Emma Hill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The OOTD in her stories looks like she’s just popping out to assassinate someone 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The problem with influencers is that once they’ve had enough and they want to leave, they can’t because they won’t ever get a proper job so they’re stuck. And so they keep going but it’s with no effort. One video every two weeks and they just take outfit pictures to keep them going.
YouTube was the most recent addition to her stable, if it really makes her that unhappy, simplify and go back to instagram and blogging! Or quit completely and work freelance social media for others or something?

Why does she act like we’re all waiting for her tit content, post the “I’m leaving” video and go! She’s insufferable.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Long maintained the documentary knocked the life out of her. They renovated a room for hauls videos and within a year she has to stop making them.
That’s a really good point - I didn’t see the documentary but I can imagine that kind of public exposure/criticism may have impacted how she feels about her work and her mental health.

What did the doc say?

Reactions: 2
Thats true she really hasn't been the same since that Stacey Dooley documentary
But as any of us with jobs and careers know, when you’re given criticism, you unpack it, learn from it and grow. Instead of facing it head on with emotional intelligence, she could have addressed the documentary and said “this documentary revealed some important truths and I want to learn more about them and talk about how I’m going to contribute to bettering the industry.”

Reactions: 11
But as any of us with jobs and careers know, when you’re given criticism, you unpack it, learn from it and grow. Instead of facing it head on with emotional intelligence, she could have addressed the documentary and said “this documentary revealed some important truths and I want to learn more about them and talk about how I’m going to contribute to bettering the industry.”
If she can't deal with the criticism then she's in the wrong job tbh

Reactions: 7
this documentary revealed some important truths and I want to learn more about them and talk about how I’m going to contribute to bettering the industry.”
I think she did. But it was her mo and she doesn’t really have another tack. She’s now on a more high end pathway.

Reactions: 1
I'm in the US, so I never saw that documentary (nor is it available to watch now), but if you google "Fashion's Dirty Secrets Emma Hill", nothing really comes up. In fact, what does come up are articles touting Emma as a champion of sustainable fabrics *guffaw*! Being featured in a documentary about how your chosen career is destroying the planet would be a personal blow, sure, but it doesn't even mention her by name. She has tons of followers who probably have never heard of the film and many who would rush to her defense either way. So I think it's more than a little disingenuous for her to blame her current woes on that.

Reactions: 7
I'm in the US, so I never saw that documentary (nor is it available to watch now), but if you google "Fashion's Dirty Secrets Emma Hill", nothing really comes up. In fact, what does come up are articles touting Emma as a champion of sustainable fabrics *guffaw*! Being featured in a documentary about how your chosen career is destroying the planet would be a personal blow, sure, but it doesn't even mention her by name. She has tons of followers who probably have never heard of the film and many who would rush to her defense either way. So I think it's more than a little disingenuous for her to blame her current woes on that.
She didn't actually appear in the documentary. Clips of one of her videos were shown on it i think

Reactions: 1
Another yawn-fest video of her coat collection. A dozen long wool coats that all look pretty much the same, just in different colors. I'm sure that in one afternoon she can bang out a couple of these thinly-veiled ad videos where she stands around for a minute, and then does duck-all with the rest of her time. She hardly ever talks or looks at the camera anymore, which kind of mirrors her disengagement with her followers, and has also stopped writing the brands of her clothes in her descriptions (now it's "Blue Jeans" or "Camel Jumper"), forcing you to click on her affiliate links. She's become a soulless advertisement.

Reactions: 10
Another yawn-fest video of her coat collection. A dozen long wool coats that all look pretty much the same, just in different colors. I'm sure that in one afternoon she can bang out a couple of these thinly-veiled ad videos where she stands around for a minute, and then does duck-all with the rest of her time. She hardly ever talks or looks at the camera anymore, which kind of mirrors her disengagement with her followers, and has also stopped writing the brands of her clothes in her descriptions (now it's "Blue Jeans" or "Camel Jumper"), forcing you to click on her affiliate links. She's become a soulless advertisement.
Voice over videos too now

Reactions: 2
I was wondering if she might have pushed that video out today after watching Brittany Bathgate's coats video yesterday. BB did say at the end of it she wish she'd cut her video down into sections - long wool coats, trenches etc.

Not sure how long it would have taken Emma and hubby to get that video done with just a voiceover.

Edit: Just realised BB's video went out on the 8th lol, so Emma did copy the vid idea but with minimal engagement lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I feel like Emma does similar videos a lot so wouldn't necessarily say it was because of BB. She repeats the same "My Most Worn [Season] Items", "My Coat/Bags/Shoes/Blazer Collection", "My Wardrobe Transition" videos year after year. It's a formula that people seem to gobble up.

Reactions: 4
I was wondering if she might have pushed that video out today after watching Brittany Bathgate's coats video yesterday. BB did say at the end of it she wish she'd cut her video down into sections - long wool coats, trenches etc.

Not sure how long it would have taken Emma and hubby to get that video done with just a voiceover.

Edit: Just realised BB's video went out on the 8th lol, so Emma did copy the vid idea but with minimal engagement lol
I'd never heard of Brittany Bathgate until someone mentioned her here and I'm struck by how similar Emma's current aesthetic is to BB. Clothes, poses, filters, down to the moody/sulky facial expressions.

I've followed Emma since the beginning of her YT/IG career so the evolution into this current iteration (of someone else,haha) has been interesting. Never thought she would be one to copy others- and the similarities are too striking to be completely coincidental.

I can see why people like her seasonal coat/blazer/jeans/wardrobe videos but tbh they are so incredibly repetitive it is mindboggling how well received they are.

The vibe she is going for is really just "depressed rich layabout"

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Anyone else think that the coat video was a thinly veiled #ad for Shop The Curated? I feel it should have have been marked clearly as such because she is collaborating with them at the moment.

Reactions: 3
Well, yes and no. She didn’t mention her blazer in the video and if she payed for the coats herself, or they were gifted it’s not the same as an ad.

The vibe she is going for is really just "depressed rich layabout"
HA! I love this. I feel crazy for admitting it, but I miss her vlogs. I guess what I mean is that I miss her actually having a personality, annoying as it was, and having even an ounce of interest in her job. Listening to her speak slowly over a cutaway is like watching paint dry. She, like Lizzy Hadfield, is morphing into a living Tumblr. Soon she'll crop her head from her photos entirely, completing her transformation into "anonymous outfit lady on Pinterest".

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.