Emma Tustin and Thomas Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sun footage...it's made me feel sick
How..just how...how could they sit there stuffing their faces while Arthur suffered. This case has really made me question humanity. How..how has this happened?
Do they really need to publish that. It won’t change things or bring him back. Let him rest in peace and please can the family settle their differences and arrange a funeral. Poor little mite.

Reactions: 9
I know I sound like a broken record but I am still shocked by Th’s mother not even acknowledging that her son was a sadistic psychopath. How they can expect any say in how that little boy is buried when her son was part of the problem is beyond me.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Do they really need to publish that. It won’t change things or bring him back. Let him rest in peace and please can the family settle their differences and arrange a funeral. Poor little mite.
It could change things - cases like this, now it has so much momentum from the public interest, do change laws, procedures, social care systems, understanding of abuse patterns... It is giving little Arthur the voice he never had in life, people are outraged and that could mean some changes happen. His legacy could then have some positivity. I think that it is right that people see these vidoes, it is incomprehensible to most decent people that there are human beings that would behave in this way so it opens up peoples eyes to what could be going on within other homes and understanding that abuse is going on behind closed doors all over the place; that may be hard to see, but it is necessary to drive change.
Also the more people see of this horrific case, the more infamous they will become and therefore the harder it will be for them to 'slide under the radar' both in prison and in later life and for me personally I can only see that as a good thing, neither deserve a 'quiet time'.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I felt sick seeing that footage, he is just as bad as her, sadistic freaks doing that while his son was stood there starving....he looks so bloody proud of himself and happy in that video, sick twisted weirdo.

Having watched that footage of them on the sun's website I would like to retract previous comments I've made about being of the belief that hideous man had remorse. Wicked wicked wicked!!!!!

Reactions: 17
Normally i would wish the death sentence on people like this. However that would be too easy on them. I hope they are haunted every day by the torture they put that poor boy through. I hope their fellow prisoners make their lives a living hell and torture them.
I hope little Arthur gets laid to rest soon, he deserves to be at peace.
this story really has broken my heart and i hope its a wake up call for social services.

life sentences should however mean life and not 29 years. Eye for an eye!!

Reactions: 15
Olivia will torture her own mind with what if's for the rest of her life. I don't think anyone could make her feel worse than she already does.

The line that got me from the summing up was that his Dad ripped his beloved Birmingham shirt up in front of him. I can't imagine how sad that made him. Hopefully the club will celebrate his little life over the weekend.

Arthur - I hope you get to rest in peace soon little man. Lots of football and ice cream waiting for you up there where you will be safe 🌈

• Sad
That was Stars case, unless Arthurs was the same.

What baffles me is what did ET expect the outcome of this to be? That she would just be able to torture Arthur forever?
I don't think she intended it to continue, I think she intended to kill him. This bit in the judge's sentencing remarks sums it up for me really.

I am sure that at the moment you launched this attack on him you intended that he should die. I reach that conclusion not just from the amount of force you used (described by the experts to be at least severe force) but because I am sure that by the time you did it you no longer wanted Arthur in your home. You wanted Thomas Hughes so that he could provide for you and your own children, but you did not want to be troubled by Arthur any longer. In your evidence you said that you thought that Arthur hated you. You blamed him for your miscarriages and for causing rifts between Hughes and yourself. Effectively, you held Arthur responsible for any problems in your life. You had given him a potentially lethal dose of salt an hour or so before your final assault on him. The day before he died you sent a message to Thomas Hughes saying that Arthur had bitten you and ominously added that he had done it for the very last time. You took a photograph of him which I am sure was taken after you had assaulted him, and he was lying lifeless on the floor. It was a calculated act. You were to try to use this as evidence that he had been throwing himself around. It was an early attempt by you to deflect suspicion form yourself. Had this killing been anything other than intentional, you would have sought help for Arthur after his collapse when it must have been obvious
to you that he required immediate medical attention if he was to have any hope of survival. But you did not summon help. You moved Arthur’s limp and lifeless body around the house. You can only have done that because you were looking for somewhere to place it to make it look as if this was an accident or that he was responsible for his own death.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
My good god I've just seen the footage in the The Sun of that pathetic pair eating their Ice creams and her deliberately putting out Happy meals for her kids . How pathetic and utterly hideous do they look. What a pair of utter cretins . I am not a violent person but I honestly hope someone gets a hold of these 2 in prison and gives them the hiding of their lives !!!

What baffles me is what did ET expect the outcome of this to be? That she would just be able to torture Arthur forever?
I’ve often wondered this. I don’t think there’s an answer that any of us reasonable people would be able to comprehend. Ending Arthur’s life was probably her end game, why else would she have used salt to try and poison him? She thought she was so clever trying to make out Arthur had caused his own injuries, not realising that the medical experts would know better. She’s completely deranged. I hope she never gets parole.

I have a theory that she aborted her baby at 21 weeks because she realised the child would no longer be of use to her (for benefits etc). Wouldn’t put it past her.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
That was Stars case, unless Arthurs was the same.

She clearly expected to have her story believed and that she would get away with it.

What's baffling to me is that they gathered so much incriminating evidence on themselves that led to their conviction.

Reactions: 8
She clearly expected to have her story believed and that she would get away with it.

What's baffling to me is that they gathered so much incriminating evidence on themselves that led to their conviction.
Yeah like the CCTV they had?!

Reactions: 3
Yeah like the CCTV they had?!
Thick as two bricks, the pair of them. So arrogant and self-obsessed that they believed they could construct whatever version of reality they liked and have it believed.

The 999 call is so telling. You've got a child hardly breathing (although I suspect he was dead by this point), it doesn't bleeping matter what happened, what matters is urgent medical care, but ET wants to get her version of events on record. So convinced she can swindle her way out. Again with the body cam footage - a child is lying dying and you're turning the tears on about how he threw tantrums? I think she is a sociopath, I really do.

As much as I hate TH, I do think ET was the brains of the operation (or single brain cell). TH just seems like a snivelling, self-serving manchild. It's telling his mother wants to absolve him of responsibility. He would have got weak parenting that allowed him to become such a pathetic excuse for a man.

Reactions: 22
It could change things - cases like this, now it has so much momentum from the public interest, do change laws, procedures, social care systems, understanding of abuse patterns... It is giving little Arthur the voice he never had in life, people are outraged and that could mean some changes happen. His legacy could then have some positivity. I think that it is right that people see these vidoes, it is incomprehensible to most decent people that there are human beings that would behave in this way so it opens up peoples eyes to what could be going on within other homes and understanding that abuse is going on behind closed doors all over the place; that may be hard to see, but it is necessary to drive change.
Also the more people see of this horrific case, the more infamous they will become and therefore the harder it will be for them to 'slide under the radar' both in prison and in later life and for me personally I can only see that as a good thing, neither deserve a 'quiet time'.
Excellent comment. Agree full heartedly.

Reactions: 3
She was by the looks and sounds of it a brilliant mum you can't dispute that
What she did was unrelated, yes a terrible crime but if you read her case notes you'll see there was physical violence on both sides. She was drunk, not thinking straight clearly. But that does not mean she in any way contributed to her sons death, that's a low blow for you to come to that conclusion. He should have been safe with his 'father' wouldn't you hope if you were somehow incarcerated that you could still trust the other parent to look after and protect that child, not kill them?!!
I personally think that as good a mother as Olivia may have been in her good days when she was not influenced by drugs and alcohol she must have known that TH was a total idiot, I mean that's not hard to see right? It would have been "life changing" if her mother's love and intuition had led her to be more responsible about herself in order to be there for her child. Her drug taking and alcohol abuse shows total lack of control and let's not even go into the "frenzied knife attack". We all have bad moments and we all "lose it" sometimes but there is a BIG massive difference between wanting to kill someone during an argument and actually killing someone during an argument. Should a responsible mother, who knows her husband is a pathetic imbecil, put herself in that position? I blame her for that. She is in prison for a reason. She put herself in a position that forced her to abandon Arthur in the hands of a total moron so in my opinion she bears responsability and lets hope that other parents take a lesson from this. If we want to take best care of our children we must start by taking care of ourselves physically and mentally. I cannot exonerate her. Arthur's life story begins with her.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I personally think that as good a mother as Olivia may have been in her good days when she was not influenced by drugs and alcohol she must have known that TH was a total idiot, I mean that's not hard to see right? It would have been "life changing" if her mother's love and intuition had led her to be more responsible about herself in order to be there for her child. Her drug taking and alcohol abuse shows total lack of control and let's not even go into the "frenzied knife attack". We all have bad moments and we all "lose it" sometimes but there is a BIG massive difference between wanting to kill someone during an argument and actually killing someone during an argument. Should a responsible mother, who knows her husband is a pathetic imbecil, put herself in that position? I blame her for that. She is in prison for a reason. She put herself in a position that forced her to abandon Arthur in the hands of a total moron so in my opinion she bears responsability and lets hope that other parents take a lesson from this. If we want to take best care of our children we must start by taking care of ourselves physically and mentally. I cannot exonerate her. Arthur's life story begins with her.
Well I completely disagree with everything you've said. For starters, pathetic isn't the same as being a killer! Yes he might of been a 'pathetic imbecile' but how could she possibly predict he'd turn into a killer.?!!!!! Ive said it before, I'd like to think if I was incarcerated my other half would be entirely trusted to care for our children. By everyone's words in the family, before ET came on the scene actually th was described as a good father. So it's down to ET, not this poor mother who will be utterly distraught and feeling helpless and blaming herself as it is but it isn't her fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
That’s not how drug addiction and abusive relationships work - if only things were that simple 🙄. No one would choose to be abused, women don’t ‘stay’ in DV situations they are ‘stuck’ in them. Same with drugs- nobody chooses to be a drug addict- no one would choose that way of life.

Olivia’s case is complicated, for sure, but the rhetoric you are using around her drug addiction and relationship is naive. Perhaps just be thankful that you don’t understand either.
Surely people on these situations should ensure at least they take contraceptives. I don't think that is a lot to ask or is society a free for all? Anything goes? No one bears responsability for anything?

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Take his cunting jaw off 😢😢. Poor baby. I wonder why in so little time he went from loving his son to hating him , did he love him? I’ve not followed this one .
she showed copious amounts of love to her own kids. I wonder how you can go from a loving person and switch just like that . I though she was just an evil bleep not capable of emotion
Bit like SB , an evil bleep
I don’t think he could ever have loved him. It’s impossible to love your child and do what he did. Any act of being a decent father was probably a mask (like Chris Watts)

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.