Emma Johnson (Emma's Rectangle)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think anyone should be guilted into going vegan. I do my bit for the planet in other ways, sure I'm not perfect but I'm trying but I won't go vegan, it's not for me and alot of other people and that should be OK as long as they're doing other things to help 🤷🏻‍♀️
It's not guilting - it's calling out the hypocrisy of it. Loving David's animal documentaries so much that you cry within 20 seconds (which she said), and then not changing any of your lifestyle to fit that... That's hypocritical. Eating animals aside, she overconsumes which is another huge contributor to the destruction of the planet. You can see that from how much clutter is in her house, especially her office.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It's not guilting - it's calling out the hypocrisy of it. Loving David's animal documentaries so much that you cry within 20 seconds (which she said), and then not changing any of your lifestyle to fit that... That's hypocritical. Eating animals aside, she overconsumes which is another huge contributor to the destruction of the planet. You can see that from how much clutter is in her house, especially her office.

Oh absolutely and I do see the hypocrisy. I've watched loads of vegan documentaries etc and I cried and hated seeing certain things but still eat meat. I just think you can feel a certain way without having to change your eating habits but you must contribute in other ways. Yes the best way may be to stop consuming animal products but it's not always going to be the path people take. Buy less, consume less, be mindful of using certain products, recycle - other things other than becoming vegan are all helpful.

I feel Emma (and most influencers) just say what people want to hear. Most of them are so wasteful and then moan and cry about our planet while not doing anything to help 🤷🏻‍♀️

With her being so obsessive around food and exercise I'd have thought she'd be vegan already but if its not for her then she shouldn't be shamed for it (not that I'm saying you're shaming her, I hope you get what I'm trying to say and it doesn't come across as rude!)

I don't think it's right to guilt Emma into veganism, especially when we can see that she already has restrictive and disordered habits with food. I do agree though with her overconsumption and the amount of fast fashion she buys it is a little hypocritical of her...

Reactions: 7
Saw this in the rave about and popped in...that never lasted long did it haha

• Haha
Wow, there is a LOT to unpack in her newest video. I seriously hope she is having therapy or her friends are paying attention to the obsession.

Reactions: 6
She wants to "gain mass" but is doing so much functional training at the end of all of her sessions? And so much cardio? She's obsessed, it's healthy to lift and I'm not refuting that at all because I love lifting but it's like she's trying to do 50 things at once... Calm down sis

Why has her PT not explained to her that your body is building the muscle in your rest sessions lol, it's the muscle repair after you tear the fibres in your session that lets them actually grow. I feel like she's miseducated.

Reactions: 4
She wants to "gain mass" but is doing so much functional training at the end of all of her sessions? And so much cardio? She's obsessed, it's healthy to lift and I'm not refuting that at all because I love lifting but it's like she's trying to do 50 things at once... Calm down sis

Why has her PT not explained to her that your body is building the muscle in your rest sessions lol, it's the muscle repair after you tear the fibres in your session that lets them actually grow. I feel like she's miseducated.
Watched her PT q&a and she doesn’t know what she’s talking about that’s why

She's going vegan for a month so that's another month of food content incoming... zzzzz

Reactions: 4
At the end of her new favourites video she gives a ‘project 10 pan’ update. She says it’s interesting that she’s not felt the craving to purchase new makeup the whole time. Anyone else struggle to take that seriously? Of course she hasn’t - she receives gifted makeup on a regular basis!! Gifted makeup that she doesn’t mark with AD..

• Angry
Reactions: 17
At the end of her new favourites video she gives a ‘project 10 pan’ update. She says it’s interesting that she’s not felt the craving to purchase new makeup the whole time. Anyone else struggle to take that seriously? Of course she hasn’t - she receives gifted makeup on a regular basis!! Gifted makeup that she doesn’t mark with AD..
I thought the exact same thing!!! She's getting £100s worth gifted to her each month.. How about she donates it all and does project 10 pan for real..? 😴 Some people would only dream for some of the products she gets.. She's always trying out new stuff.. Literally POINTLESS bragging about project 10 pan every month when she's still using new products. Makes me angry tbh.

Disagree. You can be affected by something without drastically changing your lifestyle. I love animals and hate to see them suffer but I can’t adopt every stray I see. Everyone has their own limits. She does a lot with vegan options already. She doesn’t HAVE to go full vegan because she cares about the planet.

Reactions: 3
Disagree. You can be affected by something without drastically changing your lifestyle. I love animals and hate to see them suffer but I can’t adopt every stray I see. Everyone has their own limits. She does a lot with vegan options already. She doesn’t HAVE to go full vegan because she cares about the planet.
She doesn't care about the planet, she's always going on holidays travelling miles and miles on planes.

She doesn't care about the planet, she's always going on holidays travelling miles and miles on planes.
... How are we meant to get anywhere? Spend weeks on a boat?
Y’all act like you can’t care about the planet unless you live like monks. One person going on holiday and eating a ham sandwich isn’t the problem. Capitalism is.

Reactions: 11
She's a massive consumer too like all influencers are and plays a part in consumerism by earning her living encouraging others to consume

Sorry to change the topic but in her new video she says she's disappointed to not get her video up that night... while in her car about to drive to a spin class. How about you miss the spin class and finish your work? Imagine the rest of us just said to our bosses every week "yeah sorry I'm leaving a couple of hours early today because I have a spin class"...

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Not sure where that "I can't adopt every stray" analogy came from when I was on about her consuming animal products and over-consuming in every aspect of her life (complaining she hasn't bought any new makeup but she gets gifted loads of PR samples a month, for example). I was pointing out the hypocrisy of it, nobody is perfect but if you don't acknowledge that you are part of the problem whilst publicly announcing that you care about these things then that's hypocritical.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.