Emma Tamsin Hill #2 Chippy bun, flattest bum, put your tongue away hun

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(“Sugary tea”) When I said “you cannot love yourself into an obese body” I 100% stand by that. If you are maintaining weight by over eating and not exercising (harming your body) that’s not true self love. The calories and fat have to come from somewhere, watch Anna Richardson’s “Secret Eaters” on channel 4 or even look into Obese to Beast on YouTube who is big in HAES AND BOPO chat.

i really appreciate your comments and contribution here, and I agree with a lot of what else you’ve said. Fat phobia is real, and the fat acceptance body positivity movement has helped so many women feel good in their own skin and live happier and more fulfilled lives, what more could you want?💗

I just really believe there does need to be a balance. Dishonest influencers such as Emma make the problem worse in my opinion. I wish she was more educated about the movement she categorises herself in, unfortunately she has contributed to the confusion and disagreement amongst her followers.
It is quite illogical to say that people who are fat are that way just for overeating and not exercising, there are many factors for people living in bigger bodies that goes further than just diet and low activity. It is really not just reduced to excess calories and fat. I for one am an Intuitive Eater, which means that I listen to my body in terms of movement (activity) and hunger. And no IE isn't a ' free for all binge', like the view a lot of people hold. Self love for me is redefined as looking after my body in what i eat and that i move my body for the joy of movement not for weight loss. (I suffered with a serious eating disorder in the past, so weight loss is not something i subscribe to) So I partially do agree with you there.

I definitely agree with you that Emma needs to educate herself fully on the movement and I do have my own skepticisms on what she puts across as Intuitive Eating. There are many who have jumped onto the HAES bandwagon that use IE as an excuse to not take care of their bodies and say that they eat intuitively but then like Emma eat colossal amounts. That irks me because thats not what IE and HAES is based on. But having said that IE is also not a weight loss aid. If one is using it for weight loss, it won't work for you. Then there is the deeper discussion on health shaming - I don't believe it is right to shame or disrespect people who others deem to be unhealthy, that opens up an even lengthier discussion to what we include as "healthy" and "unhealthy", as there are people who have long term health conditions that are not "healthy" in the eyes of the public, where does that leave them? In all honesty I think we tend to overlook the effect that shame has on people's bodies. Shaming someone for being fat does not make them suddenly embark on a healthy being plan, only true self love does that- when you love your body, you do take care of it - thats the balance. However the assumption that taking care of your body means an ultimate goal of thinness is skewed. A lot of fat people cannot be thin, that is like forcing your size 7 feet into size 4 shoes, because size 4 is seen as more socially acceptable than a size 7. Like others have pointed out also there are so many life variables that contribute to body size, a big part is the culture we grow up and our genetics.

As Emma has publicly centred herself in the movement as a bopo fat influencer, she definitely needs to educate herself more on the subject, you're correct that that her own miseducation has contributed to a lot of confusion and disagreement around the topic. She has a responsibility to be educated and informed. I do wonder if she only jumped on the HAES bandwagon for profit tbh...

I also agree with the folks here that fat for me isn't in the same spectrum as race. Fatphobia can never be compared or put in the same jurisdiction as oppression BIPOC people experience and putting those two together is insensitive as heck. However that being said, BIPOC people who are fat do experience more shame and more oppression, so there is a duality that exists, on levels though. I don't think it is right for Emma to have compared fat with being queer either.

Thank you ChampagneMami99 tho for opening up this discussion & sharing your thoughts and opinions ❤ even if we do disagree quite a bit 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 7
- it really goes beyond to what you put in your body. Size is really not determined by what you eat(sorry gillian mckeith). I have had thin friends that could eat 4 helpings and then still have room for dessert, and they are still thin and who eat like that on a daily basis. It is frustrating for me to be judged for my body being bigger and to be assumed i eat in that way when I don't.
This is so wrong tho?

Reactions: 1
Size is really not determined by what you eat(sorry gillian mckeith).
Alcoholic liver disease is really not determined by how much alcohol you drink (sorry AA)

Lung cancer is really not determined by how many cigarettes you smoke (Sorry Cancer research)

Reactions: 4
Alcoholic liver disease is really not determined by how much alcohol you drink (sorry AA)

Lung cancer is really not determined by how many cigarettes you smoke (Sorry Cancer research)
It’s true.

I have a hormonal issue which causes me to put on weight very quickly and I find it impossible to lose it. Lowe and behold though, if I cut out tit (predominantly carbs) and cut out booze I lose weight. I exercise 4x a week and whilst I may be fit my weight does NOT make me healthy. When I was a size 20 I felt terrible, couldn’t walk upstairs without being out of breath, I couldnt bend down to tie my shoe laces up, I had acid reflux, sore joints, sitting on the toilet seat with a fat arse was uncomfortable etc. It is not bleeping healthy. I am still plus size and whilst I advocate the fact you should do what the duck you want in life I will never ever advocate that you can be morbidly obese and healthy because it isn’t true. You might feel ok, you might think you look ok but your insides are going to be fucked.

I am fairly strict on the weekdays but on the weekends I drink a lot and eat crap and my weight will fluctuate to approx +5 lbs. Obviously it’s not purely fat, a majority of it is water weight. What you put in you for the most part does have an affect. I know there are anomolies (usually skinny people who can eat a lot) and I also say exactly the same for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s a really interesting discussion to have, for sure.
I was always very slim, then went on medication for around a year and gained significant amount of weight. Losing that weight really helped me to understand my body more, and I know that I do feel better in myself when exercising and eating well, but not necessarily because I’m trying to lose weight but because I’m taking care of myself. I don’t know if that made any sense sorry!!

Reactions: 3
You might feel ok, you might think you look ok but your insides are going to be fucked.
Couldn’t agree more with your entire post 👏🏿

I also live by the ‘duck it let people do what they want’ rule and I think shaming/bullying people into losing weight does more harm than good but lying about the heath issues being overweight can cause is also a massive no

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s great to see so many different points of view.
There are some really interesting documentaries about “internal fat” and the dangers of it.
For example, when you see someone who is very slim and can eat extremely unhealthy and never seems to gain weight, they discuss how unhealthy they are internally. We associate “unhealthy lifestyles” with those who are larger, however you can see people who have a much harder time losing weight despite eating healthy.
Let’s say someone is obese due to health issues (perhaps in a wheelchair and thyroid issues) and they eat super healthy but aren’t getting the exercise in to speed up the weight loss and then we see someone who is slim but eats rubbish. Internally, the slim person is more unhealthy and is at more risk of getting illnesses due to the diet.
I hope this makes sense?

the point I’m trying to make is the term “unhealthy” is not exclusive to those who are bigger. As I previously mentioned in my other post, some people are overweight due to illness and it must be terrible to be bullied over something that you cannot control.

I think it’s great that everyone is able to share their opinions without being attacked for it.

Also, replying to champagnemama99, yes she doesn’t disclose any information in regards to the factory. There are so many articles online about factory regulations in Turkey and the issue of exploitation. The problem is that many of Emma’s market aren’t the type to care about where their clothes are being produced and who by. They don’t think about the ethics. Her family obviously want to keep costs low in order to profit but I remember she tried to say that Turkey was the only place that could make her sizes or something. I highly doubt it, I believe Turkey was the cheapest option.

• Heart
In regards to the factory where All Body clothing is made in Turkey, does anyone know if there is a certification of fairtrade/ fair pay that she can show us? I doubt it lol, unfortunately even recently companies like Ralph Lauren and even Sainsburys/ Tescos clothing have been found to have poor working conditions and low pay (they are apparently 'unaware' of this)

Who is buying this allbody crap?

I am sorry to inform you but you can be a non-smoker and get lung cancer from second hand smoke. So lung cancer cannot be determined by how many cigarettes you smoke. Sorry to you and cancer research. Although I do think this information is available for free to read on the cancer research website.

In regards to the factory where All Body clothing is made in Turkey, does anyone know if there is a certification of fairtrade/ fair pay that she can show us? I doubt it lol, unfortunately even recently companies like Ralph Lauren and even Sainsburys/ Tescos clothing have been found to have poor working conditions and low pay (they are apparently 'unaware' of this)

Who is buying this allbody crap?
Unfortunately, it’s a huge problem. In order to outdo each other, often companies will source places that have the lowest wages and regulations because their goal keep productions costs low and profit up. They don’t care about ethics or rights of the labourers. Typical greedy capitalists, Emma loves to talk about a hard day working but she wouldn’t know what a hard days work was if it introduced itself to her personally.
She wants to talk to the factory workers who make her basic ass clothes if she wants to know what hard work is 🙄🙄

• Heart
Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 13.48.46.png
15-30 times more likely

obesity is the second biggest cause of cancer also

View attachment 31651515-30 times more likely

obesity is the second biggest cause of cancer also
This reminds me of this advert which was absolutely slated at the time by Grace Victory and other plus-size influencers. It’s interesting because whilst I can see how this ad may come across insensitive, offensive even, surely medical science can’t be ignored for that reason. It’s a slippery slope.

Attachments

• Heart
4CC12DF1-8816-4C78-8B33-7D39EE22F4E4.jpeg

£40 per therapy session, come on! That is not attainable for most people.

witch is sitting there in her bobbly hoodies again trying to be something she is not.

• Heart
This is like the second time she’s spoken about going through “emotional abuse.” As someone who has experienced emotional and physical abuse, it’s so damaging to see people lie about it or exaggerating one isolated incident as being “emotional abuse,” so I really hope she’s being genuine and isn’t using this as a way to gain sympathy.

She obviously doesn’t owe anyone to talk about her trauma but I would gain a bit of respect for her if she discussed her experiences in a video, maybe donated any money she made to a domestic abuse charity or something.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am sorry to inform you but you can be a non-smoker and get lung cancer from second hand smoke.
But do you acknowledge that smoking can enhance a persons chances of getting lung cancer and although a person might be ‘healthy’ they are causing harm to their body however it doesn’t necessarily mean they will develop lung cancer but they are highly increasing their chances? 🙃

This is like the second time she’s spoken about going through “emotional abuse.” As someone who has experienced emotional and physical abuse, it’s so damaging to see people lie about it or exaggerating one isolated incident as being “emotional abuse,” so I really hope she’s being genuine and isn’t using this as a way to gain sympathy.

She obviously doesn’t owe anyone to talk about her trauma but I would gain a bit of respect for her if she discussed her experiences in a video, maybe donated any money she made to a domestic abuse charity or something.
I get why you might be sceptical, but it’s also damaging to see people assume that others are exaggerating or lying about emotional abuse ...

Reactions: 2
I get why you might be sceptical, but it’s also damaging to see people assume that others are exaggerating or lying about emotional abuse ...
I’m not assuming that she’s lying, I simply said I hope that it’s not the case because there’s already enough issues in the world of people not believing victims. That’s also why I said it would be really helpful if she felt comfortable to make a video detailing her experiences because being open about being a victim does make you come face to face with people who blatantly don’t believe you 🤷🏻‍♀️

Considering she has young girls in her audience who may be struggling with low self-esteem, I just think it would be impactful if she felt comfortable to talk about it to talk about warning signs and how it’s easy to let the abuse continue when you have a low self-esteem. Even if she just directed people towards helpful resources, it could help

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’m not assuming that she’s lying, I simply said I hope that it’s not the case because there’s already enough issues in the world of people not believing victims. That’s also why I said it would be really helpful if she felt comfortable to make a video detailing her experiences because being open about being a victim does make you come face to face with people who blatantly don’t believe you 🤷🏻‍♀️

Considering she has young girls in her audience who may be struggling with low self-esteem, I just think it would be impactful if she felt comfortable to talk about it to talk about warning signs and how it’s easy to let the abuse continue when you have a low self-esteem. Even if she just directed people towards helpful resources, it could help
It’s the fact you said that you hope she’s not lying - it implies you don’t believe it, you wouldn’t say that about a woman you liked?

But yea I agree about directing people to resources etc, I think influencers too easily throw out hints about things like this without taking on any responsibility for aftermath for the audience

It’s the fact you said that you hope she’s not lying - it implies you don’t believe it, you wouldn’t say that about a woman you liked?

But yea I agree about directing people to resources etc, I think influencers too easily throw out hints about things like this without taking on any responsibility for aftermath for the audience
You assume that I dislike Emma and that’s the reason for me saying that, which isn’t the case. If she says she’s experienced emotional abuse then who am I to say she hasn’t? Me saying I hope it’s true doesn’t mean I don’t believe her.

I would hope anyone who has a following, whether I like them or not, and hints at it without talking about it is telling the truth, not because I think they’re lying, but because I know how hard it is to be believed as a victim as it is and I think more influencers being open about what it’s like can only bring more awareness and help to others going through the same thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.