Emma Tustin and Thomas Hughes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never understood why they allow sentences to run concurrently.
Do extra crime, serve extra time. The punishment for the cruelty convictions is precisely zero because they're concurrent with the manslaughter sentence. That doesn't make any sense.

A man from my home town is serving a life sentence with a minimum tariff of 28 years for murder. He didn't kill anyone, he wasn't even in the same car as the person who pulled the trigger (biker gang wars). And yet he got seven years more than TH who tortured and ultimately killed his son. I'm not saying the courts were too lenient on the biker bloke, I'm saying TH's sentence is a bleeping joke.
The story of the evil stepmother is a strong one and essentially the judge and jury both bought it to an extent, and that's why TH has a lenient sentence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I assume the judge read out the sentencing remarks in it’s entirety in court? If so I’m absolutely livid she was allowed to sit it out. She deserves to hear every word of what the judge had to say about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m sure I remember reading during the trial that TH thought moving in with ET would be ‘good for Arthur’ because ET’s children were of a similar age to him.

How wrong he was in the end. Tyrants, the pair of them.

Reactions: 6
I hope the inmates make their lives as painful as they made Arthur's. I will be very surprised if they give her parole, she's where she belongs now.

I assume the judge read out the sentencing remarks in it’s entirety in court? If so I’m absolutely livid she was allowed to sit it out. She deserves to hear every word of what the judge had to say about it.
Yes, he will have read them out in full in her absence.

She'll get a copy, don't worry. I think it may just be dawning on her that she's the most hated women in the UK right now.

@DuckDuck I realised while I was cleaning the washing machine - all the glamour 😂 - that I think you were confusing only serving two thirds of the sentence with the credit defendants who plead guilty are entitled to, which is up to a third off your sentence depending on how early you plead and the seriousness of the case. Wayne Couzens pleaded guilty early and still got a whole life order.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Having read the sentencing remarks I can see that the judge set the main sentences to be longer to include extra time for the cruelty convictions, so they're not ignored, which is good. I guess the reason they're still sentenced separately is in case there was a successful appeal on the main charge.

TH will be released from prison in June 2034. He'll only be 41 or 42. Reckon he's got off lightly. Noticed this in the sentencing remarks.
I bear in mind that the jury have convicted you of manslaughter and not murder. Therefore, I sentence you on the basis that you deliberately encouraged Tustin to use violence on Arthur but not that you intended her to do so with intent to kill him or cause him a really serious injury. But the evidence leads me to conclude that your words and actions were designed to encourage her to violence only just short of that which might cause Arthur grievous bodily harm.
That leads me to think that the judge wouldn't have been surprised if the jury had returned a guilty verdict for TH for the charge of murder.

Reactions: 10
Having read the sentencing remarks I can see that the judge set the main sentences to be longer to include extra time for the cruelty convictions, so they're not ignored, which is good. I guess the reason they're still sentenced separately is in case there was a successful appeal on the main charge.

TH will be released from prison in June 2034. He'll only be 41 or 42. Reckon he's got off lightly. Noticed this in the sentencing remarks.
That leads me to think that the judge wouldn't have been surprised if the jury had returned a guilty verdict for TH for the charge of murder.
Around about the anniversary of his sons death. What a cruel irony.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Birmingham mail online have an online book of condolences should anyone wish to add a little note xx

Reactions: 12
In the grandmother’s statement she says that a witness blamed the family, who was this and what did they say? Online someone mentioned Shane Hawkins but can’t find what he said that was blaming them - he said Emma was a good mother.

Reactions: 2
New pics of Arthur on DM 😭😭with his build a Bear😭😭😭❤❤❤

Such a beautiful, beautiful boy who looks so friendly and happy. Heartbreaking 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Some lovely photos of Arthur and his mum on DM xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Nine of the eleven jurors returned for the sentencing hearing.
I can't even imagine how they must feel, I think little Arthur will stay with them, in some way, for the rest of their lives. I feel so heartbroken by this and I can only imagine how they must feel, with all the graphic photos and videos they have seen 💔💔

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I can't even imagine how they must feel, I think little Arthur will stay with them, in some way, for the rest of their lives. I feel so heartbroken by this and I can only imagine how they must feel, with all the graphic photos and videos they have seen 💔💔
I think, like they said, they really did take him to their hearts. I have never heard of a jury requesting a minute's silence to honour a victim before. I think it's pretty much unprecedented.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
those pics in the daily mail... the most handsome, cute happy little boy. how could anyone dream of hurting him? Olivia must be devestated. I see some people on fb looking to send her gifts which is a nice thought. I hope she's at least allowed to leave for his funeral but I doubt it

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.