English Channel migrant crossing crisis #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a source for that? I’ll even accept a tweet that you saw
IMG_5435.jpeg

---
Again, why is he living amongst Dublin asylum seekers if he’s already been given asylum in Sweden.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Again, why is he living amongst Dublin asylum seekers if he’s already been given asylum in Sweden.
I’m still failing to see anything that definitely says that he is living in the asylum camp or claiming asylum

Googling the street, which I got from Tweets that all happen to be saying the same thing, comes up with many many stories of locals intimidating asylum seekers there:

Twitter also suggests that the story originated from a Telegram page which identified the man by comparison of pictures which seems very shaky footing

I don’t have the time right now to follow around whether he was granted “asylum” in Poland as Twitter claims, but if he has been granted permission to stay in Sweden he presumably has permission to travel around as a normal citizen would. Granted, there’s nothing that seems to suggest that he’s claiming asylum other than a video of a man that maybe looks like him near an asylum camp (seemingly not inside)

I’m still failing to see anything that definitely says that he is living in the asylum camp or claiming asylum

Googling the street, which I got from Tweets that all happen to be saying the same thing, comes up with many many stories of locals intimidating asylum seekers there:

Twitter also suggests that the story originated from a Telegram page which identified the man by comparison of pictures which seems very shaky footing

I don’t have the time right now to follow around whether he was granted “asylum” in Poland as Twitter claims, but if he has been granted permission to stay in Sweden he presumably has permission to travel around as a normal citizen would. Granted, there’s nothing that seems to suggest that he’s claiming asylum other than a video of a man that maybe looks like him near an asylum camp (seemingly not inside)
😂 if you want to believe it’s fake there’s nothing I can do about that as far as I’m aware it’s definitely him.

Reactions: 3
😂 if you want to believe it’s fake there’s nothing I can do about that as far as I’m aware it’s definitely him.
I’m not saying it’s completely fake, but the footing on which the story stands is undoubtedly shaky and pushed by far right groups and doesn’t appear to have been picked up by any reputable news sources which are happy to report on stories that paint a certain picture

I’m not saying it’s completely fake, but the footing on which the story stands is undoubtedly shaky and pushed by far right groups and doesn’t appear to have been picked up by any reputable news sources which are happy to report on stories that paint a certain picture
It was trending on Irish twitter..He was also done for robbery amongst other things and seemed to have settled in Poland.
---
IMG_5446.jpeg
IMG_5448.jpeg
IMG_5449.jpeg

---
Looks like the same person to me although without DNA analysis it’s impossible to be 💯 in the vid he’s saying get off my land.
---
This is the camp he’s referring to
IMG_5444.jpeg

---
People shouldn’t have to put up with slums in their communities.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Again, the answer is available if you care to look for it.👇

Clue: what are Turkey's conditions for supporting Sweden's application to join NATO?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I think some people are absolutely mad with the open borders rhetoric. Something like 76 percent of the world's population live in low-middle income countries many of these won't have great education as compared to the UK. They have won the genetic lottery being born here really, rich countries simply cannot afford to house , feed and give work to the world's poorer people.

The money pot gets diluted too much , you want well educated people who will pay high taxes to come. I would actually back increased aid and investment in these countries but a really tough stance on economic migrants. Logically it makes no sense we live in a really high density country , we are going through a cost of living crisis, the idealistic version of me would love to tackle world poverty but importing the world isn't going to do that. It makes everyone poorer, the world isn't fair, feather your own nest first.

Reactions: 7
... Plus it seems he’s an escaped prisoner…like I’ve already mentioned criminals living amongst communities, or are you claiming Turkey are making these things up???
Do I think the Turkish government imprisons political opponents on trumped up charges? Absolutely.

Reactions: 2
Do I think the Turkish government imprisons political opponents on trumped up charges? Absolutely.
It’s not our problem though that’s up to their own to sort out.

Reactions: 4
That’s nice for them, i can’t even afford to stay one night in london. Maybe we should give them theatre, football tickets next 🙄

Reactions: 8
I think some people are absolutely mad with the open borders rhetoric. Something like 76 percent of the world's population live in low-middle income countries many of these won't have great education as compared to the UK. They have won the genetic lottery being born here really, rich countries simply cannot afford to house , feed and give work to the world's poorer people.

The money pot gets diluted too much , you want well educated people who will pay high taxes to come. I would actually back increased aid and investment in these countries but a really tough stance on economic migrants. Logically it makes no sense we live in a really high density country , we are going through a cost of living crisis, the idealistic version of me would love to tackle world poverty but importing the world isn't going to do that. It makes everyone poorer, the world isn't fair, feather your own nest first.
There are so many issues with any form of immigration from 3rd world countries and IMO it's unethical to have so many come here either legally or illegally.
We take their Drs and Nurses when we should be training our own, we take their fittest, most driven citizens, the ones that could actually make a difference in their own Country.
The ones that come on a boat are charged an absolute fortune, often their families have clubbed together to pay for one of their family members to make the trip. Surely that money would start a business in their own Country and drag them out of poverty.
No easy answers.

Reactions: 6
The ones that come on a boat are charged an absolute fortune, often their families have clubbed together to pay for one of their family members to make the trip. Surely that money would start a business in their own Country and drag them out of poverty.
That money is sometimes crowd funded and more often than not the people fleeing these places would not be able to start a business or invest that money somehow - hence families depend on the man to reach a safe place and try to get them to Europe

That money is sometimes crowd funded and more often than not the people fleeing these places would not be able to start a business or invest that money somehow - hence families depend on the man to reach a safe place and try to get them to Europe
Economic freeloaders 👍🏻

That sounds awfully like economic migration to me.

So its economic migrants I get the reasoning but no it shouldn't be allowed. I'd love to rock up to the USA my wage is over double for the same role but I have to apply for a visa like a law-abiding person does.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
They want the taxpayer to support them and their families, there’s foreign spouses have to pay thousands and wait years before they can legally join their partners in the UK yet these people rock up on boats and expect everything handed to them, they’re even taking resources away from genuine people deserving of asylum .

Reactions: 8
So its economic migrants I get the reasoning but no it shouldn't be allowed. I'd love to rock up to the USA my wage is over double for the same role but I have to apply for a visa like a law-abiding person does.
You seem to be saying that 'economic migrants' are 'allowed' i.e. granted refugee status in the UK. That's not correct.

You could 'rock up' to the USA and claim asylum and then it would be up to you to prove that you qualify for protection. Just like the UK. In the USA if you are considered to be an 'economic migrant' and not eligible for protection your application for asylum will be refused. Just like the UK.
---
They want the taxpayer to support them and their families, there’s foreign spouses have to pay thousands and wait years before they can legally join their partners in the UK yet these people rock up on boats and expect everything handed to them, they’re even taking resources away from genuine people deserving of asylum .
All the more reason to have a system that would allow people to apply for asylum from outside the UK. Then we wouldn't have to support them while they are waiting (and waiting) for their application is considered. Or allow them to work in the UK to support themselves while they are waiting (and waiting) for the application to be considered.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.