about letting unknown army’s into the country, that’s common sense not a phobia 😂