Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What was her reason for downsizing her wardrobe? Intrigued since she has spent years justifying the excess because “it’s my job”.

Reactions: 2
I stopped following Emma since I couldn't handle the way she speaks and her boring hoard of clothes. Her fake sustainability and hauls were too much for me. I'll watch a travel vlog if its recommended on YT but that's it.

I've replaced her with Signe from Use Less, she's Danish. Highly recommend for sustainability, minimal style and home decor. They recently bought a new house and are completely renovating it themselves.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just watched her intro and going to give her a go.

• Heart
She’s behaved differently ever since one of her haul videos was shown on Stacey Dooleys fast fashion documentary. I generally like her and did feel for her when that was shown

Reactions: 3
I imagine the Stacey Dooley documentary producers thought they struck gold when they found Emma’s YouTube video of her trying on boxes and boxes of cheap Zara polyester, the majority of which she didn’t even have any intention of keeping.

Reactions: 5
She’s behaved differently ever since one of her haul videos was shown on Stacey Dooleys fast fashion documentary. I generally like her and did feel for her when that was shown
God shes not the even one of the worst its people like Gemma Miles and Emily Philpott that do Primark hauls every week.

I like Emma, she doesn't do things by halves though, she likes blazers, so has a gazillion of them, she's decorating, so does the whole house. Most people can't afford to do a whole house in one go. Not keen on the blonde hair, looks very brassy and high maintenance.

They are even planing on gettin a new sofa even though the one they have was is only a year or two old.
She did explain the sofa, the current one you can't remove the seat cushions to plump or flip, she admitted it was a mistake, as it's now really uncomfy to sit on. Does seem odd though considering the length she went to making decisions on wall colours, to have made such a glaring error when choosing a high ticket item like a sofa.

Why does she hate zara now? Because she's trying to be sustainable. Her zara hauls are what made her

Reactions: 1
I haven't followed Emma that long and as I just said on another thread I do like her and her style. I've watched a few of her YT vids and she did make reference to buying/accepting too much stuff in the past and that she has downsized now. I still think she has an excessive amount but she does buy a lot of secondhand higher end stuff and she also makes a good point about clothes donated to charity shops that often just go to landfill. She suggested donating to homeless charities as they do actually go to people who need new clothes - I didn't think of this but I will do it in future. I didn't watch the Stacey Dooley thing but I'm guessing that's what's inspired the change in her and fair play to her for acknowledging that, many wouldn't.

What happened to the daily isolation vlogs? She hasn’t uploaded a video for 3 weeks!
Maybe she’s run out of content ideas. I can’t imagine there’s that much for her to do. Is she still posting to social media?

Reactions: 1
She looks terrible with botox. And she should let her hair grow. Saw some pictures from a few years ago and she looked so much better, more refined.

I find it so odd that she started off quarantine active and now she’s retreated to her garden with podcasts with barely a peep. This new normal has been challenging for all of us, but if I just stopped checking in with my boss and doing work without any explanation, I would’ve been fired already. Add to that the sassy, passive aggressive replies to followers.

Reactions: 7
I find it so odd that she started off quarantine active and now she’s retreated to her garden with podcasts with barely a peep. This new normal has been challenging for all of us, but if I just stopped checking in with my boss and doing work without any explanation, I would’ve been fired already. Add to that the sassy, passive aggressive replies to followers.
she is lazy. Always has been. Period

Reactions: 6
She often disappears for weeks on end I presumed because of her mental health, you could have knocked me down with a feather when she joined Gleam as she’s a lone wolf who allows us to think she’s not at all social and sure enough, the state she got herself in when she had to go to the Gleam summer bbq, and she doesn’t seem the type to bring out a shite pointless book that you appear to have to when you’re with gleam

Reactions: 4
I really enjoy emma, it could be an age thing and the fact she’s more mature than the standard so I can relate age wise to her and like her style but Jesus, her rollercoaster of emotions and arrogance to fans annoys me. She wants people to watch, be interested And invested so she earns money but no one can ask why she just vanishes. However, I also can’t bare when she does decide to video (half the renovation vlogs) and you can see she’s clearly bored, fed up, sad, not feeling it, CBA.... just get a different job Emma for duck sake. Of course she may have mental health issues causing this but I think she’s totally in the wrong job if she thinks you can be mYsteRiOuS and vanish without a peep constantly and not get asked.

I really enjoy emma, it could be an age thing and the fact she’s more mature than the standard so I can relate age wise to her and like her style but Jesus, her rollercoaster of emotions and arrogance to fans annoys me. She wants people to watch, be interested And invested so she earns money but no one can ask why she just vanishes. However, I also can’t bare when she does decide to video (half the renovation vlogs) and you can see she’s clearly bored, fed up, sad, not feeling it, CBA.... just get a different job Emma for duck sake. Of course she may have mental health issues causing this but I think she’s totally in the wrong job if she thinks you can be mYsteRiOuS and vanish without a peep constantly and not get asked.
It's kind of sad how so many influencers go and on about their mental health (though it's great that they're helping to take the stigma out of talking about it openly), but continue to work in the industry. I was at my lowest when I worked at a former job where by boss was so verbally abusive I had to start seeing a psychiatrist and go on anti-depressants. You know what I did? I found a different job. And my mental health has improved 10-fold. I'm still on my anti-depressant and in therapy, but a weight lifted. I realize that's a very privileged position to be in, but what is an influencer if not privileged. Her contacts at brands could easily help (maybe less so now with the state of things). It just goes to show that they become so accustomed to the money and the #gifted life that they won't even consider leaving an industry that apparently so severely affects them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Not so sound insensitive, but if she can afford renovating, paying for all of her handbags (even with discounts and stuff), and suddenly disappearing for weeks at a time, she can afford to get help for her problems. If it is her work that is making her ill, she literarily has the option to change things around. When her channel suddenly turned into a renovation channel, I could not really se a lot of people complain on her videos (she could have deleted them) with a pretty good like to dislike ratio.

Get Simon back to a job after the global pandemic has finished, scale down on the work and get back to basics. Take a hit on your income and get better before you ruin your whole career and strain your relationship. Money impacts relationships a lot, especially in an dissolving industry. But then again, this is the women who got really upset and was teary eyed because the hairdresser cut her hair a bit to short. even though she stated in the video that her hair grows super short and would grow out in no time.

Going on a slight rant now:

It really irks me when influencer husbands/partners go the "I'm gonna photograph the misses and not do my day job anymore" road. I know Simon does all of the video editing, but why in would someone trow away a decent career and income for something that can break a relationship in an industry that can disappear in 6 months time. The money hunger is real, I get that everybody want to make "easy" money but is it worth it when you have to beg for everything from period pads to house renovations to be able to hold the influencer-facade up?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.