Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

spongey

VIP Member
Apparently a hedge is getting trimmed. Probably only dogs can hear it but she'll make it a reason not to do any work today, I'm sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Bluelipstick

VIP Member
Giving up spinning was a bit of a lightbulb moment for me. I realised I was only working out to get smaller and spinning killed my bad back, but I did it twice a week, because it's a good calorie burner!

I actually hate spinning! And now that I work out to feel good mentally and improve my back, I know I can do movement that brings me joy instead of making me miserable and sore and I'm way happier. Can't wait till dance classes can start again.

The mentality of ‘must do all these workouts’ is obsessive and dangerous and also very triggering. That's 7-8 workouts a week plus walking 10,000 steps (4 or 5 miles!!) every day. I sometimes only manage to exercise twice a week and a couple of years ago, her content would have made me feel like shit for that.

Kiki13

Sidebar to all the relationship talk but hiring a video editor can't be going well if it's taking weeks at a time to get an out of date video uploaded, first her favourites from this month and she hasn't uploaded her baking video yet this month either - could be due to all the stress of whatever's going on with her and Tim but I have a funny feeling things aren't working out with her editor as well as she'd hoped, I wonder who's fault it is though
When she said something in a past vlog about a back and forth to "make sure it's right for me, like me but better" I just knew nothing would ever be good enough for her. She's going to be one of those nightmare clients who can't do shit themselves but thinks they can do it all.ans so are never, ever happy with what's given to them.

Lurker2867

Chatty Member
The entitled attitude is something else! Like really moaning about people WORKING and making noise when you literally sit on your arse or go out with your mates all day everyday I actually used to really like Emma but this lock down had really shown what a entitled privileged spoilt brat. I’m deleting her on everything
At this point she just seems like a wannabe socialite, rich girl than a youtuber 🙄 she belongs on Made In Chelsea - although she wouldn’t turn up for the shooting days 😅

• Haha

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
You put way more effort into these than Emma does for her job 🥺
Haha, a solid 20 minutes of vlog watching. I'm so drained now, might have a nap and chill 😅

We all know influencers' jobs aren't like ours, but Emma seems to think she's relatable and just living the life of a normal 20 something.....

• Haha

Melier

VIP Member
This project 10 pan is pointless if she’s going to get her friends to send her their leftover PR!! And go and do a massive skincare haul 🙃

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Not going to university severely stunted her. You can tell. Not everyone needs to go to tertiary education, don’t get me wrong. But she is so lazy, unmotivated, and lost.
I didn’t go to Uni, but did go straight into the world of work, and I’ve now been in my workplace for over 10 years. I think whether it’s college/Uni/work or whatever, it’s character building and really helps you to form a balanced organised routine, and you get to meet loads of people along the way. I know she had a job briefly but I really don’t think you can compare it.
I just think she never really made any friends that weren’t from school, and never had that experience in a routine driven workplace. I really do think it helps you massively.

Cutlass

I used to enjoy Emma’s weekly vlogs but I haven’t watched anything she’s put out in probably over a month now. I just have no interest in her anymore. I think I’ll unfollow and just keep an eye on this thread in case she improves and gets fun again.
This is me. I refuse to watch her food videos (I don't get triggered, I just don't care 😫) And I haven't been able to stomach the vlogs as she's gotten so repetitive, boring, and up her own ass. No-one who mentions measurements and scales that much is someone who "doesn't care". I didn't sign up for the saga of Emma's waist so I really need to bounce from her content.

• Heart

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
I think it's the fact that she sets a schedule which she has no intention of sticking to and then talks about how she hasn't had time. It's the constant commentary of 'I need to do XYZ and I'm behind on XYZ but now I'm going to the gym, which is a 2 hour round trip' then several clips of her pouting about not being in the mood to film while surrounded by clutter.

She could own the fact that she doesn't need to work full time, just focus on videos she's passionate about and post them when she feels like it, while having time to keep her flat clean. Instead she puts pressure on herself to upload on certain days and posts an apoogy most weeks as to why she hasn't filmed/ uploaded.

I think having a week away from vlogging and just sorting the flat and deciding what content she enjoys making would do her some good. Having said that, none of the criticism here is unique to Emma and I imagine this is just a way of life for a lot of influenfers now.

ETA time management and being able to prioritise are life skills that most adults have, because we have to. It's frustrating seeing influencers not being able to manage their time properly or be realistic with priorites. For example, 'I'd love to go for a walk with my friend and have a gym session today but I'm behind with some brand work so maybe I'll choose between the two'.

Last edited:

Lurker2867

Chatty Member
Looks like she got her nails done... so that’s why she left filming to the last minute, more important things to do than her job obv

Cutlass

When I saw “highly requested” and “filmed 3 more...” it was a wrap for me.
make it stop. Please God. Make. It. Stop

• Haha

LLL111

i hate that she calls her workouts 'training' like she thinks she's some kind of athlete as opposed to someone doing random, very standard home workouts, e.g. 'this is the diet of someone who *trains* 6 days a week'

CAL27

Just thought I would let you guys know not to waste your money of that Bondi sands face Tanner she was sponsored to talk about 😂 it’s sooo dark and so obviously fake, it’s patchy and has left a very obvious yellow/orange line on my neck. I use the utan face tan mist usually and you can build that up to a nice colour but this one is just dark straight away. I only use a face tan because I use spf everyday and my face is always lighter than the rest of my body, I like a lot of Bondi sands in the past but I wouldn’t recommend this, and like Emma said the spray itself is terrible 🤦🏻‍♀️ Just thought I’d let you guys know in case you were looking to buy it 😊

• Heart

dinkybird

Ooo I spy a new excuse for no videos.... can you hear that noise? No crack on love
Building works (or whatever that noise is) go on for a few hours at most during the day... if you’re actually dedicated to growing your channel, you can work around those.

Close your windows, move to another room, do a video with a voice-over, there are plenty of options.

eselde

What is really starting to bug me about her is her attitude towards money, especially in current times. I might just be bitter because I’ve spent more weeks out the past year on furlough than I’ve been able to work, which was not calculated correctly for me and there’s nothing I can do, but she’s just casually talking about dropping so much money on things.
First the squat rack, which last weeks vlog I swear she said she’s getting rid off after weeks?! Her saying she was genuinely thinking of paying over TWO GRAND on a peloton bike, just casually upgrading to the latest MacBook, the designer brand haul she did with the most basic clothes with designer labels, and also those ugly ass skull rings she wears, and recently treated herself to a new one, are £250 each.
I get that she’s still working and influencers make a sickening amount of money for not a lot of work, and like I said I’m bitter because I’m trying to save up to move out of my parents house now I’ve finished uni, but her humble bragging about spending all this money on honestly unnecessary purchases rubs me the wrong way. Especially when she said the squat rack with live in Tim’s parents garage until she has space for it and the spin bike will most likely be sold or left to gather dust when she can get back to the gym.
Sorry for the rant but I just feel this new attitude to money and designer shit is distasteful especially at the moment.
100% agree. She’s in a very privileged and comfortable position for someone her age which I think she fails to realise or appreciate. The only commitment she has is her content ie: YouTube videos and Instagram posts and she’s bloody half arsed with those most of the time yet even through that she’s still making a good enough amount of money to not care. I think the money talk and casual mentioning of new things and expensive things she bought is in bad taste, especially considering how many people are struggling at the moment. Saying that, I don’t think she necessarily money drops on purpose, I honestly think she is just so desensitised to her actual audience/following through her lack of engagement and her head being so far up her own arse that she doesn’t realise how unappealing her attitude towards it is.

I mean she has every right to spend her money how she chooses and on whatever she wants, but be tasteful at least. She’s got more money the sense it would seem. Especially when she starts things like “project ten pan” even though she’s still being gifted and sent make up/skincare PR... or her new “lipstick” challenge because she realised she had too many lipsticks she’d never worn. You’re telling me she didn’t look at all those lipsticks and think she could give them away to friends and family. Instead she’s decided to wear them once and then probably never touch them again. So selfish and ridiculously wasteful!

• Heart

Cutlass

Personally I don’t see the inconsistent message as ‘hate’. At the end of the day, if I called in sick or turned up late to work every week then my manager calling me out on it isn’t ‘hate’. It’s a part of every single job out there. Granted, it’s different in the sense of it being sent by just a member of the public but still, it’s really not the most offensive thing is it?
Agreed. We’ll probably never know the tone of the message. But there’s always going to be a weird, blurred line between “influencers” and their followers.
The reason they get a high number of subs is because people find them relatable... as if they could be friends. And it’s normal to want to pull your friends up when you see them slipping.
NOT saying that followers = friends or even know the influencer in real life, but the influencers themselves invite this dynamic by asking to be followed, asking for comments, asking for opinions and ideas...
You can’t want the positive without the negatives Em... 🤷🏾‍ Idk. Just my 3 cents.

• Heart

LittleMissSassyPants

I came here to say that I didn't notice her doing anything work related all week in that vlog? It might be just me, I nearly fell asleep attempting to watch it. I honestly can't believe there's people who actually love this content.