Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok, her latest video wasn’t horrible, but how many bucket bags with wide straps does one person need. Holy hell.

Also, the striped shirt is an upgrade...she didn’t pay for 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 10
Six new bags. Six! And 3 of them are pretty much the same style and size. She is ridiculous.

Also, instead of going on and on about how long your legs are, how about just giving your inseam measurement? That would be infinitely more helpful.

Reactions: 23
Except your mother probably has the good sense to not keep buying jeans that are too small. Emma's jeans always look like they are one deep squat away from busting at the seams.
No, and my mom’s been wearing the same pairs of jeans for years. She still wears a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans I grew out of when I was like 15. I’m in my 30s now 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
No, and my mom’s been wearing the same pairs of jeans for years. She still wears a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans I grew out of when I was like 15. I’m in my 30s now 🤣
Emma: this is environmental sustainability. Pull up a chair and learn a thing or two.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Six new bags, for real?!? That is really ridiculous.

More of her older videos (like 2019) popped up for me on YT today; she looks like a completely different person to now.

Six new bags, for real?!? That is really ridiculous.

More of her older videos (like 2019) popped up for me on YT today; she looks like a completely different person to now.
And you know as soon as she can find the The Row bag she wants, she’ll ditch all these dupes. To Depop they go!

Reactions: 9
Does anyone else feel like joining Gleam, and in a sense selling out, has not helped her content at all.

Reactions: 14
Does anyone else feel like joining Gleam, and in a sense selling out, has not helped her content at all.
Does anyone remember when she joined? Was it before or after her first mental breakdown (the "I'm Not OK" Youtube video)? Part of me feels like it was after, but I am too lazy to fact-check, lol. Maybe she thought joining an agency would take some of the pressure off hustling all the time and give her more brand opportunities. It seems to have worked because she does way less work now, but she is way less interesting.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone remember when she joined? Was it before or after her first mental breakdown (the "I'm Not OK" Youtube video)? Part of me feels like it was after, but I am too lazy to fact-check, lol. Maybe she thought joining an agency would take some of the pressure off hustling all the time and give her more brand opportunities. It seems to have worked because she does way less work now, but she is way less interesting.
She freaked out about having to go to more events I remember

Reactions: 5
It’s def way over a year now, coming up on 3 maybe? She joined right before their last summer garden party (so, 2019?) and she had a meltdown because she doesn’t like big events with lots of people. Then left early.

Pretty sure she joined after that I'm not ok meltdown..

watched her spring summer reels (bags, outfits etc) and gawddddd they are so bland.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but was there an ad she did of her in the shower shiling a razor or cream?...
If anything is off brand I'd definitely say THAT was lol

Reactions: 4
Pretty sure she joined after that I'm not ok meltdown..

watched her spring summer reels (bags, outfits etc) and gawddddd they are so bland.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but was there an ad she did of her in the shower shiling a razor or cream?...
If anything is off brand I'd definitely say THAT was lol
Estrid razors. Lily Pebbles and I think Anna Edit also did ads for them. All left for Emma to hawk is the Wild deodorant.

Reactions: 4
How do y’all feel about the Organic Basics ad? Is it really sustainable when you hawk items you already have in multiples? Like I get “basics”, but show a few then maybe talk about how to replace the ones you have that need replacing, what to do with your old dingy t-shirts (upcycle into rags, dye a new color, etc.)

I’m still pissed OB hasn’t extended their sizing despite promising it was coming for years.

Reactions: 7
How do y’all feel about the Organic Basics ad? Is it really sustainable when you hawk items you already have in multiples? Like I get “basics”, but show a few then maybe talk about how to replace the ones you have that need replacing, what to do with your old dingy t-shirts (upcycle into rags, dye a new color, etc.)

I’m still pissed OB hasn’t extended their sizing despite promising it was coming for years.
I've never bought from Organic Basics, but Emma Hill's promotion of the brand doesn't really make me want to either. It's nice that they're taking steps to be more eco-conscious and ethical (limited sizing notwithstanding), but a lot of these brands just make me yawn. Okay, they make nice, if unremarkable, t-shirts and sweats, but truth be told, most people have enough of these items already. More than enough, even (can you even imagine how many plain black and white tees Emma has bought acquired since she's had her channel?). People don't need help buying more stuff, they need help using what they already own in a way that speaks to their personal style and that makes them feel good when they wear it. Something Emma does not have the skillset to provide.

Re: replacing old garments. I doubt Emma wears anything to the point of it turning into rags. I'm sure the cost-per-wear of her revolving door of a wardrobe is atrocious.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I've never bought from Organic Basics, but Emma Hill's promotion of the brand doesn't really make me want to either. It's nice that they're taking steps to be more eco-conscious and ethical (limited sizing notwithstanding), but a lot of these brands just make me yawn. Okay, they make nice, if unremarkable, t-shirts and sweats, but truth be told, most people have enough of these items already. More than enough, even (can you even imagine how many plain black and white tees Emma has bought acquired since she's had her channel?). People don't need help buying more stuff, they need help using what they already own in a way that speaks to their personal style and that makes them feel good when they wear it. Something Emma does not have the skillset to provide.

Also, re: replacing old garments. I doubt Emma wears anything to the point of it turning into rags. I'm sure the cost-per-wear of most of her revolving door of a wardrobe is atrocious.
Couldn't agree more - but there's no money in that is there. The term "shop your wardrobe" makes me cringe but it's something we should all be mindful of. Shop better but shop less (and when I say better, I mean by way of style, quality, longevity, suitability).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Couldn't agree more - but there's no money in that is there. The term "shop your wardrobe" makes me cringe but it's something we should all be mindful of. Shop better but shop less (and when I say better, I mean by way of style, quality, longevity, suitability).
Very true, this line of thinking does not work with the influencer business model. I mean, it's okay to want new things, as often it rejuvenates our interest in our existing clothes. Not everyone wants or can live with a strict 30-item capsule; I know I would be bored to tears. But Emma just keeps adding the SAME things, over and over. Even if she followed a 1-in-1-out rulle (HA), she'd be trading in one black t-shirt for another. What's the point?? Her style is essentially the same as 3 years ago, only everything's baggier.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I thought several items she wore in that ad actually didn't fit her, including some jeans that are just way too tight in the front. She really just needs to size up, or find a better fitting pair out of her insane collection of jeans. It is incredibly annoying how she proclaims every new pair of jeans just has THE BEST FIT when in fact they are mostly just tight and not always flattering.

Also echoing the above comments, nobody really needs to replace their basics (which most people surely have some version of) with OB just because they are sustainable or whatever. That's just wasteful. EMMA ARE YOU LISTENING?

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.