Emmylou MacCarthy #9 Emmylou Loves: Poppin’ pingers with Cheezel fingers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was always cooking and chatting away, when is the last time we saw her in the kitchen? Maybe it’s too much without Aaron, he probably did way more behind the scenes for cooking then she ever let on.
Agree less time being in the kitchen etc…I think Aaron was unfortunately about the “show”…snide remark’s etc

Reactions: 4
IMO, its her narcissist personality coming through… We all go through stages of when we love a piece of clothing, but, we change shape, put on a few kgs, and then use that piece of our favourite clothing as an incentive to get back into it. In the mean time we dress to suit our body. She on the other hand, says she refuses to get rid of it, and that’s ok, but then parades herself in it, gets negative comments, and then contradicts herself and says she just chooses something different to wear in the meantime? but she doesn’t.
So why don’t you EL? You’ve got a whole appropriate wardrobe of ZM….WTF…🤦🏼‍♀️🤷‍♀️
I could be very wrong and absolutely happy to be told otherwise as i havent followed her for long, but i do think its nice she doesnt photoshop these photos.
One of my biggest gripes on social media is how unbelievably manufactured every post has to be. She is just out here with her lumps and bumps on display and I think it resonates with her "community" who can literally see themselves in her.

Dont get me wrong, she still looks heaps better in her zoe moss clothes, they are a tonne more flattering, but this was one thing i did notice.

Reactions: 11
IMO, its her narcissist personality coming through… We all go through stages of when we love a piece of clothing, but, we change shape, put on a few kgs, and then use that piece of our favourite clothing as an incentive to get back into it. In the mean time we dress to suit our body. She on the other hand, says she refuses to get rid of it, and that’s ok, but then parades herself in it, gets negative comments, and then contradicts herself and says she just chooses something different to wear in the meantime? but she doesn’t.
So why don’t you EL? You’ve got a whole appropriate wardrobe of ZM….WTF…🤦🏼‍♀️🤷‍♀️
So why if she's had it for years havent we seen it before??
Heaven knows she is a lot bigger than she was two years ago so I don't get what she's talking about?
Is she making out it didn't fit her previously but it APPARENTLY does now?

Reactions: 8
Have you ever noticed when she buys/acquires something new, she wears it to death like she has no other clothes, or just so she is able to name drop. Like the 'Windsor Smith' shoes purchased in 3 different colours... 🙄 all of a sudden, the white runners are non existent when she 'dresses up'

Reactions: 9
I could be very wrong and absolutely happy to be told otherwise as i havent followed her for long, but i do think its nice she doesnt photoshop these photos.
One of my biggest gripes on social media is how unbelievably manufactured every post has to be. She is just out here with her lumps and bumps on display and I think it resonates with her "community" who can literally see themselves in her.

Dont get me wrong, she still looks heaps better in her zoe moss clothes, they are a tonne more flattering, but this was one thing i did notice.
Yep no filters - I appreciate that

Reactions: 9

The non photoshop wasn't what stood out for me first, it's the complete narcissism of this, and all all other posts. A vague caption but look at moi. Look at the post prior, it's just an attempt to posts lots of photos in a grid that she loves of herself. What normal, everyday person posts like this? I think the bigger problem is we all used to genuinely follow her because once upon a time she was authentic, had unique and relatable content, now she just wrecks of narcissism. She is now just like every other brand fluencer packaged up differently.

Reactions: 6
I dont get what's so good about the dress? It looks like a freebie beach towel you get if you buy specially marked packs of sunscreen 🤷‍♀️
Pretty sure those dresses were being sold at Costco recently

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The non photoshop wasn't what stood out for me first, it's the complete narcissism of this, and all all other posts. A vague caption but look at moi. Look at the post prior, it's just an attempt to posts lots of photos in a grid that she loves of herself. What normal, everyday person posts like this? I think the bigger problem is we all used to genuinely follow her because once upon a time she was authentic, had unique and relatable content, now she just wrecks of narcissism. She is now just like every other brand fluencer packaged up differently.
I agree with most of what you are saying but not the part about being followers.
Most/many here have always seen her as a train wreck who has become more and more problematic over the years.
It's quite possible that some of the newer members were once followers who have jumped ship but I definitely wouldn't agree with "we all used to genuinely follow her"

Reactions: 13
I definitely appreciate the lumps n bumps no photoshop (tho there was that fisheye lens at the bball the other day, but that seemed an anomaly). Even, to some extent, the oversharing re: fungal rashes + massacre periods… bodies are messy and we all have them and there’s something refreshing about having them openly discussed. It strikes me as the kind of thing say Abbie Chatfield might do.. it contributes to lessening silly stigmas + helping people feel less shame abt themselves.

But I one hundo think she does it primarily to be ‘relatable’ to her audience and so build engagement and adoration from her ‘community’. And in this, I find what’s fascinating. The struggling w three kids + health concerns + body changes after babies + feeling down on yourself but trying to love yourself anyway, blah blah is all so ‘typical suburban Mum’. But the swanning about- ridiculously over (and expensively!) dressed- to e-grade ‘celebrity’ occasions, on school nights, several times a week? The increasingly frequent $70 steak dinners (alone) at restaurants? And now- most outrageously of all- the ‘last minute’ popping off alone down to a ‘health retreat’ for a week, DURING the thick of the school term? How on earth is ANY of that relatable to the ‘average Suburban Mum’?! How does she maintain the interest and commitment of her audience? So much of what she does would appear grossly unobtainable to so many watching, and not just because of the financials, but because of the seeming ease with which she can abdicate responsibility for her children on a regular basis. With an ease that is facilitated not just by her (extremely permissive and flexible-seeming!) parenting arrangement, but also by her ready ability to abandon any feelings of guilt for the instability this all creates in their lives. I’m simply , constitutionally incapable of being so blasé abt my son’s feeling and needs and routines and I’d wager a majority of Mums on here are the same

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve been binge watching Inventing Anna, So much of her attitude and thought process reminds me of our basic witch Emmy Lou, inventing herself into Ms Delvey.

Just realised I’m laying in bed at 10.15pm in the dark scrolling Tattle with my fat little hand in a party bag of Cheezels 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I dont get what's so good about the dress? It looks like a freebie beach towel you get if you buy specially marked packs of sunscreen 🤷‍♀️
Yes!! I legit through it was a LeTan dress when I saw it 😳 100% no joke. Something about the font and that orange and red bit looks like an umbrella.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No sleeves and high neck has to be one of the hardest silhouettes for any body shape to pull off. Then she wants to be praised for how brave she is for dressing so badly 🤣

Reactions: 6
I’ve been binge watching Inventing Anna, So much of her attitude and thought process reminds me of our basic witch Emmy Lou, inventing herself into Ms Delvey.
Absolutely.. the only difference is Anna ripped off banks to fund her delusional lifestyle. Emmy has used overpriced aprons, oils and light stims. I think this is one of the craziest parts of her story. I have no doubt she has made a lot of money through her scams and “I’m not an influencer and I don’t accept freebies” style of influencing, but she has nothing substantial to show for it. Sure, she probably has a room full of butchered designer clothes.. but I think the majority of her money goes towards creating the illusion she is some type of celebrity. She sunk her own money into producing television shows about herself, even after it was pretty clear that the networks weren’t interested. She asked her followers to pay to attend her birthday party, where she showcased a dance routine she had flown to NYC to learn. She pays someone to follow her around filming her eat breakfast and get her eyebrows done FFS. I’m actually surprised that Emmy hasn’t been the subject of a Netflix Series yet.

I started following her cos I thought who is this ridiculous person running around Collins St in her undies......I couldn't look away 😂😂😂

• Haha
Re: Inventing Anna

The rich never use their own money to risk it. They always take out loans. The banks take on the risk hoping for a return. That is how the rich stay rich.

Unlike lazylou, she has been spending her own money to fund TV shows, Logies, magazines etc.

Absolutely lol-ing at the notion that “we all used to follow her.” Like nah, for me she’s always been a hilarious car crash of a fuckwit I couldn’t look away from 😂

I also don’t reckon she’s anything like Anna Delvey. Emmy’s a mad opportunist, but all her tit products at least exist. She’s not forcing anyone to buy them. ALL influencers are a sad indictment on how utterly lame most adult women are in being ‘influenced’ to believe, act, and buy things they don’t need coz some person they think is interesting/attractive tells them to. The whole notion of influencing is utterly absurd but women lap it up then comment about buying whatever tit their heroes are shilling, hoping that somehow it’ll get them closer to the lives they seemingly find enviable. EL does this particularly well because she’s the exact kid of person who would be easily influenced - lonely, boring, sad, middle age lady with no mates, forever looking for a quick fix to paper over the cracks of her life and desperate for a ‘community’ of fake mates. She is her target audience which is why she resonates so well with them. If she wasn’t utterly unscrupulous and didn’t have hustle, she be just like them, commenting on Bec Judd’s Instagram “Omg where is that lippy from???”, with absolutely no intention of ever buying it, just hoping for a reply to make her feel validated.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.