Emmylou MacCarthy Emmylou Loves #10 The Real Croptop Princess of Port Melbourne Markets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s a shame really, there’s quite a few reputable influencers that promote skincare and deserve to be compensated for their work (Lab Muffin comes to mind! I also still like Leigh Campbell and the rest of the You Beauty team). I love a good sunscreen review 😂. It’s not clear to from this is it’s just these specific categories? So her blue lightstim that she says is for acne is out, but the red would be okay?

I guess having blanket rules makes it easier to crack down on people making sweeping, unscientific claims.
I don’t believe any of Leigh Campbell’s reviews. She cash for comment the same as any hack or Instagramer. Years ago when you beauty first started she posted about how wonderful bioderma micella water was and worth the price. The next week she was spruking garnier Micellla water and how it was the duck’s nuts. I commented (in ignorance not realising she was a journo) about how I thought she loved bioderma and she made some passive aggressive reply, can’t remember what now.
She will recommend whatever she is paid for.

Reactions: 7
Possibly.
Thdre goes the Chemist Warehouse collab. Wonder how this will affect her mysterious weight loss journey that she can't tell us about until she's lost weight.

If you really are going to the fete, try and mingle in the crowd when EmmyLou is doing her MC bit. Would love to hear the other parents' comments!
I am joking. 😜. But if it is the school I think it is I have friends who have a child there. Will report if they saw! Imagine explaining why I need to know. I am in the modern equivalent of a chat room.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why is she always so early for everything?
Other than two blokes playing guitar there was not a soul there.
Hey LL, as you're at your children's school fair, I'd suggest you keep your voice down when talking to friends on the internet, especially if you are going to drop the "f bomb".
Classless as usual.

Reactions: 13
Why is she always so early for everything?
Other than two blokes playing guitar there was not a soul there.
Hey LL, as you're at your children's school fair, I'd suggest you keep your voice down when talking to friends on the internet, especially if you are going to drop the "f bomb".
Classless as usual.
Can’t stand her own company and moping around at home with her face in a bag of Cheezels, so she gets back out into public as quickly as she can.

Reactions: 4
I don’t believe any of Leigh Campbell’s reviews. She cash for comment the same as any hack or Instagramer. Years ago when you beauty first started she posted about how wonderful bioderma micella water was and worth the price. The next week she was spruking garnier Micellla water and how it was the duck’s nuts. I commented (in ignorance not realising she was a journo) about how I thought she loved bioderma and she made some passive aggressive reply, can’t remember what now.
She seems so bitchy and fake IMO. Will sprook anything for a buck. Marley spoon, the cleaning company Lazylou uses, milk run, one day she is telling her fans to use Pantene as she has been using it for months, the next day it’s Aveda etc. Which is it?

She wants another baby but is overwhelmed with her toddler.

Reactions: 5
Poor Sage, the buffoon is MCing at the school fair.

I wonder if she is getting paid?! Or if the kids are even going?! No sight of them this morning?!

Not a mention of that Bali tit for weeks now hocking it because 40% off. She really could sell so much more if she wore it more.

Reactions: 2
I was given a pair by my daughter about 2 years ago and I love them. She’s since bought me a couple more as presents and I have to say that none of them have shrunk and they’ve worn really well. I would never give Sophie any of my $$ LOL but I can see why people buy them. I’ve bought Kmart & Target ones recently too but none of them feel as nice on and my local store never have a good range. I live regionally too so don’t have a lot of choice. I used to buy Peter Alexander but their quality has gone down hugely. I think with Covid, Cachia really found a gap in the market and have taken advantage of it. I usually have a shower when I get home from work and out them on as lounge wear.

I can’t stand Sophie but I can see why the pj brand has been successful.
I chalk that up to Leah betts

I can’t believe how little support her crop tops give her when lightly walking. She’s got small pancake tits, she was walking fairly slowly this morning, but the bouncing was crazy. Why?? Why not by supportive undergarments for exercising? They might not result in a months long festy rash too? I swear every single decision she makes is weird af.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
She seems so bitchy and fake IMO. Will sprook anything for a buck. Marley spoon, the cleaning company Lazylou uses, milk run, one day she is telling her fans to use Pantene as she has been using it for months, the next day it’s Aveda etc. Which is it?

She wants another baby but is overwhelmed with her toddler.
Agree. Influencers are flogs who will sell their souls for some free product or kickbacks. They aren't passionate about anything they spriuk, they are passionate about free tit, not having to work hard, being able to stay home, getting overpaid and being z list celebs.

Further to my last comment, this is timely. I'm so over influencers and hope it fades into oblivion. The entitlement just blows my mind and many of them are really losing their grip on reality.

Anyway, back to Emmy Lou.

Reactions: 6
Poor Sage, the buffoon is MCing at the school fair.

I wonder if she is getting paid?! Or if the kids are even going?! No sight of them this morning?!

Not a mention of that Bali tit for weeks now hocking it because 40% off. She really could sell so much more if she wore it more.
I’ve always wondered why would you buy off a website where if it doesn’t fit you can’t return and get money back only credit and her T&C’s state no returns on sale items. Wonder if her tribe know what a scammer she is.. surely that’s not legal?

Agree. Influencers are flogs who will sell their souls for some free product or kickbacks. They aren't passionate about anything they spriuk, they are passionate about free tit, not having to work hard, being able to stay home, getting overpaid and being z list celebs.

Further to my last comment, this is timely. I'm so over influencers and hope it fades into oblivion. The entitlement just blows my mind and many of them are really losing their grip on reality.

Anyway, back to Emmy Lou.
I called Leigh out in a PM about about claiming to use Pantene for weeks and started using Aveda. She call me a troll and shared my message. Then I had her followers slamming me. This was last year. Influencers should just make their own country and leave us alone.

I’ve always wondered why would you buy off a website where if it doesn’t fit you can’t return and get money back only credit and her T&C’s state no returns on sale items. Wonder if her tribe know what a scammer she is.. surely that’s not legal?
That is why so many are selling ZM on Facebook. No wonder they flock to pop up shops as they have no idea what to buy.

Reactions: 8
I can't believe people watch influencers as anything more than idle entertainment, like a tv show you don't have to invest too much time and energy in ... people that blindly follow and fangirl/buy everything must be a different breed...

Reactions: 7
I wonder if she gets around this new rule because seemingly she's the one who has purchased these enmasse and is trying to then sell them? She's not being paid by a company to promote them she's just scamming all on her own.

Definitely legal. I’ve worked for government consumer affairs type departments and community legal centres for 15+ years and deliver presentations as on Australian Consumer Law as part of my current role.

Stores do not have to refund (or even store credit) for what is considered change of mind. Buying something that doesn’t fit comes into this. They only have to give refunds if faulty, it doesn’t meet description etc. Many stores choose to do more than the legal requirement so it pays to read refund/exchange policies before buying anything, particularly online.

Reactions: 6
And it begins, influencers are complaining and whining about the new TGA influencers rules. I am not talking just one story. But multiple stories plus talking into the phone.

• Haha
And it begins, influencers are complaining and whining about the new TGA influencers rules. I am not talking just one story. But multiple stories plus talking into the phone.
I cannot wait
This is just the start I reckon...
So it should be for medical grade products! Next .. makeup, food!
so lazy loo can still flog oils and her crappy Esme vitamins or not?

I can’t wait to see what this means for influencers who get paid mostly on these products. They might have to go find actual jobs.

I just posted over on the Trashy Bines feed, about how will this be policed and by who? They don't declare #spon #ad #gifted etc now and nothing gets done about it

Reactions: 3
After having a squizz at Leah’s insta, I agree - all the bags are real. She went to MLC, her fam take her overseas a heap, she’s from a cashed up fam and working for EL must be some bizarre social experiment 😂
Leah doesn't hide her FB friends and there's someone there I think is her Dad. And if I'm right, he's had a long and apparently successful career in hospitality and works in a hotel in Bali (unless covid stuffed that up)! I agree, this is a social experiment :ROFLMAO:

Some of her designer items are probably duty free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.