Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
Emma's joined the ranks of influencers having covid buffets. Shared utensils and snacks in shared bowls are definitely a no go at the minute.
Screenshot_20210411-110338_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

Lizz17uk

VIP Member
Also, she got worked up about putting weight on, which is understandable, I’ve been there. However, it was 1.1 pounds which is 500g...that’s literally nothing? I was so understanding of her talk about putting on weight, because I go through similar issues with scales and measurements, but surely that’s such a small amount to get upset about? It just shows that her journey with her body and health is not as far along as she is claiming!
I can put that much on just eating dinner sometimes 🤣🤣🤣 if I worried about putting on that little I would be a bloody nervous wreck! I think she def still has major issues with her weight sadly....surely it’s not normal to get so worked up over such a small amount!

Lizz17uk

VIP Member
Building works (or whatever that noise is) go on for a few hours at most during the day... if you’re actually dedicated to growing your channel, you can work around those.

Close your windows, move to another room, do a video with a voice-over, there are plenty of options.
Totally agree! I live in a block of flats, been working from home the last year, every Tuesday bar a couple the gardeners come and all day they are mowing and strinming etc....I have to have teams meetings or calls and I just have to work around it or apologise for the noise.....lady this morning in my team has neighbours doing building work, all she did was moved to another room the other side of the hour and apologised to us if we could hear it....imagine if we were all calling in to our employer moaning that we couldn’t work because it was too noisy outside our house! Honestly she is beginning to become a bit of a joke with all these excuses I think!

SequinLover

What was that raised eyebriw all about when she showed Tim working at his PC.

This is what normal people do Emma, they work, all day, at computers all day, working.

Not many people get paid to make videos about stewing apples, dressing up like make believe characters and go for walks with their mates.

Liz9229

I was literally about to come in here to say the same thing. Like you said I know everyone handles it differently but she’s been a lot more social than 99% of people! And her income hasn’t seemed to suffer like a lot of us! And if it is then not much considering she can afford to drop £300+ on two items of clothes! 🙈 she came across very bratty, “I’ve spent most of my 23rd and 24th year at home” yes like all of us! At least you’re still working! And earning decent money! I’m working and living month to month cause I’m self employed and my income almost came to a standstill, it was so scary!! That was probably all waffle but it annoyed me so much!

Also why is Tim “trying” lactose free cheese and then she goes through the rest of the shopping and shows a bunch of full dairy lactose items, some of us have to eat lactose free stuff because of health problems and people “trying” it means there are less for us people that can’t eat regular cheese

Last edited:

Metamorpheuse13

Is she joking? This has to be some running joke, is she secretly in a mockumentary about lazy YouTubers? Or maybe its a social experiment? 😂
She needs to just upload the weekly vlogs and say she uploads once per week. Have everything else be an extra. She sucks at this

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
I understand Emma's lack of creativity and motivation due to lockdown. Its hard to come up with a new idea when everyday is the same.
However, I think she simply doesn't want to upload videos that doesn't generate any profit for her. And that totally makes sense because that is her job !

And yes youtube videos generate good $$ but I bet her main chunk of income is the brand deals, then money from her videos must be like a bonus.

I don't want to sound like a hater but or anything but obviously she doesn't have the inspiration to create a fun video when there's no money behind as motivation... and creating "free" videos about her using products she just 'loves' and there's no sponsorship, affiliate link or anything behind that doesn't suit her business model anymore.

Imagine you being in your 9-5 as an accountant or whatever and doing something for free ... would you be as motivated?

Don't want to sound rude or sound like I'm defending her. I'm just sharing my perspective and thats the truth of her job but simply uses the excuse of not feeling motivated...
But when you're an accountant, you put work in to get the paid work. You trained for free. In fact, you paid for your degree. You maybe put in overtime or attend conferences for free. Many jobs require some level of extra free stuff- like people who go home and do courses or find ways of improving their skills. I have two jobs- one proper job and one business I own. For both, I paid to train and spend hours each week using my "free time" to learn things, keep up to date with the market. I do promotion and marketing for my business. That doesn't make me money but I need to put in the groundwork to GET the paid work.
Emma needs to put up with doing the free stuff to get the recognition and interest for paid brand deals.

• Heart

Bilbo16

VIP Member
I’d like to see a realistic self care routine from someone to be honest. Tidying up your space, opening the windows, washing your hair...

I’m in a bit of a negative space at the moment and this morning I cleaned my flat and honestly it’s really made me feel so much better

• Heart
This is what pisses me off about influencers, they count everything that isn’t literally sitting on their ass staring into space as “work”.

Nnew

I don't understand why that reel has had so many views?!?!?! Its literally two people awkwardly jumping around. If that's #couplegoals then people don't expect much from a relationship do they?
You can literally cut the viewer count by 4 times .... I’m certain people watch it, then watch it again in confusion at what they saw, watch it again laughing then show their mate and say look at these two idiots

• Haha

LittleMissSassyPants

the stupid thing is as well she could make the cleaning and tidying part of her video!! she could literally clean and tidy her house on work time but instead lives in a sess pit and claims to not have any time to do anything, yet does nothing besides workout and meets friends?

Reactions: 11

jjeett

Chatty Member
I think it’s @cherryzuk on Instagram
(As far as I can see Emma doesn’t even follow their Instagram page)
Thanks! I sent them a message on their website saying their marketing choices are a bit tasteless and something more charitable might do them good. I used a fake email for anyone wanting to do the same

SequinLover

They do say that living together is a really serious test for a relationship! Many couples are perfectly happy when living apart, but that first year together is a make or break. Maybe for them, it was a break?
The thing is the last year hasn't really been a normal situation to be living together for the first time. I think even the strongest of relationships will have been put under pressure whilst all this is going on.

AnaKarina23

She has changed so much and not for the better

my sister used to watch her videos when she used to daily vlog back in the day and she was lovely. She had a job and just seemed like a normal (if slightly insecure) girl

My mid teenage daughters now watch her videos and I would really rather they didnt. She tries so hard to portray this untrue down to earth golden girl who likes nice things image

I find her lazy. The constant excuses for missing videos are laughable. She once uploaded a video full of woe is me oh why isn’t my channel growing pity, meanwhile in the same video said several times that she couldn’t be bothered filming videos and had fallen out of love with you tube.......... well maybe that’s why your channel isn’t growing!! Stop being lazy, make some effort, and stick to your upload schedule.

I have actually had a chat with my daughters about how unhealthy her attitude towards both food and excercise is. They are at the age where things like that affect them and I felt like I couldn’t let them continue to watch her dishing out fitness and nutrition advice (which is actually damaging!) without saying something

I also hate the way she throws money around while making out she’s so careful with money and doesn’t know whether she should buy **insert extravagant item here* . She goes back and forth, looking for her followers to reassure her that her ridiculous purchases are a good idea and that she’s right to buy the things is almost like trying to justify what she does

This is actually something I’ve thought about and would like peoples input on: what do you think made Soph’s channel take off and not Emma’s?

Is it just her consistency? Less annoying channel name? Content not all over the place?

I would have figured the exposure from collabing with Soph so many times would have made her grow more, but that obviously wasn’t the case.
I think it could be just what you’ve said. Soph was consistent, she uploaded when she said she would and stuck to her schedule

Soph was also clever enough to know her audience and film content that her audience would relate to.

Emma somehow saw herself as superior to Sophs audience and regularly said she was appealing to an “older market” and not the “young teens” that made up Sophs audience....... that didn’t really work did it Emma? Sophs “young teens” interacted with her videos and bought her merch. That’s what made her channel take off

Soph didn’t end up having to pay out thousands to make her own merch and wasn’t left with hundreds of mugs cluttering up her house because they barley sell!

Last edited:

Bluelipstick

VIP Member
I don't know why she doesn't start editing the vlog in the week and do a little bit every day, then Sunday would be easier!

The maths definitely don't track... How can she have a six week cycle while simultaneously using her period as an excuse for something in nearly every single vlog??

• Haha

Nnew

Ive done the maths on the reel ..... 1.9million people viewed it .... 119000 likes .... so 1 in 16 people who watched it liked it .... thats 6.25% .... so i mean thats not quite "everyone is loving it" .... in fact id say 6.25% is a pretty rubbish like to view rate .... statistics dont lie 😂

• Heart

spongey

VIP Member
Emma's joined the ranks of influencers having covid buffets. Shared utensils and snacks in shared bowls are definitely a no go at the minute. View attachment 524052
She's the prime example of people that have to stretch the rules to the limit. She's jumped straight to having the maximum number of people round to her garden as soon as the rules allow, without taking a moment to actually think about what's sensible.

I hated the way her and Tim went for a nice walk a couple of weekends ago to mark their "last weekend of just the two of them"... says it all really 🙄