Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Behelzabobs

VIP Member
I'm glad they haven't dragged it out with faith but I'm fed up of can hating her 😭 I'm bored!!!!!
I’m so sick of Cain playing the hurt son card
It wouldn’t be so bad if he had led a blameless life but he’s been a ratbag for years and a rubbish dad until recently
Urgh and when Sarah calls him ‘grumpy’ 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
Jamie and his wife are also terrible actors. They need to pick better new actors.
Andrea always sounds like she has a cold. Jamie is awful, he used to be alright but now he's attempting to come across as a villain like Kim, its just not working out 😂
Cant stand Will & Dawn. The Malone storyline was crap now this storyline their doing now is boring as well!

Used to be really good a few years ago now its gone rubbish!

Behelzabobs

VIP Member
Wendy's shyness about sex lasted long didn't it?
I don't even want to think about the atrocious Top Gun cosplay scenes afterwards.
I thought that
One speech from Bob and the lippy was on, a new dress and she was raring to go 😳 and then wanted seconds

• Haha

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
It was so obvious that it was a fake kidnapping 😴 they need to get rid of the 3 of them (Paul, Vinny & Mandy) Lisa Riley is shocking and looks awful (sorry) Vinny needs to sort his miserable face out and don't get me started on Paul!!

I don't mind Liv she could do well better than annoying Vinny

I reckon Manpreet and Charles are gonna get back together

Ethan is sooooooooo annoying. Get out of everyone's bloody business

So, in a tiny village in Yorkshire, Charles and Ethan rock up and Ethan already has history with Luke and now this Manpreet/Saira nonsense. Also, it's taken them long enough to discover each other again - they've been in the village a while and only just run into Manpreet? Absolute pony.

Kat5998

VIP Member
In this weeks TV mag, you’ve got to me kidding me
B7EA7F3B-5015-4535-965E-5635398BBF80.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Why do soap villains never get to face proper justice for their sins by facing a court of law and getting sent to prison but instead get killed off e.g. Phelan & Geoff in Corrie and now Paul? I always feel a bit cheated and it’s too much of a cop out. I think it’s because we would have to wait a few months for their case to come up in court and the actor would probably not come back to film the court scenes so they would have to do an off camera court case and just have one of the characters say ‘they got 10 years’.

I wish we’d at least got to see a confrontation between Mandy & Paul which is one off the reasons I feel cheated

Chita

VIP Member
So, in a tiny village in Yorkshire, Charles and Ethan rock up and Ethan already has history with Luke and now this Manpreet/Saira nonsense. Also, it's taken them long enough to discover each other again - they've been in the village a while and only just run into Manpreet? Absolute pony.

The writers have got form with nonsense.

Remember when Lisa left Zak and she suddenly moved to a cottage in Scotland?
Why Scotland ? The character had no ties there.
Then when they needed a story to write Debbie out to cover maternity leave they suddenly invented a Garage in Scotland that Lisa had inherited.
The inheritance came from a man who had "taken a shine to her."
Thats what Zak said.
No further explanation.

They just invent stuff out of the blue with no fleshing out and nothing is realistic or believable.
Yet when they do have something believable they just forget about it.
Remember when Sam was married to Alice? They moved to a chicken farm in Norfolk. Alice's Dad left it to her, then when she died it went to Sam.

The Dingle's are always skint but no mention of that farm was made again.
We even had a storyline of Sam being unable to pay his way not long after that.
Er, he could have sold that chicken farm.

And they just invent qualifications.
Marlon read a few cook books, bought some Chef's clothes and then became a Chef overnight.
No lead up to him getting qualified.

Debbie - mechanic overnight. As if by magic.

And now the sweetie factory is gone, what does Jai actually do for a living?
I can accept that Rishi was a wealthy man with lots of businesses and investments before he came to the Village, but Jai's job was the Sweet packing business.
So what does he do now?

And what is Kim's business exactly?

And Laurel? Not long ago she was struggling for money.

Jimmy and his invisible lorry haulage business - again, how does he make a living? Where's the realism.

Bob was literally homeless not so long ago. Now he does a few shifts in the empty Pub or empty Café and can't really be earning much to live on but he's no longer destitute.

And how are Brenda and Nicola earning a living??

And I still dont understand how Moira manages her business with no helpers.

I need to get a life, don't I?

:ROFLMAO::LOL::D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Any sign on when they are getting rid of Mandy, christ she is brutal.
I watch Classic Emmerdale on ITV3 and Mandy was brilliant back then. A lovely bubbly character and quite natural with it. They are currently in 1999 and the Mandy, Trisha, Bernice trio behind the bar works really well with Bernice acting superior as their manager and Mandy & Trisha united in their frustrations with her.

Mandy’s serious acting was subtle and not over the top.

Fast forward to 2021 and I don’t know what’s happened to Lisa Riley’s acting but she is so OTT. The growling and face pulling she does when doing ‘comedy’ storylines and then the grimacing and even more face pulling she does during more serious scenes are hard for me to watch as she’s really struggling to just ‘act’. I don’t know if it’s due to the social distancing so she feels she has to act to people far away like you would do in a theatre so that the people in the back row can see what you are doing.

Lisa needs to watch herself back on ITV3 to teach herself how to act again

Last edited:
  • Heart

Renata

VIP Member
They could have found someone better to play the Meena character- her acting is forced

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
I do like Charles the new vicar. He seems relatively normal and down to earth with hopefully no skeletons in his closet: unless it turns out he’s done something horrible to Ethan’s mum like bury her under the floorboards of their old house or something in which case I take back everything I’ve just said

• Haha

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
The storylines are truly awful at the moment. We've been regular viewers for decades but we just record it now and seem to fast forward through most of it.

Whoever started the Mandy/Paul/Vinnie storyline should be shot. It's that bad.

• Haha

Leo100

VIP Member
Anyone else think it's Cathy or heath bullying April online or is that too obvious? It wasn't that long ago Cathy was being nasty to her now she's sticking up for her

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Just caught up on the funeral episodes and noticed she was back above ground.

It's so boring at the moment , not one storyline I care about. However i want someone to rub that smirk off gabby face , I don't know whether to believe she's pregnant.
She really is I'm afraid. Awful storyline. Should have let the character go and be a normal school leaver/uni student, but instead have her dressing like Kim and smirking all over the Dales. Ridiculous.

I really can't stand Ethan still, moany, chip on his shoulder twat, plus the dr and her sister? Ergh, def worse storyline right now!

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I'm probably the only one who doesn't like the meena storyline 😬 it was good to have something going on but it was too rushed and random for me
Some things were really stupid like 1. Did Liam not notice a tin box and charity money pot in the bag? 2. Why did Leanna run to the church? Surely you’d go to the pub where it has the most people? 3. When Meena rolled her off the bridge she was horizontal, so why was she shown to be on the floor vertical?