Emma Tustin and Thomas Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's a mother who's son suffered horrendous abuse at the hands of evil. She's as deserving of our utmost sympathy as any other bereaved mother.

She doesn't need internet folk to point out that had she made different choices in her life, she might have been there to protect Arthur. I'm sure that will play on her mind every single day.

But she is in no way to blame for what those two evil bastards did to a child they were supposed to be looking after

• Heart
Reactions: 46
She was by the looks and sounds of it a brilliant mum you can't dispute that
What she did was unrelated, yes a terrible crime but if you read her case notes you'll see there was physical violence on both sides. She was drunk, not thinking straight clearly. But that does not mean she in any way contributed to her sons death, that's a low blow for you to come to that conclusion. He should have been safe with his 'father' wouldn't you hope if you were somehow incarcerated that you could still trust the other parent to look after and protect that child, not kill them?!!

Reactions: 23
It's interesting that the killer biological mother seems to have morphed into a figure of sympathy

Not entirely sure what some people think "frenzied knife attack" means.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
This thread felt like a kind, respectful place to be until a new member arrived this evening 🤔

Reactions: 32
It really haunts me to think of Arthurs mum, yes she commited manslaughter, she's paid a far higher price than others who have done the same crime. Looking at her back story, she had a really good start in life, well educated and managed to go to uni, something along the way went wrong and she ended up on drugs and alcohol and commited that crime. Pictures paint a thousand words, and you can see in his and her eyes that they were a happy little team from the pics in the dm, he looked well cared for, clean and happy. I imagine that Olivia has no doubt had help for her alcohol issue and the drugs whilst in prison, she must be back to herself now and completely bereft at what happened to her baby whilst in the "care" of his father, she doesn't deserve this, and from one mother to another I have sympathy for her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
The thing that surprised me was ET aborted Hughes's unborn child at 21 weeks. Surely that's quite late for an abortion and they said in articles she was obliged to terminate the pregnancy. What does this mean exactly?
Abortion in the UK is up to 24 weeks (beyond on medical grounds), 24 weeks is also the gestation at which a fetus is considered "viable" ie can live. Go figure. I'm not anti abortion but something seems wrong to me?!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
It's interesting that the killer biological mother seems to have morphed into a figure of sympathy

Not entirely sure what some people think "frenzied knife attack" means.
Even if it was a ‘frenzied knife attack’ - does that mean she then deserves what happened to Arthur?

Reactions: 16
At the end of the day the only two people responsible for Arthur’s death were the two creatures sentenced today. Olivia is not on trial for her son’s death and is entitled to express her pain just like any other grieving mother would. She is serving her time for the crime she committed, and I’m sure she must feel enough guilt for not being there for him without randoms on the internet pointing the finger.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I’m so torn when it comes to his mother. She must feel so tormented and broken being in prison and hearing that her little boy is gone forever. However, when living with her Arthur witnessed terrible violence and must have been terrified at times. He’s been let down by everyone and I’m sure she knows this and would do anything to turn back the clock and make a different decision that day. Just so gut wrenchingly sad for that beautiful boy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
You cannot be serious, hun? This tragedy would never have happened if she hadn't murdered that man. She has some blame as well.

I agree. She in no way deserves to be going through this but she took the life of someone else's son. She can't really be described as a doting mother when her actions led to her son loosing his mum.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Even if it was a ‘frenzied knife attack’ - does that mean she then deserves what happened to Arthur?
No. But it does mean she deserves to be in jail. Which is exactly where she is. And yes it was a frenzied knife attack for which her guilt has been established.

The victim was Arthur, not her.

Reactions: 2
I'm curious as to why people keep saying this? Apparently Olivia was privately educated and went on to become a Lance Corporal in the TA. Her and her partner had a drunken fight which somehow ended up in his
You cannot be serious, hun? This tragedy would never have happened if she hadn't murdered that man. She has some blame as well.
He was in full custody of his father which is enough to safeguard him from torture and murder. It’s not his mums fault his father cannot meet the bare minimum for his child.

Reactions: 21
I honestly cannot believe some of these comments. The only two people responsible for Arthur’s death are those monsters.

Reactions: 30
I’m so torn when it comes to his mother. She must feel so tormented and broken being in prison and hearing that her little boy is gone forever. However, when living with her Arthur witnessed terrible violence and must have been terrified at times. He’s been let down by everyone and I’m sure she knows this and would do anything to turn back the clock and make a different decision that day. Just so gut wrenchingly sad for that beautiful boy.
Exactly. She must be absolutely heartbroken about what happened to Arthur, so I can sympathise with her for that, but she let him down horrifically too.

Arthur’s mother, father and ‘step-mother’ are all convicted killers, the poor little lad never stood a chance.

Reactions: 13
Ive followed Arthur’s case since day 1 just like Stars & honestly I’m glad it’s all over now..it’s been a dramatic rollercoaster of emotions but has justice been served?..I’m glad TH got 21 years more than what I thought but ETs sentence was a bit of a let down but then again in 29 years she still won’t be remorseful,she’ll still be the attention seeking victim & also she’ll be majorly bitter..I can’t see her ever getting out on that basis alone..I’m glad it’s only the start of their new adventure..it’s not going to be pretty..enjoy scumbags & then you’ll rot in hell!God bless you Arthur..beautiful boy!x

Reactions: 14
Are you being serious? What kind of Mother would do that in the first place (knowing they've got a young child in their care who was relying on them)?

She obviously didn't give a second's thought to Arthur when she was was taking those drugs, staying in an abusive relationship and then killing her partner in cold blood.

I hope she feels really guilty as she should. What a pathetic excuse for a Mother. She failed that boy and contributed to his death and doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy
That’s not how drug addiction and abusive relationships work - if only things were that simple 🙄. No one would choose to be abused, women don’t ‘stay’ in DV situations they are ‘stuck’ in them. Same with drugs- nobody chooses to be a drug addict- no one would choose that way of life.

Olivia’s case is complicated, for sure, but the rhetoric you are using around her drug addiction and relationship is naive. Perhaps just be thankful that you don’t understand either.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
i would never like to see anyone's child tortured and murdered by one of whom was a complete stranger to her. I don't get how you can place any blame on Olivia

Reactions: 13
Oh god..new footage in the sun of them eating ice cream & McDonalds..wtf?how can they be soo cruel?🥲

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
video on the sun of those creaturs tucking into mcdonalds and ice cream while arthur starved in the hallway

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The sun footage...it's made me feel sick
How..just how...how could they sit there stuffing their faces while Arthur suffered. This case has really made me question humanity. How..how has this happened?

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.