English channel migrant crossing crisis #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another loophole to avoid deportation!
All of this is only possible because legal aid is available for asylum and immigration cases. If that stopped, the problem wouldn’t be as wide (IMO).
legal aid is available because most home office decisions don’t have a right of appeal, and so the only way to appeal is through a judicial review - a very lengthy and expensive process which the tax payer funds.

Reactions: 3
All of this is only possible because legal aid is available for asylum and immigration cases. If that stopped, the problem wouldn’t be as wide (IMO).
legal aid is available because most home office decisions don’t have a right of appeal, and so the only way to appeal is through a judicial review - a very lengthy and expensive process which the tax payer funds.
Yeah ,it’s big business .

Reactions: 2
When will the madness end....

Now Local Councils are threatening to compulsory purchase properties in order to house illegal migrants.

So the Government is claiming to reduce the Hotels bill by moving all those people into private rented accommodation. This means rents will soar and availability for local people severely reduced.

Why doesn't the Government stop this madness and reduce the 'pull factors' instead. Offering free/cheap accommodation is not reducing the desire to rock up here illegally.

I've never bought the 'We're stopping the boats' guff. Much evidence suggests otherwise, including the Twitter post a few posts back on this thread from a Home Office worker.

We all are being taken for idiots.

Reactions: 4

Now Local Councils are threatening to compulsory purchase properties in order to house illegal migrants.

So the Government is claiming to reduce the Hotels bill by moving all those people into private rented accommodation. This means rents will soar and availability for local people severely reduced.

Why doesn't the Government stop this madness and reduce the 'pull factors' instead. Offering free/cheap accommodation is not reducing the desire to rock up here illegally.

I've never bought the 'We're stopping the boats' guff. Much evidence suggests otherwise, including the Twitter post a few posts back on this thread from a Home Office worker.

I was just commenting a few pages back that this would be next. Thought it might at least take a bit longer 😔
Next the state will be hijacking farms and kicking out white Brits just like South Africa.

Reactions: 4

What a complete non story. The property was left empty for a long time and put on a council list of derelict properties. Someone moved in but the council has not updated their list yet. Letter was sent out.

Solution is to write to the council advising them the property is now occupied. There is no conspiracy where people are being forced to move out to house illegal immigrants.

"A Palestinian Author given asylum because she was critical of Hamas'.

Yet was clearly supporting their actions on one of the marches.

You really can't make this crap up. 🤦‍♂️

The UK really has allowed some utter dross to remain/settle here, many of whom need kicking out.

I seriously hate to think what this country will be like in 10/20 years time. A possible war within our midst? The way it is going it will be fought on home soil!
Considering the UK gave away her homeland via the Balfour Declaration and Balfour memorandum to help remove the people Mr Balfour considered dross 100 years ago some would say Britain owes her. Perhaps we should partition half the UK for the boat folks and give them London as the capital. What's sauce for the goose after all .

Reactions: 2
Someone was asking about the Ukrainians scheme but I can’t remember if it was on this thread

Reactions: 1
Considering the UK gave away her homeland via the Balfour Declaration and Balfour memorandum to help remove the people Mr Balfour considered dross 100 years ago some would say Britain owes her. Perhaps we should partition half the UK for the boat folks and give them London as the capital. What's sauce for the goose after all .
What happened a 100 years ago, or more is past history. The complete idiots who keep banging on about things that occurred in times of old, clearly cannot grasp that it is irrelevant to today - 2024 - and that the people responsible are no longer alive to answer for the charges levied against them.

It is funny how many of those people are highly selective of what historical causes they choose to bang on about.

History cannot be changed, deleted, or pretended it never happened - and some people are clearly too thick and stupid to understand that.

Yes, what occurred in times of old may not be acceptable today, however the UK should not have to keep apologising over and over for mistakes made by our ancestors, nor bow to any demands for ridiculous amounts of 'compensation'.

'You owe is ÂŁ5 trillion in repatriations'

Yeah, go do one!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I could not give one stuff what happened a 100 years ago, or more. Nor to the complete idiots who keep banging on about things that occurred in times of old.

It is funny how many of those people are highly selective of what historical causes they choose to bang on about.

History cannot be changed, deleted, or pretended it never happened - and some people are clearly too thick and stupid to understand that.

Yes, what occurred in times of old may not be acceptable today, however the UK should not have to keep apologising over and over for mistakes made by our ancestors, nor bow to any demands for ridiculous amounts of 'compensation'.

'You owe is ÂŁ5 trillion in repatriations'

Yeah, go do one!
How convenient. We fucked up your country, gave it away to someone else, sold them the weapons killing your kids and we don't give a stuff, now do one.

There is literally no one alive today who played any part in the drafting of the Balfour declaration, and there hasn’t been for decades. To put it in context back then the area was occupied by the Ottoman Empire. So if you can find some relevance in something over 100 years old then I guess that actually makes Palestinians Turks then? Certainly that’s the passport they would carry if the world hadn’t changed beyond recognition in the intervening decades. Which it has. But anyway I digress because wait a minute, weren’t the Turks themselves originally nomadic nomads from the Central Asian steppes famed for their innovative hit and run tactics, who build a large Imperial power centred around Anatolia, the near East, Balkan Europe and North Africa. Often expelling and slaughtering the indigenous peoples such as the Thracian civilization. Now sadly completely eradicated. But any way you get the point. Leftists hate nationalism and imperialism until such times as it suits them, then occupation and ownership of a land is immutable right. Even though it’s never been.

I’m also fascinated by the concept of a country “owing” anything to anyone. What is the nature of this debt. Financial? Spiritual? Legal? Moral? And is there a statute of limitations to your invented debt. Because I am sharpening my pencil to sue Norway for the plundering and slaughter of Lindisfarne.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ah, because what's currently happening in Palestine famously has nothing to do with today's US and British powers upholding and supporting the agreement made back then.

It's not as if current activities are being endorsed and funded by... oh, wait.

Ah, because what's currently happening in Palestine famously has nothing to do with today's US and British powers upholding and supporting the agreement made back then.

It's not as if current activities are being endorsed and funded by... oh, wait.
The British Taxpayer…How do we opt out??

Reactions: 5