English Channel migrant crossing crisis #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably because they’re headed for treasure Ireland to gain an Irish passport before legally heading back to the UK 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Probably because they’re headed for treasure Ireland to gain an Irish passport before legally heading back to the UK 😂
If they’re legally heading to the UK it would suggest that their asylum application has been successful?
Then you’re just dealing with migration, and stopping people moving around just because they have refugee status seems controversial

Reactions: 1
If they’re legally heading to the UK it would suggest that their asylum application has been successful?
Then you’re just dealing with migration, and stopping people moving around just because they have refugee status seems controversial
Do you mean through the Irish open door policy? Where for the most part they don’t know who these people are or the multiple murderers that have been given shelter ? or is it the ISIS terrorist on Russia’s most wanted list that’s pleading to stay on humanitarian grounds? either way just because you’ve got a legal route doesn’t necessarily make you deserving or safe.

Reactions: 3
IF you believe their claim there's less boats it's only because most of them are here now already.

I don’t think they are going by the volume of migrants just arriving in Italy? If French authorities are to be believed the people smugglers are getting more aggressive and forceful they’re having to use tear-gas on occasion, this doesn’t scream success .. all waiting to cross.

Do you mean through the Irish open door policy? Where for the most part they don’t know who these people are or the multiple murderers that have been given shelter ? or is it the ISIS terrorist on Russia’s most wanted list that’s pleading to stay on humanitarian grounds? either way just because you’ve got a legal route doesn’t necessarily make you deserving or safe.
You seem to have a problem with the Irish open door policy there and are trying to create a bit of a moral panic around that regarding refugees

I'm sure you had the whole discussion before about how anyone could be a murderer or a criminal

Terrorist links should be disclosed - and it sounds like they are if we're aware these people are terrorists to begin with - as part of the asylum application. Humanitarian grounds apply to people that are at risk of:

(i) the death penalty or execution;

(ii) unlawful killing;

(iii) torture or inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment of a person in the country of return; or

(iv) serious and individual threat to a civilian’s life or person by reason of indiscriminate violence in situations of international or internal armed conflict.

On terrorists:
The past conduct of an individual is considered in Article 1F of the Refugee Convention. Where an individual has committed war crimes, crimes against humanity, terrorist acts or other serious criminal offences, the provisions of the Refugee Convention do not apply to them. They are not a Convention refugee as a result of Article 1F of the Refugee Convention, even where they would otherwise meet the definition of a refugee in Article 1A(2)

You seem to have a problem with the Irish open door policy there and are trying to create a bit of a moral panic around that regarding refugees

I'm sure you had the whole discussion before about how anyone could be a murderer or a criminal

Terrorist links should be disclosed - and it sounds like they are if we're aware these people are terrorists to begin with - as part of the asylum application. Humanitarian grounds apply to people that are at risk of:

On terrorists:
IMG_5296.jpeg
IMG_5431.jpeg
IMG_5427.jpeg
IMG_5430.jpeg

That’s him swinging a pole in Dublin

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Rishi talking in Dover today about the migrant crisis, including spending up to £6 billion. Give me strength! There's better ways to spend tax payers money. He's wanting them to share hotel rooms to save £250 million. So, until now they've all had a room to themselves. 🥺. Unbelievable. It's taken them how many years to dream up this money saving method.

Some figures for you, taken from the Express, so believe them or not. 🙄.

Last year over 45,000 people arrived in the UK in small boats.

There is a backlog of more than 170,000 applications claiming asylum.

Around 395 hotels are being used to house more than 51,000 asylum seekers at a cost of almost £7 million a DAY.
It should be surprising then that more people aren't upset about the £ billions wasted by the government during the pandemic including the £15 billion mostly paid to their mates to supply useless PPE. But it's no surprise that Sunak would prefer to hide behind the Tory manufactured asylum crisis than to address the issue of why he is obstructing the Covid enquiry. Speaking of wasting money I see he took another helicopter ride to Kent when he he could have got there by train in an hour.

And as quoted, his application for asylum will be impacted by these allegations if they are found to be correct. I would expect special measures to be taken in accommodating him and the like too

I'm not sure what the alternative is - it may be (I haven't bothered to google the legal stuff around this specifically so I may well be wrong) that he cannot be deported back to wherever because he's at risk of harm (which is the reason this new legislation won't be very effective too), other countries are not likely to accept him if that is even an option. It may also be that the country has special legislation on holding terrorist suspects in detention too
Kicking them out without exploring whether those allegations are correct seems very questionable too, we don't want to be branding absolutely everyone as a terrorist
---
On humanitarian protection and terrorism:

A claimant will not be eligible for a grant of humanitarian protection if they fall to be excluded under paragraph 339D of the Immigration Rules for one of the following reasons:
(i) there are serious reasons for considering that they have committed a crime against peace, a war crime, a crime against humanity, or any other serious crime or instigated or otherwise participated in such crimes;
(ii) there are serious reasons for considering that they have guilty of acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations or have committed, prepared or instigated such acts or encouraged or induced others to commit, prepare or instigate such acts;
(iii) there are serious reasons for considering that they constitute a danger to the community or to the security of the United Kingdom; or
(iv) there are serious reasons for considering that they have committed a serious crime; or (v) prior to their admission to the United Kingdom the person committed a crime outside the scope of (i) and (iv) that would be punishable by imprisonment were it committed in the United Kingdom and the person left their country of origin solely in order to avoid sanctions resulting from the crime.
(ii) "includes, but is not limited to, acts of terrorism and extremism"

Last edited:
And as quoted, his application for asylum will be impacted by these allegations if they are found to be correct. I would expect special measures to be taken in accommodating him and the like too

I'm not sure what the alternative is - it may be (I haven't bothered to google the legal stuff around this specifically so I may well be wrong) that he cannot be deported back to wherever because he's at risk of harm (which is the reason this new legislation won't be very effective too), other countries are not likely to accept him if that is even an option. It may also be that the country has special legislation on holding terrorist suspects in detention too
Kicking them out without exploring whether those allegations are correct seems very questionable too, we don't want to be branding absolutely everyone as a terrorist
---
On humanitarian protection and terrorism:

(ii) "includes, but is not limited to, acts of terrorism and extremism"

Why would they place these people in communities when they’re known criminals.

Reactions: 3
Do they do that?
If yes, the solution is surely to make special provisions for these people
Of course they do that’s why people are up in arms over undocumented and dangerous criminals being placed in their areas.

Reactions: 4
Of course they do that’s why people are up in arms over undocumented and dangerous criminals being placed in their areas.
Ah yes, because the local people know everyone's criminal record better than the police or the government

And now I fully expect you to come to me with 3 articles, some of which may not even be relevant, of current criminal behaviour, completely ignoring that literally anyone on the street that you pass or even your neighbours could also be criminals and we can have a million variations of this discussion that goes no where

At the end of the day, the problem is that the government has a broken asylum system which they intend to break even further and frustrate the public with their concerns even more

• Heart
Ah yes, because the local people know everyone's criminal record better than the police or the government

And now I fully expect you to come to me with 3 articles, some of which may not even be relevant, of current criminal behaviour, completely ignoring that literally anyone on the street that you pass or even your neighbours could also be criminals and we can have a million variations of this discussion that goes no where

At the end of the day, the problem is that the government has a broken asylum system which they intend to break even further and frustrate the public with their concerns even more
I could post so many, does that mean we should take on every other countries criminal’s along the way 😂 like I keep saying you’re living in cloud cuckoo land so it won’t affect you.
---
Fake fire drills the only way to evict antisocial asylum seekers, these men left on the streets without supervision.
---
Living amongst other asylum seekers in the Red Cow, Dublin I believe…
---
IMG_5364.jpeg

---
EU have their own returns policies I don’t think they’ll be too worried about the UK

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Presumably the 'Islamic terror suspect' that is seeking asylum in Ireland is not the same person as that mentioned in the other cut and paste pictures. I can't find any information about that person as The Irish Independent where the story was printed is behind a paywall.

All the other extracts seem to concern Musa Dogan. From what I can see the 'terrorist organisation' that the Turkish authorities convicted him of belonging to was the Turkish Communist Party for which he received a life sentence. The claim that he is wanted "in over 150 countries" is a distortion of the Interpol 'red notice' process under which a single country can issue a request to other countries to detain an individual pending consideration of extradition. Turkey issued such a notice to other countries but it does not mean that he is wanted by or that there is a warrant for his arrest in those countries. Both Poland and Sweden has refused to extradite him to Turkey, indeed Sweden gave him protection and the right of permanent residence. I don't know anything more about Musa Dogan but one might venture to suggest that protecting political prisoners from harsh treatment and possible torture is a key purpose of the asylum process.

Presumably the 'Islamic terror suspect' that is seeking asylum in Ireland is not the same person as that mentioned in the other cut and paste pictures. I can't find any information about that person as The Irish Independent where the story was printed is behind a paywall.

All the other extracts seem to concern Musa Dogan. From what I can see the 'terrorist organisation' that the Turkish authorities convicted him of belonging to was the Turkish Communist Party for which he received a life sentence. The claim that he is wanted "in over 150 countries" is a distortion of the Interpol 'red notice' process under which a single country can issue a request to other countries to detain an individual pending consideration of extradition. Turkey issued such a notice to other countries but it does not mean that he is wanted by or that there is a warrant for his arrest in those countries. Both Poland and Sweden has refused to extradite him to Turkey, indeed Sweden gave him protection and the right of permanent residence.
Why is he claiming asylum in Ireland then??..No it’s a different person Musa is a kurd..

Why is he claiming asylum in Ireland then??..No it’s a different person Musa is a kurd..
Yes a Turkish Kurd. I mean, really, it's not hard to find this information ... if you want to.

I don't know why you keep posting the other headline about the chap "fleeing Russian authorities", it has nothing to do with Musa Dogan.

Yes a Turkish Kurd. I mean, really, it's not hard to find this information ... if you want to.

I don't know why you keep posting the other headline about the chap "fleeing Russian authorities", it has nothing to do with Musa Dogan.
You’re the one asked if they were the same person I’m simply clarifying it for you…Musa is on this wanted list, I’m still confused why he’s in a back alley in Dublin claiming asylum when he’s already been given safety in Sweden.
Plus it seems he’s an escaped prisoner…like I’ve already mentioned criminals living amongst communities, or are you claiming Turkey are making these things up???

I’m still confused why he’s in a back alley in Dublin claiming asylum
Is there actually evidence he is claiming asylum or is this something people online have come up with?

I’ve tried looking for a source on that claim and could not find one. Someone also asked for a source in the Reddit thread and wasn’t given one

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.