Emma Tustin and Thomas Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think he could ever have loved him. It’s impossible to love your child and do what he did. Any act of being a decent father was probably a mask (like Chris Watts)
Sick sick man! I feel ashamed of myself for being half taken in. Someone who can act the way we saw in the cctv with such callousness is beyond redemption. 1 thing I do worry about is what if he goes on to have more children when released?

Reactions: 9
Well I completely disagree with everything you've said. For starters, pathetic isn't the same as being a killer! Yes he might of been a 'pathetic imbecile' but how could she possibly predict he'd turn into a killer.?!!!!! Ive said it before, I'd like to think if I was incarcerated my other half would be entirely trusted to care for our children. By everyone's words in the family, before ET came on the scene actually th was described as a good father. So it's down to ET, not this poor mother who will be utterly distraught and feeling helpless and blaming herself as it is but it isn't her fault.
Good word "predict". None of us can predict the future which include also what will our partners do next? Will they fall in love with someone else and leave us, will they hurt us, will they become incapacitated or die? The best we can do is take maximum responsability for our children ourselves by taking best care of ourselves and I dont mean having botox and fillers. Lets agree to disagree. You dont think she is responsable. I absolutely do. This doesnt mean I don't understand her pain. Of course she's suffering. I imagine she must be going through hell. I am suffering. I am disconcertedly suffering for a child I didnt even know. All of us on this thread are suffering. My husband has expressed concern as to why I am so afected by this. I understand her suffering but I do not exonerate her.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Apparently ET is complaining she's being assaulted in prison and one comment suggests she's had boiling water thrown at her - good. I hope it bleeping hurt.

She somehow apparently managed to take an overdose whilst awaiting trial. I hope she doesn't manage to take the easy way out and suffers every day of her sentence.

Reactions: 17
Surely people on these situations should ensure at least they take contraceptives. I don't think that is a lot to ask or is society a free for all? Anything goes? No one bears responsability for anything?
Arthur was not born in to the violent relationship though was he? - that man killed wasn’t his father. From media reports before the relationship she seems to have been a decent mother. Your response is so ignorant I would say it is bordering on being vile! You obviously understand nothing about DV situations which predominantly include rape, not sex and complete coercive control over everything down to birth control. Same with drug addiction- this is not a situation where people are in sound mind and unfortunately some babies are born into these situations.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Tustin’s behaviour yesterday in refusing to face the court is pretty standard narcissistic behaviour. Very reminiscent of Levi Bellfield. It was probably her rather pathetic attempt to persuade herself and others that she was the one who was actually in control of the situation and that no one can judge her. It also speaks of a fundamental misunderstanding of what control actually is. People who are actually in control manipulate the situation to produce the best possible outcome for themselves. All that did was provoke the judge, or a very least strengthen his position that she has shown zero remorse. More like self sabotage than control of anything. And being in court in front a jury and someone who’s job title is literally judge makes her no one can judge me position utterly laughable. That was exactly what was happening. Even her defence, which was basically all the qualified experts are wrong but i’m right, reveals the extent of her delusion.

I think she just revealed herself as an emotional toddler in a grown woman’s body. I would bet that for most of life she’s surrounded herself with people who tell her she is the cleverest, prettiest, most talented and most special person in the world. Nothing wrong with giving someone confidence (although this has to have some basis in reality) but very dangerous when like Tustin you are clearly none of these things but actually toxic ball of arrogance and hate. A slightly less deadly comparison I can think of are X Factor contestants who have been told that they are amazingly talented, and who are suddenly told they’re not and have a hissy fit.

But anyway all pretty moot now, and I concur with those who believe she will kill herself at some point. I just feel sorry for the prison guard that will go through the trauma of finding her and the inevitable finger pointing investigation into her death. Just another victim of an incredibly evil, selfish and deluded woman.

Tustin’s behaviour yesterday in refusing to face the court is pretty standard narcissistic behaviour. Very reminiscent of Levi Bellfield. It was probably her rather pathetic attempt to persuade herself and others that she was the one who was actually in control of the situation and that no one can judge her. It also speaks of a fundamental misunderstanding of what control actually is. People who are actually in control manipulate the situation to produce the best possible outcome for themselves. All that did was provoke the judge, or a very least strengthen his position that she has shown zero remorse. More like self sabotage than control of anything. And being in court in front a jury and someone who’s job title is literally judge makes her no one can judge me position utterly laughable. That was exactly what was happening. Even her defence, which was basically all the qualified experts are wrong but i’m right, reveals the extent of her delusion.

I think she just revealed herself as an emotional toddler in a grown woman’s body. I would bet that for most of life she’s surrounded herself with people who tell her she is the cleverest, prettiest, most talented and most special person in the world. Nothing wrong with giving someone confidence (although this has to have some basis in reality) but very dangerous when like Tustin you are clearly none of these things but actually toxic ball of arrogance and hate. A slightly less deadly comparison I can think of are X Factor contestants who have been told that they are amazingly talented, and who are suddenly told they’re not and have a hissy fit.

But anyway all pretty moot now, and I concur with those who believe she will kill herself at some point. I just feel sorry for the prison guard that will go through the trauma of finding her and the inevitable finger pointing investigation into her death. Just another victim of an incredibly evil, selfish and deluded woman.
I know it can't happen, but in my opinion she should have been dragged up there to face the verdict.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Arthur was not born in to the violent relationship though was he? - that man killed wasn’t his father. From media reports before the relationship she seems to have been a decent mother. Your response is so ignorant I would say it is bordering on being vile! You obviously understand nothing about DV situations which predominantly include rape, not sex and complete coercive control over everything down to birth control. Same with drug addiction- this is not a situation where people are in sound mind and unfortunately some babies are born into these situations.
👏👏👏👏 All of this. Hence the importance of the Police and Social Services in society.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So
I have followed the case the whole time. I absolutely adore Arthur, the fact he died thinking no one loves him... Is most likely the worse thing I've ever come across.

I do feel very sorry for his mother... I know addiction is awful. But I still feel so angry.. she said her child lit up her life... It should have been ENOUGH to turn her life around. She had it in her to do it, he was a happy boy with his mum. Though, I suspect towards the end before she killed her partner.... Her drinking got worse and it may have gone down hill... I feel so cross with her that he wasn't enough. When strangers see how beautiful and amazing he is yet we don't know him. What stands out to me a little... She doesn't blame herself, whether it's justifying or not... If it was me, I'd blame myself and my choices EVERYDAY.

The only hope I hang on to is that it was not a prolonged torture and abuse and it was the only final weeks it got worse. I don't think I could hack it if it was a long campaign. I hope he did receive some sort of love... But I think deep down, I know the truth.

Nothing will change. Beautiful Arthur will not be the first nor the last. We MUST end this culture of turning a blind eye. If something makes US feel uncomfortable, then think how does it make the child feel? We can be the voices for them. Who gives a crap if we're interfering?

I'm fed up of broken society, I'm fed up of it being acceptable to film your child and laugh AT them, broadcasting them, getting likes just to be laughed AT. No, this is your child, not a way to get attention and likes. I'm fed up of people claiming benefits just for them to spend it on tattoos, new phones, new hair. That is NOT what the benefit system is for. I have been a single mum and on benefits for 3 years before I met my husband. Every penny went on my kids, clubs, days out, decent food. These people needs lessons about what the benefits are for.... Why is everyone so obsessed with materialistic things? What on earth is happening with society now?

Arthur, you are LOVED. Those two disgusting human beings are no reflection on you. Thousands of people LOVE you. I hope you are getting all the sweets and ice cream wherever you are. Always in my thoughts xx

• Heart
  • Sad
I hope they are constantly hungry, frightened and unloved for the rest of their lives. I hope they are tortured physically and mentally like that poor boy was. May he be at peace ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So
I have followed the case the whole time. I absolutely adore Arthur, the fact he died thinking no one loves him... Is most likely the worse thing I've ever come across.

I do feel very sorry for his mother... I know addiction is awful. But I still feel so angry.. she said her child lit up her life... It should have been ENOUGH to turn her life around. She had it in her to do it, he was a happy boy with his mum. Though, I suspect towards the end before she killed her partner.... Her drinking got worse and it may have gone down hill... I feel so cross with her that he wasn't enough. When strangers see how beautiful and amazing he is yet we don't know him. What stands out to me a little... She doesn't blame herself, whether it's justifying or not... If it was me, I'd blame myself and my choices EVERYDAY.

The only hope I hang on to is that it was not a prolonged torture and abuse and it was the only final weeks it got worse. I don't think I could hack it if it was a long campaign. I hope he did receive some sort of love... But I think deep down, I know the truth.

Nothing will change. Beautiful Arthur will not be the first nor the last. We MUST end this culture of turning a blind eye. If something makes US feel uncomfortable, then think how does it make the child feel? We can be the voices for them. Who gives a crap if we're interfering?

I'm fed up of broken society, I'm fed up of it being acceptable to film your child and laugh AT them, broadcasting them, getting likes just to be laughed AT. No, this is your child, not a way to get attention and likes. I'm fed up of people claiming benefits just for them to spend it on tattoos, new phones, new hair. That is NOT what the benefit system is for. I have been a single mum and on benefits for 3 years before I met my husband. Every penny went on my kids, clubs, days out, decent food. These people needs lessons about what the benefits are for.... Why is everyone so obsessed with materialistic things? What on earth is happening with society now?

Arthur, you are LOVED. Those two disgusting human beings are no reflection on you. Thousands of people LOVE you. I hope you are getting all the sweets and ice cream wherever you are. Always in my thoughts xx
I’m sorry but how do you know she isn’t blaming herself already? You don’t know what’s going on in her head - just because she didn’t outright say it was her fault that he fell into their hands doesn’t mean she doesn’t blame herself for what happened. Her statement was about Arthur and about how wonderful and loved he truly was, as it should be.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m sorry but how do you know she isn’t blaming herself already? You don’t know what’s going on in her head - just because she didn’t outright say it was her fault that he fell into their hands. Her statement was about Arthur and about how wonderful and loved he truly was, as it should be.
Yes I agree but just because there are a few nice photos of them together doesn't give us the full picture. If social services had of been more involved, and intertveened once her realtionship escalated.. things would have been different. Too often parents are given the benefit of the doubt before it goes too far at the expense of the children. I blame all adults involved

Reactions: 1
So

This thread has completely turned 🙄

FYI

Children can't save their parents from drug addiction - it isn't about children not 'being enough' for their parents to get help

Strangers looking in know nothing about Arthur's mothers situation and how she feels

It is not and has never been acceptable to film a child and laugh at them

People on benefits are not all freeloaders (you say yourself when you were on them you weren't?!!)

If you don't understand addiction or Domestic violence and how our badly underfunded system is consistently letting families trying to get help down then don't cast judgement.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
God Bless Arthur and all the ones who returned the love he showed them. ❤☹💔

• Heart
and we also have to understand social services give the benefit of the doubt because they do not want another case load. They want to tick a family off and say case closed.

Olivia was prone to aggression in front of arthur.not too Arthur thabkfully but it's been noted that he would cower under the duvet with the arguements.

I know it can't happen, but in my opinion she should have been dragged up there to face the verdict.
Nah. That will just make her the centre of attention, which was what she wanted. She was going to prison for decades as soon as the verdict was decided whatever she did. She apparently feels no remorse so making her sit through the witness statement would probably just bore her more than anything. It certainly wouldn’t have produced the emotionally devastating response that people wanted.

duck her. Her pantomime is over. Show her to her cell, tell her her routine, and leave her there for 29 years to spend quality time with the only person she truly cares about. Herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This thread has completely turned 🙄

FYI

Children can't save their parents from drug addiction - it isn't about children not 'being enough' for their parents to get help

Strangers looking in know nothing about Arthur's mothers situation and how she feels

It is not and has never been acceptable to film a child and laugh at them

People on benefits are not all freeloaders (you say yourself when you were on them you weren't?!!)

If you don't understand addiction or Domestic violence and how our badly underfunded system is consistently letting families trying to get help down then don't cast judgement.
Maybe I am angry because I am a product of parsnrs who have had addictions. We went into care and then we were placed in the care of our grandparents and the grandad was a pedophile which I had to give evidence I court 9 years ago. I grown up with going to see 'uncle kev' for their drugs. Seeing my mum and dad snort drugs. Have druggies hanging around the house.

So yes I completely understand addictions as I lived in it. Now I have my own children I CANNOT understand why anyones children are not enough.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm fed up of people claiming benefits just for them to spend it on tattoos, new phones, new hair. That is NOT what the benefit system is for. I have been a single mum and on benefits for 3 years before I met my husband. Every penny went on my kids, clubs, days out, decent food. These people needs lessons about what the benefits are for.... Why is everyone so obsessed with materialistic things? What on earth is happening with society now?
This is such a judgemental thing to say. I’m a single parent on benefits, why shouldn’t I be allowed to get my hair done or get a new phone? Surely it’s about balance, I don’t spend every penny on myself and my child gets what he needs too. but are you telling me if you knew me in real life you would judge me for getting my hair cut and coloured every couple of months? Or buy anything for myself? I spend money on my child and I spend money on me. I have no debt apart from my mortgage. I manage my money well. Sick of society tarring everyone on benefits with the same brush.

Reactions: 16
This case is so upsetting. I can’t stop thinking about it. To be deliberately cruel to a little child, your own son? And for a woman who’s a mother to do this? It totally shakes my view of humanity. I can’t make sense of it.
They said that Arthur was badly behaved as a way to justify their actions. His mum had been sent to prison for murder. I’m sure that did affect the poor child. Maybe show a little love and care rather than putting salt in his food and torturing him?!
I feel very sad for the two young children who were living in the house witnessing the abuse. Just awful
In reference to the abortion- you can legally have a termination up to 23 was and 6 days of pregnancy in the UK. And up to full term for a fetal abnormality. Whatever your personal view on abortion not bringing another innocent child into this situation seems the right thing. Neither are able to parent. So so sad

Reactions: 13
But why can't I make a judgement? I've been there and cannot understand the excuses. Good for you, you have your own house. I live in my council house and that's ok.

Thank god for a free school meals, those who take the piss, can't take it away.

For the record, in every element of society there are piss takers. Even those who are millionaires

As a side point, the news said that ET has never worked. Now, I know many people on UC struggle financially and have to rely on foodbanks. Yet ET had a house and tattoos and toys for her kids. How can some people on benefits live like this and others really struggle financially?

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.