Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone explain what she’s on about with Sporty and Rich
Would recommend looking at the @notsportyrich Instagram, but Cliff’s Notes:

Sporty & Rich made a huuuuge social media push for their apparel. Worn by Rosie Huntington Whitely, et al. The name in itself is problematic as it’s fatphobic and elitist. They market themselves as sustainable, but they don’t share any information about their fabrics, sourcing or factory base. The owner/founder, Emily Oberg, was very rudely responding to customers asking about their orders. Calling them “bleeping idiots”, etc. She was also interviewed for a podcast where she made fun of people with disabilities, used homophobic and racist language and also said she believed immunizations caused autism. She made arrogant comments about getting paid $15k to do an ad for a makeup brand without actually using any of the makeup. The brand blatantly copied vintage labels. Now all of her and the business socials are private.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Would recommend looking at the @notsportyrich Instagram, but Cliff’s Notes:

Sporty & Rich made a huuuuge social media push for their apparel. Worn by Rosie Huntington Whitely, et al. The name in itself is problematic as it’s fatphobic and elitist. They market themselves as sustainable, but they don’t share any information about their fabrics, sourcing or factory base. The owner/founder, Emily Oberg, was very rudely responding to customers asking about their orders. Calling them “bleeping idiots”, etc. She was also interviewed for a podcast where she made fun of people with disabilities, used homophobic and racist language and also said she believed immunizations caused autism. She made arrogant comments about getting paid $15k to do an ad for a makeup brand without actually using any of the makeup. The brand blatantly copied vintage labels. Now all of her and the business socials are private.
I've never even heard of Sporty and Rich but she sounds a right hole

Reactions: 5
I miss Emma I miss the vlogs she does with Simon the banter and eye rolling that goes on she’s my favourite. I’m so confused that an introvert homebird couldn’t have made this lockdown work in terms of her job

I could totally have seen the odd vlog attempting cooking gardening walking the dogs , zoom calls with bang in style etc I’m amazed she’s essentially gone off the radar for the vast majority of this year

Hope she’s alright

Hope she’s alright
She is uploading on instagram on a regular basis, and is also doing ads so I suppose she is fine. There has been talk about YT decreasing the ad revenue during the lockdown. So there is a possibility that she could not be bothered to make content because of that. She was probably also not willing to risk making more haul/renovation videos in a time were people don't have money, since there are alway a lot of ads in those videos.

Reactions: 1
I've noticed that she's not shared a single glimpse of Simon this whole lockdown (or maybe I've just missed it). But she'd usually show the dogs climbing up on him or something in her insta stories.
I know times are tough for influencers these days (good! They need the reality check) but the way she's just disappeared and stopped interacting with her followers is quite strange if she wants to continue this. You can't stop for 3 or 4 months and then come back as if nothing ever happened. She could've done some insta Q&As or shared a bit more of her day to day to keep things interactive. I think the only thing she was excited about was some expensive joggers.

Reactions: 7
I've noticed that she's not shared a single glimpse of Simon this whole lockdown (or maybe I've just missed it). But she'd usually show the dogs climbing up on him or something in her insta stories.
I know times are tough for influencers these days (good! They need the reality check) but the way she's just disappeared and stopped interacting with her followers is quite strange if she wants to continue this. You can't stop for 3 or 4 months and then come back as if nothing ever happened. She could've done some insta Q&As or shared a bit more of her day to day to keep things interactive. I think the only thing she was excited about was some expensive joggers.
I don’t recall seeing Simon either... it’s a little strange, he’s usually in her stories with the dogs quite often!

Reactions: 3
well as much as we all love Simon, he doesn’t really fit in with Emma Hill’s Instagram aesthetic if you know what I mean 😂

It would make sense as to why there is no You tube content, Simon does all the editing. Although, she is a Ltd Company, and it could be they have both furloughed themselves, so can't put out anything on You Tube as you're not supposed to be still working and furloughed at the same time.

Things seemed a bit strained with them before lockdown

I've said before I dont think them working together is good for their marriage

Reactions: 6
She’s been pretty much awol all year as the beginning of the year was the very occasional renovation video which she’ll have known will be completely uninteresting for a lot of her subscribers, I deffo wondered about Simons whereabouts too, that furlough explanation above makes sense though

I used to like Emma right at the beginning. She was a breath of fresh air, she seemed authentic and funny. However, she became dull, her style completely repetitive and unoriginal and her personality really annoys me now.
And I truly think she is lazy and has zero capacity to create content out of the box. The non content during lockdown proves it.

Reactions: 9
It would make sense as to why there is no You tube content, Simon does all the editing. Although, she is a Ltd Company, and it could be they have both furloughed themselves, so can't put out anything on You Tube as you're not supposed to be still working and furloughed at the same time.
She keeps blaming her mental health for her lack of content, but this explanation makes a lot of sense. Why wouldn't you just come out and say "hey, we've decided to furlough ourselves since we feel we couldn't bring you the caliber of content you're used to"? Is it because she didn't want to invite comments about taking government assistance when their financial position is probably a lot better than others? She's still adding swipe ups and aff links to her Stories and IG feed, so technically she is working, she's not just making YouTube/blog content.

Simon could easily still be creating You Tube content even if Emma didn't want to film anything, he could be editing together unused footage, bloopers, etc, adding music and captions so she didn't have to do a voice over. They must still be getting some kind of income from their You Tube channel anyway as it's still being viewed so still earning from the ads.

Reactions: 2
Someone commented on one of her photos with the Love Handles vase that it was really expensive and Emma’s reply was that she’s happy to support if something’s handmade. Now, it might be nit picky, but those vases aren’t handmade. They’re casts and the woman who runs the business isn’t a ceramicist so she most likely took the idea to someone who is (or 3D printed a cast which is what she does with her jewelry). And they’re also showing up everywhere and makes them seem less special. /rantover

Reactions: 9
Can someone else check? as I know sometimes this doesn't always work, but it looks to me like Emma and Simon are not following each other on Instagram. His account is simoncreasey2018

Can someone else check? as I know sometimes this doesn't always work, but it looks to me like Emma and Simon are not following each other on Instagram. His account is simoncreasey2018
I checked Simon's not following emma, she did say shes going through a tough time!

Reactions: 1
I’ve just checked, doesn’t look like they’re following one another 👀
Could they have really split?! It would explain the lack of videos as Simon does all the editing?

Reactions: 3
She is still wearing her rings.

Maybe they are taking some time apart.

i don’t see her going back to doing videos, she is becoming another lazy influencer. Wants maximum money for the least amount of work

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.