Emma Johnson (Emma's Rectangle)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is she wearing in that video?!? Wears a givenchy jumper so wears a berret?!? Like who does she think she is?

Reactions: 3
I feel weird about her Project 10 Pan update. It’s not like she hasn’t received loads of makeup in PR, so for her too be like ‘I’m so proud of myself for not buying any makeup’ is a bit weird. Like you’ve received tons anyway? Of course you wouldn’t have felt the urge so much because you were receiving new things constantly?
I'm just watching it now but as soon as the title came up I was like "but you will have been sent loads of stuff in PR so it's not really the same is it"

She really has no idea.

Reactions: 7
I feel weird about her Project 10 Pan update. It’s not like she hasn’t received loads of makeup in PR, so for her too be like ‘I’m so proud of myself for not buying any makeup’ is a bit weird. Like you’ve received tons anyway? Of course you wouldn’t have felt the urge so much because you were receiving new things constantly?
This is my issue. Emma doing project 10 pan is totally different to someone who’s not an influencer doing project 10 pan. She’s got a pretty much constant stream of new makeup coming in. Having said that, good on her for doing it, I just feel like she’s missing the point of it, which is to use what you have and minimise your collection.

also, that video of her taking pictures for Insta...how self absorbed, I haven’t even bothered watching it. There’s more and more of her videos recently that just don’t appeal to me

Reactions: 12
It's totally missing the point!

Lucy Moon moans and gets angry with brands when they send her stuff without consulting her first because she knows if it's something she'll never use, it's a complete waste of resources. Emma could definitely state the same and say she's doing 10 pan and she shouldn't be sent anything.

I just find Emma's concern about the planet, and her self-proclaimed 'love' of David Attenborough so insincere. I know it's the loony, 'activist' vegan inside of me expecting unrealistic things from others but she's a bleeping idiot if she doesn't realise how ridiculous she is sometimes.

Reactions: 14

Lucy Moon moans and gets angry with brands when they send her stuff without consulting her first because she knows if it's something she'll never use, it's a complete waste of resources. Emma could definitely state the same and say she's doing 10 pan and she shouldn't be sent anything.

I just find Emma's concern about the planet, and her self-proclaimed 'love' of David Attenborough so insincere. I know it's the loony, 'activist' vegan inside of me expecting unrealistic things from others but she's a bleeping idiot if she doesn't realise how ridiculous she is sometimes.
Exactly 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻 there are loads of Youtubers out there who ask to be taken off PR lists so they don’t recieve junk they don’t want, and Emma isn’t one of them! If she was genuinely concerned about the environment and how much makeup she has, she would follow their lead. But she hasn’t. As I said, the idea behind it is great but from her it’s so insincere as she’s constantly being sent stuff. So of course she has hasn’t bought any makeup in a year, she does have to pay for it 😂😂

No I feel the exact same and I’ve mentioned it a few times in here. Her hypocrisy of going vegan for a month and then immediately going back to eggs, meat and dairy the next day, her buying an EXCESSIVE amount of things that are literally just “things”, which will inevitably contribute to landfill in the future, her accepting brand deals for vegan products when she ISN’T vegan.

That, and her buying prints from Desenio instead of small creators and buying from big companies like ASOS instead of charity shops and smaller designers... her online “persona” and the way she actually acts are two complete opposites.

She’s just like any other influencer and I’m frustrated that people think she’s any different to other influencers.

Reactions: 9
I’ve just had her latest vegan sponsored post pop up on my Instagram. Why is she being offered these and why is she accepting them? I’m not saying you can’t eat or drink vegan products unless your vegan, but she’s taking a sponsorship away from an influencer who is genuinely vegan and would love the opportunity.

Reactions: 9
It’s not even like it’s that impressive, we’ve been in lockdowns the majority of the past 12 months so I also haven’t bought make up because I haven’t worn any.

side note - she looks absolutely ridiculous in that video. Surely she can’t see anything with the hair in front of her eyes

Reactions: 4
I’ve just had her latest vegan sponsored post pop up on my Instagram. Why is she being offered these and why is she accepting them? I’m not saying you can’t eat or drink vegan products unless your vegan, but she’s taking a sponsorship away from an influencer who is genuinely vegan and would love the opportunity.
Does that mean her apology was performative when she got called out? This is what I mean about her being an idiot. I just can't fathom what goes through her head. Clearly nothing does!

Does that mean her apology was performative when she got called out? This is what I mean about her being an idiot. I just can't fathom what goes through her head. Clearly nothing does!
Exactly! Did she learn nothing?!

Reactions: 1
Emma couldn’t give a duck about anything when £££ is attached to it, she’s just like the rest of the influencers

Emma couldn’t give a duck about anything when £££ is attached to it, she’s just like the rest of the influencers
when I first started watching her she was genuinely a bit of a break from the standard. I feel like since the start of the fitness/weight loss journey she’s literally morphed into every other YouTuber. As we’ve mentioned on the thread a few times, to the degree of copying other influencer’s style/characteristics/mannerisms. You can see she thinks she’s the dog’s bollocks and it’s embarrassing.

Reactions: 5
I liked her because she had a decent figure, not tiny like the majority and wasn’t blonde, etc - she seemed pretty relatable at first but I can’t lie I’ve never massively liked her make up looks as they always look caked on.
I think she’s needs to be more confident in who she actually is, rather than who she thinks she should (or wants to) be

I liked her because she had a decent figure, not tiny like the majority and wasn’t blonde, etc - she seemed pretty relatable at first but I can’t lie I’ve never massively liked her make up looks as they always look caked on.
I think she’s needs to be more confident in who she actually is, rather than who she thinks she should (or wants to) be
Definitely. I initially started watching her when she had first bought her flat and was still living at her dads. I really liked that she had a really different decor style and wasn’t the usual Pinterest style that a lot of influencers go for. I still do like her decor style but she doesn’t really show much of her renovation or decor anymore. I really noticed a big shift in her content when she lost weight. Judging from other comments on here, a lot of people have noticed the same.

Just watching her vlog from Sunday, she can’t face doing her Depop?! What else does she have to do all day. If she doesn’t like Depop, pop it on eBay. I don’t like Depop either but I use eBay instead. What a false promise to her followers.

Haven't watched her in ages cos I don't wanna give her any views but decided to watch this 10 pan vid.. has Emma got invisalign or something? She sounds super weird

Haven't watched her in ages cos I don't wanna give her any views but decided to watch this 10 pan vid.. has Emma got invisalign or something? She sounds super weird
It’s her voice, she mutates it for videos and it’s grating AF

It’s her voice, she mutates it for videos and it’s grating AF
But she's all salivary and gross.. maybe it's her lip fillers?

Screenshot_20210122-161224_YouTube.jpg

Also I'd just like to add how bleeping lazy this is leaving these sections blank

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.