Emmylou MacCarthy #6 Emmylou loves… the ladies want A Love, Em’s started to snap, her crop top’s as tight as her swimming cap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seeing all these new people coming across from GOMI brings a little tear to my eye :') so happy you figured out where to find us from that censored comment.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Welcome all the newbies!
Holy hell thy comparison is next level! She’s massive compared to pre-gunt removal!
just goes to show she probably thought this was a quick fix that would make her slim and she has continues eating the ridiculous amounts food

Reactions: 7
I'm really pleased to get another perspective of LLs surgery as it just doesn't look right.
In fact, she actually looks worse now than before.
Surely she would be having huge regrets about spending that sort of money for such a poor return.
The issue is she didn't lose weight before the surgery which she should have. Her doctor is reputable and has a very good name (I have a friend that is a nurse and she has spoken highly of him). If I was her I would be having massive regrets.

Reactions: 10
The issue is she didn't lose weight before the surgery which she should have. Her doctor is reputable and has a very good name (I have a friend that is a nurse and she has spoken highly of him). If I was her I would be having massive regrets.
If he was a reputable doctor he wouldnt have gone h the through with the surgery on her because she didn’t lose the weight.

Reactions: 8
I agree with that. I haven't been to him personally but he does have a good name here in Melbourne 🤷🏻‍♀️
i guess at the end of the day if the patient gives informed consent, then some surgeons will proceed. he would have advised her that the outcome would not be ideal given her weight at the time of surgery but people will just hear what they want to hear. although, i would personally have thought that as it's an elective procedure and wasn't medically necessary, and given that she was unlikely to have a good outcome due to her size, the risk of anaesthesia (which is much higher in morbidly obese people) would outweigh the potential benefit of the surgery. i think most of the literature on bariatric surgery suggests that a large proportion of patients end up not losing very much weight and it probably is largely to do with the surgery not addressing the reasons why they are overweight in the first place.

Reactions: 7
Welcome GOMI-ers 🎉
Big influx of GOMI-ers thanks to the person who mentioned this website. I was sick of getting booted off GOMI when I hadn't even commented I was mostly lurking. Was too much of a hassle waiting for Alice to let me back in so was happy to discover this site

• Heart
Reactions: 8
i guess at the end of the day if the patient gives informed consent, then some surgeons will proceed. he would have advised her that the outcome would not be ideal given her weight at the time of surgery but people will just hear what they want to hear. although, i would personally have thought that as it's an elective procedure and wasn't medically necessary, and given that she was unlikely to have a good outcome due to her size, the risk of anaesthesia (which is much higher in morbidly obese people) would outweigh the potential benefit of the surgery. i think most of the literature on bariatric surgery suggests that a large proportion of patients end up not losing very much weight and it probably is largely to do with the surgery not addressing the reasons why they are overweight in the first place.
it wasn’t bariatric surgery but cosmetic surgery with repair abdominal separation and two hernias thrown in to make it look less elective and more medically required.

I do not know what she expected but I can only assume she anticipated that a flat tummy would make her look slim. Her surgeon would have explained the procedure (he actually is a highly regarded plastic surgeon) and I doubt he would have told her this surgery would give her a slim figure.

Reactions: 9
This wasn't technically baratric surgery though, she had fat removed, not any portion of her actual stomach. Most people have baratric surgery THEN have the excess skin or gunt removal ie Simone Anderson and like her or dislike her, Simone is the poster child for post bariatric surgery success. Gunt removal is also common for women who are done having kids, cos that apron is uncomfortable etc. Ive had 2 friends who have had it, one smaller, one a larger lady with great results.
Typical for our Yo Yo Mumma, she hasn't committed to any post surgery healthy eating or exercise plan, she just ate like a pig and has only started this made up bootcamp bullshit now. There's plenty of fitness instructors that deal with post this type of surgery workouts, but Mrs Know All Know Nothing wouldn't have researched that part. Any surgery like that is a tool, it's up to the individual to maintain and work hard with the tool.
I'm surprised she didn't have a Gastric sleeve first, I was sure that what she was going to do, then have the gunt removed but I think she just likes her food too much to committ to that type of surgery.

Reactions: 6
What was the surgery she had years ago? Lap banding? Didn’t she have that removed because it made her feel uncomfortable? And you know, full?

• Haha
Her spending is always out of control like her eating and most other habits! However I actually like she is buying the kids new things for once.
She’s always buying the kids new stuff. I’ve been following her for a few years now and never have I heard her mention hand me downs or shopping at op shops/savers etc.

Reactions: 1
I have a family member who had two major surgeries in four months. Open heart surgery and spinal surgery. Yes they put on 8 kilos during heart surgery due to the fluids and meds (swelling) but it was gone in a few days when they could use the bathroom. Not once did they flog the excuse swelling months later like Emmy did. Yes they needed help fro the whole family on how to get up. No fancy armchairs for us. Honestly we babied the family member and told them not to do stuff or drive longer than doctor ordered. Sure different surgery and different outcomes and different bodies. She has tagged her surgeon on her stories, word will get around that his work on her is terrible. Plus we did not decide during their two recoveries to clean out the shed. One tip a surgeon gave us, I can do the best surgery in the world. If the patient doesn’t follow the recovery plan the surgery was a waste. For example spinal surgery you cannot bend for 6 months. Family member did it for a year to make sure the recovery and outcome were in their favour. Extra cautious I know but you know what no complications or pain in his spine while others still suffer pain. Doctors are shocked. When you have surgery you need to put in the effort and time for recovery.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.