Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
#content? Why does it look like she’s aged 20 years in the past few months?

View attachment 266205
i get she wants to look ‘smart’ but we all know she doesn’t work in an office or professional environment, so why this fake ‘I just got home from work and had to take my heels off’ pose?
Noone’s really working in an office at the moment! The filter is drab drab drab

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So... is she just not uploading to Youtube anymore? Again, with no explanation. Lather, rinse, repeat. Since that's the case, I'm going to pick on an outfit from her last video:

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.37.13 AM.png

Call me crazy, but I feel like the preppy sweater-on-shoulders thing is getting out of hand. Seems pointless to wear a sweater over a sweater, especially when the base sweater is so huge that realistically, you can't even wear the top sweater. This is madness. Just wear a scarf! Secondly, stop buying pants that don't fit (though to be fair, these look badly designed).

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.43.48 AM.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sorry, but as someone that is supposed to be a fashion influencer and has about 6 wardrobes full of clothes, that looks horrible on her.
Unflattering and ill-fitting.

Reactions: 8
So... is she just not uploading to Youtube anymore? Again, with no explanation. Lather, rinse, repeat. Since that's the case, I'm going to pick on an outfit from her last video:

View attachment 268509

Call me crazy, but I feel like the preppy sweater-on-shoulders thing is getting out of hand. Seems pointless to wear a sweater over a sweater, especially when the base sweater is so huge that realistically, you can't even wear the top sweater. This is madness. Just wear a scarf! Secondly, stop buying pants that don't fit (though to be fair, these look badly designed).
that prep jumper thing looks so silly and pretentious. Not sure what life she dresses for, she would stick out like a sore thumb in the working-class area she resides in D:

When she is now under cover again, then was all her coming back only to sell the blazer. She was forced to reactivate her follower base again and make them relate to her.

Reactions: 4
Who is buying this blazer?!?! On The Curated website it doesn’t even mention it’s a collaboration with her she just modeling the blazer which looks so out of place with all the other coats modeled my actual models 🤣

Reactions: 2
Who is buying this blazer?!?! On The Curated website it doesn’t even mention it’s a collaboration with her she just modeling the blazer which looks so out of place with all the other coats modeled my actual models 🤣
Obviously the same twits who tag their posts with #emmahillmademedoit.

• Haha
It's painfully clear that she was contractually obliged to return to YT for that Curated collab. It's ludicrous that she's disappeared again. How insulting to her loyal fans that she's so hot and cold with them.

What I don't understand is the way she's addressing this. A normal person would put up a video explaining that she's feeling unhappy with her current content, taking this time to re-evaluate things and will return with a new creative direction.
They might even specify the exact amount of time they'll be away for; giving their followers a clear idea of when to return but, more importantly, giving herself a concrete deadline to work to so that she's not just sulking/lounging/half-arsing her life.

She could either drop YT- which she won't because it's too easy and lucrative- or literally switch up her content to something entirely different since she's so clearly unhappy with what she's currently producing.
Yes, she'd lose some followers but not nearly as many as she'll lose being the unprofessional, stroppy and sulky git she's being right now.
More importantly, if she started producing content she actually enjoyed, her quality of life would improve dramatically, which far outweighs those $$$ she's trying so hard to sustain. Her new content would attract a new audience and the money would come back.
Not to mention, a ton of her original followers have grown up as well, and surely they are as bored and fed up as we all are of the same formula she's so rigidly sticking to, so that group of followers would stick around for the newer stuff, too.

I don't get why she hasn't done precisely this. I just don't understand. If you're so clearly unhappy, do something about it. Hiding, snapping at people who notice you're hiding, then coming out of hiding whenever you need some revenue, is not going to fix the issue. What a wasted platform. What a wasted life.

Reactions: 12
It’s obvious she gets really annoyed by people asking her why she’s not posting new vids, but won’t put up a quick Story or IGTV about it (instead she buries her comments in some obscure community section of her YouTube page). Not to victim blame, but I think she brings a lot of this on herself.

Reactions: 9
The problem with influencers is that once they’ve had enough and they want to leave, they can’t because they won’t ever get a proper job so they’re stuck. And so they keep going but it’s with no effort. One video every two weeks and they just take outfit pictures to keep them going.

Reactions: 12
The problem with influencers is that once they’ve had enough and they want to leave, they can’t because they won’t ever get a proper job so they’re stuck. And so they keep going but it’s with no effort. One video every two weeks and they just take outfit pictures to keep them going.
Totally agree - coast along and do the bare minimum as it would be a ‘humiliation’ to get a new job

Totally agree - coast along and do the bare minimum as it would be a ‘humiliation’ to get a new job
If she was serious about fashion though would it be humiliation to get a real job? Do you think they get addicted to the likes?!

If she was serious about fashion though would it be humiliation to get a real job? Do you think they get addicted to the likes?!
When you are used to work for yourself it can be hard to switch back to have a boss. Also, if she has mental health problems it would also be hard for her to get her ass out to search for a job.
I would like to know if Simon is on the search for a job or if he has already one?

I think addicted to the likes, so ‘humiliating’ in that she won’t have a couple of hundred thousand followers if she works in an office. BUT, If she transitioned to working in styling / photography / interiors, she could potentially keep such a large audience interested, and as someone said above, make content she actually likes

It's hard to know what kind of job Emma would even be qualified for now. It's not like she's taken her channel to exciting new directions or acquired any new skills, in fact, I think her predictability was what people liked about her. No wonder she's miserable.... maybe she's finally seeing her career as a dead end.

Well, she has emerged to do an #ad for Frame, and *seems* normal enough (in that she seems to be her previous usual self).... but yes, I wonder what her overall plan is for the future.

She's incredibly lucky if the few jobs/collabs she has is sufficient to sustain her lifestyle (seriously what does she need a new pair of Manolos for?)

Also, I think she equates "good fit/well cut" with tight clothes (evidenced by her too tight pants/jeans!).

Her recent videos seem to be doing well though, much higher views than her previous content, even though they are dull. So she's appealing to SOME people at least.

I'll never understand these influencers who seem to do very little and just come across so disinterested and unhappy. What's the point?

Reactions: 6
She has an incredibly high following. It’s about 3 times that of someone like Kat Farmer who produces lots of content. Nowhere near Mrs Hinch but still over half a million. And shes got one, slow moving thread on here. So actually she is successful at what she does in the influencer world and can sustain it. Long maintained the documentary knocked the life out of her. They renovated a room for hauls videos and within a year she has to stop making them. But she still has loads of followers. So she’s tapped into some market.

Reactions: 2
The pieces she got from Frame look really "meh" and kind of cheap. The silk shirt looks thin and wrinkle-prone, and the bottoms look like jeggings.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.