Emma Tustin and Thomas Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even the BBC's Home Editor, Mark Easton, looked visibly upset on the six o'clock news just now.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I don't think it's fair to call out the hairdresser and her partner. It wasn't them that was abusing Arthur. His own grandmother reported them to social services and got nowhere, I doubt they would of got further than them. The only people who deserve slating are TH and ET
But the Grandmother never witnessed anything for her self and probably would have been seen as malicious. This hairdresser couple were independent they could have saved that boy by reporting it the fact that they have children themselves and went along with the treatment in there own house is staggering. I hope that boy haunts them for the rest of their days

• Heart
Reactions: 13
There for the grace of God go I. What a devastating effect drugs and alcohol had on the life of Olivia AND of course the poor man she killed. She looked like a great mother. Doting. What an absolutely tragic series of events for all concerned. Most of all that poor little mite.

Husband works with social workers. He’s said they’ve been offered counselling incase “events in the news have affected them”. I need to add here they are not involved in, or in the area of, Arthurs case. Personally I hope it gives every person involved with any aspect of childcare a huge kick up the arse. This cannot go on happening. I dread the effects of another lockdown.

Blimey. Lots to unpack here. Had no idea about the sexual violence/domestic violence. Grim.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Like everyone who has heard the reports of what happened to poor wee Arthur I have found it really upsetting and disturbing. There aren't any words I can use to really express the horror of what's happened and my disgust at ET and TH. I have no idea how anyone can even think to act the way they did to that child.

I am usually anti death penalty but in this case I wouldn't be against it - they really are total scum with no remorse and no chance of every being anything but a scourge on society. I hope ET gets a whole life tariff, she really shouldn't see the light of day again.
ET has had various suicide attempts recently already. A death penalty would only play into her hands and save her the work. I wish her a long long long miserable life.

• Haha
  • Heart
I remember when the first lockdown was announced I remembered saying to my mum (she is a safeguarding trainer in education) that the covid doesn't worry me its the kids that will be abused , molested and neglected behind closed doors. There will sadly be other Arthur's and stories that come in the next few months and years and it's makes my blood run cold to think of it.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I remember when the first lockdown was announced I remembered saying to my mum (she is a safeguarding trainer in education) that the covid doesn't worry me its the kids that will be abused , molested and neglected behind closed doors. There will sadly be other Arthur's and stories that come in the next few months and years and it's makes my blood run cold to think of it.
I’m sort of involved with children’s services and it makes me so angry the children who have been failed due to the lockdown. Whatever you believe about Covid, there is no doubt (in my mind) many more have died due to side effects of the pandemic than died of Covid.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m so devastated for Arthur and for every member of his family who loved him, especially his mother. There are a few disgusting comments on Facebook about how she doesn’t deserve any sympathy seeing as she also murdered a man. Sometimes people cannot see past the end of their own noses.

Reactions: 19
I’m so devastated for Arthur and for every member of his family who loved him, especially his mother. There are a few disgusting comments on Facebook about how she doesn’t deserve any sympathy seeing as she also murdered a man. Sometimes people cannot see past the end of their own noses.
You cannot be serious, hun? This tragedy would never have happened if she hadn't murdered that man. She has some blame as well.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
The whole story of the family is hard to comprehend. Arthur’s mother in an abusive relationship and her spiralling drug addiction that lead to her killing someone, his father who turned into an abuser of his own son and his girlfriend who is just evil to the core. So much trauma, it really does read like a fiction novel.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
The whole story of the family is hard to comprehend. Arthur’s mother in an abusive relationship and her spiralling drug addiction that lead to her killing someone, his father who turned into an abuser of his own son and his girlfriend who is just evil to the core. So much trauma, it really does read like a fiction novel.
Yes, you honestly couldn't make it up.

Reactions: 2
You cannot be serious, hun? This tragedy would never have happened if she hadn't murdered that man. She has some blame as well.
This is what I'm thinking. From the minute Arthur has been born, he's been let down and exposed to violence, abuse, dysfunction.

• Sad
Did you read my post?
Firstly I don’t believe that Olivia murdering that man directly led to Arthur being murdered, that’s ludicrous. How was Olivia to know that evil would walk into Arthur’s life and he would end up murdered?
Secondly, she’s serving her time for her crime. Putting her crime aside, her only child has been abused and brutally murdered. How could anyone *not* feel sympathy for her, as a mother?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Shes guilty of letting Arthur down, yes. But I don't think you can say this wouldn't have happened if she wasn't in prison. There are many different reasons she may have stopped being able to care for Arthur in alternate lives (illness, an accident, death) and he would have still had to go live with his dad.

Reactions: 9
Did you read my post?
Firstly I don’t believe that Olivia murdering that man directly led to Arthur being murdered, that’s ludicrous. How was Olivia to know that evil would walk into Arthur’s life and he would end up murdered?
Secondly, she’s serving her time for her crime. Putting her crime aside, her only child has been abused and brutally murdered. How could anyone *not* feel sympathy for her, as a mother?
Are you being serious? What kind of Mother would do that in the first place (knowing they've got a young child in their care who was relying on them)?

She obviously didn't give a second's thought to Arthur when she was was taking those drugs, staying in an abusive relationship and then killing her partner in cold blood.

I hope she feels really guilty as she should. What a pathetic excuse for a Mother. She failed that boy and contributed to his death and doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy.

Shes guilty of letting Arthur down, yes. But I don't think you can say this wouldn't have happened if she wasn't in prison. There are many different reasons she may have stopped being able to care for Arthur in alternate lives (illness, an accident, death) and he would have still had to go live with his dad.
Those are hardly comparable to murder though, are they? Those circumstances would elicit sympathy and would also be completely out of her control. Murdering someone was a choice she made. Not comparable at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
The thing that surprised me was ET aborted Hughes's unborn child at 21 weeks. Surely that's quite late for an abortion and they said in articles she was obliged to terminate the pregnancy. What does this mean exactly?

Reactions: 3
Are you being serious? What kind of Mother would do that in the first place (knowing they've got a young child in their care who was relying on them)?

She obviously didn't give a second's thought to Arthur when she was was taking those drugs, staying in an abusive relationship and then killing her partner in cold blood.

I hope she feels really guilty as she should. What a pathetic excuse for a Mother. She failed that boy and contributed to his death and doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy.

Those are hardly comparable to murder though, are they? Those circumstances would elicit sympathy and would also be completely out of her control. Murdering someone was a choice she made. Not comparable at all.
Drug addictions and abusive relationships are hardly the place to be making your most rational decisions. Its awful that she has killed someone but it wasn't her that killed Arthur.

Reactions: 23
Those pictures with his mom absolutely broke me, he looked so happy with her 😔 I can’t stop crying everytime I think of that beautiful boy.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
After reading about Olivia’s case, I disagree that she killed in cold blood. It’s not as black and white as that.

I have sympathy for her and I make no apology for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.