Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sustainable, buying a whole new wardrobe of cashmere and knit sweaters this year that look so similar to the ones she bought last year. She also really needs to stop with the H&M advertising. It completely delegitimizes anything she says about sustainability and slow fashion. If her viewers find her other selections too expensive, she needs to be encouraging secondhand, not fast fashion.

Also, if anyone cares, the Responsible Wool Standard she talks about is not a union. It’s a voluntary fully traceable certification tool created by the Textile Exchange. Brands don’t have to be certified to use RWS wool, they just have to purchase it from certified farms/mills. And if all product offerings aren’t using it, it defeats the purpose entirely.

Reactions: 11
Emma: "Arket does have a few trendy items, but they're classic styles you can wear year after year..."
Also Emma:
Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 10.22.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 10.21.44 PM.png

🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The first photo on there I don’t think will be a trend that’s a round long it looks awful some can pull it off but it’s a no from me on that look Emma!!!

Reactions: 5
The first photo on there I don’t think will be a trend that’s a round long it looks awful some can pull it off but it’s a no from me on that look Emma!!!
That first “sweater vest” is basically just the inner layer of a twinset from the 80s/90s. She’s just wearing it over a t-shirt. Def did not need to buy a new one from Arket. My mom still has all of hers 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She literally grinds my gears.
Used to love her posts and videos but not any more.
That’s what the unsubscribe button is for.
No point picking her to pieces as she’s beyond irritating. Just delete

Reactions: 2
I just watched 30 seconds of her new video of it takes her that long to put together some jeans, a jumper and some trainers she really has to much time on her hands!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I just watched 30 seconds of her new video of it takes her that long to put together some jeans, a jumper and some trainers she really has to much time on her hands!!!!
I got as far as “organize your closet by color” then clicked out. I can’t with the repetition of her tips and suggestions and checklists. We get it, you’re anal about organization and it takes you half a day to pull on a sweater, a pair of pants and some shoes. Mooooving on.

Reactions: 12
Is it fair to expect that she's going to disappear again now that we're back in lockdown? Perhaps a handful more videos (like the first time) and then nothing until April after the furlough scheme ends?
Would her followers tolerate that all over again? :unsure:

Her advice about "it is ok to wear the same outfit twice" is kinda obvious. Maybe she's directing this at people who are more privileged but even if media was telling me not to re wear an outfit, most of us just dont have that budget or time to devote to shopping. Even with fast fashion that just seems so impossible to me. Her last two videos are all recycled stuff she's told us before. So snooze worthy

• Haha
Is she a fashion influencer? She wears kind of similar ordinary outfits every day and looks like a normal person with expensive handbags. Not sure what she is about?

Reactions: 9
I’ve never followed her but I watched one of her videos where she bought the Celine box bag, did she ever get it authenticated? She spent almost £2k on it, right?
I have one and I know someone who owns a ‘super fake’ and they are so similar, I can’t imagine spending that much money on a bag from eBay.

Reactions: 5
I just realized that she was probably fuming when she wasn’t selected to take part in Vestiaire’s new sustainability ad campaign.

Re: the Celine Box bag. I don’t think she did get it authenticated. But, please...Emma is so well-versed in the secondhand luxury market that she knows everything and getting a handbag authenticated by a professional is SO below her. How dare you insinuate she doesn’t know a real from a fake 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.